TheMoniker plays Corrupt Theocracy

TheMoniker

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EM52JO5.png

These are some very...odd combat stats...my only hope to kill them is for Sandy to crit with her magic wind sword.

I remember encountering this a couple of times in FE7 and more in FE8. It's like, "It's impossible for this dude to hit, but if he could he'd hurt you." Probably one of the funniest bits of FE.

Of course, this blows all that out of the water (weakly connected pun INTENDED!!!).

UibtDvR.png

I'll bet his blood is cherry flavoured!

Me: And then Jello died because even if he seemed a bit scary, he really wasn't!

Daughter: I hate you even more, Daddy!!!

IT HAS BEEN PREORDAINED THAT THE REINFORCEMENTS SHALL CONSIST PRIMARILY OF.... HEALERS!

Let me put it this way...if the reinforcements were just more healers, since the chapter appears almost finished now, why would I have done a second update and not finished it in the first?

The reinforcements will most definitely be...staff users.

I remember encountering this a couple of times in FE7 and more in FE8. It's like, "It's impossible for this dude to hit, but if he could he'd hurt you." Probably one of the funniest bits of FE.

Of course, this blows all that out of the water (weakly connected pun INTENDED!!!).

I'll bet his blood is cherry flavoured!

Me: And then Jello died because even if he seemed a bit scary, he really wasn't!

Daughter: I hate you even more, Daddy!!!

The "I could hurt you if you just weren't so fast" thing happens a LOT in Chaos Mode, if I can judge by the LPs...

Also Jello isn't dead, because we'll get to kill him a second time later on.

Hello babes and bros. Welcome to...

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 18: Chapter 17: Part 2: Drowning in Staves

arGJnIV.png

Right at the start of the update, the reinforcements come...but I can't see them right because of the fog!

STFYSDO.png

But I CAN see the ones that come from the forts...

xi8xhsf.png

Turns out the reinforcements came from the right side! It's...more mages! one of them being a DEF!Mage!

ZprgYNF.png

Wait...

sbyTCLa.png

OH CRAP A SLEEP STAFF

AND BLADEMASTER STILL HAS NOT PROVIDED US WITH A RESTORE

KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT

k1VIaNK.png

OH NO

YOU DIDN'T KILL IT

MIDiVHm.png

Sal can't do it, so all I can do is block the fort they come from!

9tYLjlM.png

Meanwhile, the other side appears to be doing okay...

QETpThe.png

QUITE okay.

aNmFeNV.png

The reinforcement wave contains the only promoted unit in this chapter who can actually attack, except for the boss I guess.

rlXdHAS.png

And then, ANOTHER WAVE!

901FwMj.png

SONG THEN USES HER POWERFUL DARK MAGIC TO

YFGOoA9.png

...Heal an ally.

deZU8xn.png

OH NO THE PAIN

tSNId19.png

Luckily, Sal has the fortitude to pull off a good dodge. Due to the way staff XP works, forts don't factor into it at all, and I'm fairly certain supports can't even help with it. Which is a pity, because THINK of how consistently we could land with those staffs once we get some of our own!

9Mnt3ts.png

YES! YOU KILLED IT!

cxdhS6E.png

Even if they're aggravating, they're still profitable!

YX6LiQj.png

Turns out the druids that have been spawning have...silence? Why haven't they been using it on Sal?

tG1aqMq.png

A third wave comes. Of course.

oVT74XI.png

All stats but skill capped valkyrie! Do it, Lila!

51yDZ5X.pngxcqUnvz.png

If she gains luck for her next two levels, she'll be able to reach 256 hit. If not...she'll have to wait until after promotion, because I'm gonna be stingy with that goddess icon.

sln3y5P.png

With strength and speed capped, there isn't much left for him to do. I can't promote him yet, so I'll keep getting him levels regardless. Maybe he can get a defense point or two...

0EOWH8m.png

A third wave...

hCOwmSD.png

The situation appears contained, since Star's murdering everyone.

D25nDax.png

Star, if your next level does not contain strength I will do another fallen celebrity joke. That's not an idle threat! I'LL REALLY DO IT!

5uPuB0F.png

EVER SINCE SHE STARTED TWERKING SHE'S BEEN TERRIBLE

SEE THAT STAR

YOU FORCED ME TO DO IT

VCJCmfR.png

SO ANNOYING

rk7Rz6N.png

Sal moves to decimate someone. Surely, the reinforcements wouldn't last longer than three turns?

gMFZDVZ.png

People are still dying on the right side.

QFNEpnH.png

Honestly, I just can not say enough about how good Donovan is. He just gets amazing levels every time...

JlOeY99.png

WHEN SUDDENLY A FOURTH WAVE COMES

AND I AM NOT BLOCKING THE FORT WITH THE SLEEP MAGE

OH NO

OpHPYP6.png

An injured, un-support-boosted Mary then proceeds to dodge no less than FOUR lethal attacks, with hits varying from 25-68. Kudos to you, Mary! But because you died, I didn't have to restart the turn, and didn't have an excuse to re-block the sleep mage fort!

wWBRvrb.png

AND THEN THIS HAPPENS

WE NEED MORE TROOPS OVER THERE ASAP

TAKE DOWN THIS PROBLEM

V2bCIdV.png

My MAGIC SAVESTATE POWERS reveal a FIFTH wave!

5isFN6h.png

Nick somehow managed to lose control the situation, despite there being nobody over there who can actually hurt him! This is why I hate status staves!

T5Ltn4J.png

ONE...MORE...LUCK...POINT...

DMGLFLr.pngVl5mXQg.png

Foolish DEF!Mages!

ImTsikK.png

...But it appears she's not pulling that off again!

8N07SgJ.png

Remember...due to the reinforcements, there are two sleep users out there! Nick couldn't escape in time!

LE99IfK.png

Froid revives! I could use him to help contain the situation!

...Nah, my standards are better than that. Too easy, I say.

s0BG6kY.png

MAGIC SAVESTATE POWERS reveal a lack of reinforcements. That's good news, I guess...

jiXo1Xr.png

If you've been paying attention to my numbers, you'll see that nearly everyone is a few levels shy of 20. So, when do the promotion items get dumped on us? ...You'll see. But rest assured it'll be silly and stupid!

orOoSDW.png

DANGIT GRINGO, WHY CAN'T YOU STOP THEM?

MG7xKRS.png

ALL THAT'S LEFT ARE HEALERS WHY DOES THIS STILL REQUIRE STRATEGY

PEoQFmT.png

...Not sure what I'm trying to show, but I'm fairly certain one of those people ran out of sleep staff.

gPhByVy.png

BUT NOT THE OTHER ONE

Vgrm9bp.png

GRINGO WHY WERE YOU THE ONLY ONE AROUND

SOMEONE GET MORE PEOPLE THERE

jYIbnwL.png

Yup, one of them's out! This should be over before long...

CoLrWdd.png

BAM! THEY'RE ALL DEAD! WE WIN!

z8M3mTm.png

Hey Elliot, stop being like Roy!

uTn0Plc.png

Sal recovers. Back to training!

U6QTsUE.png

This...might be permanent.

AlE6oF0.png

As I healgrind, one(AND ONLY ONE) of the silence users thinks to try their luck(and fails). No idea why they aren't preying on Sal. I think it's because of something like "shaman(F) is a newly added class and Blademaster forgot to mark it as magic-using".

dMQ5b2P.png

Lila occasionally steals Sohpie's shtick. I'm okay with it.

1n5rlwG.pngwmskdEB.png55ytjyE.pngBkEtayn.png

You know what? I think this lady's gonna turn out okay, even if she isn't amazing.

38iEcEB.png

This last one starts fleeing...

vQ0tiNB.png

To get healed by the boss.

ikV8Pnm.png

Before we finish, let's have a support!

Kat: Tell me Nick, why do we fight?

Nick: Because you have bested me in battle far too many times!

Kat: Ah…And I here I thought you wanted to date me when we first met.

Nick: Date? What? Nonsense! We must fight!

WHAT A COMPELLING LOVE STORY

Kat: Hey Nick. After this war is over, would you like to travel with me? We could get to know each other better.

Nick: Travel together? Of course I will! It will give me more chances to beat you!

FFPKE32.png

I bet that sounds like a really big belly laugh.

Kat: I hope he realizes I like him before I accidentally kill him…

iaQzJ1D.png

I guess I'd say this is the LEAST sucky ending of all the support chains I've seen.

hZ3GumC.png

I took a screenshot, here but after this I stuck it out to 75 turns...

Ls8R4QV.png

AND THEY STILL CAN'T SUPPORT. And I have no idea why! Is there another female shaman later? If so, that's kinda misleading...hopefully it just turns out they take a REALLY LONG TIME to support.

tr2mZWB.png

I may need backup to beat this one.

59Zz5Nb.png

Kat comes in and weakens beautifully.

hVkxbid.png

Sal then...

PVOvGaA.png1H9TJVH.png

Finishes. Definitely.

Also, note the interesting-looking boss palette.

fC1M6N5.png

She's basically caught up now.

r4kZFhf.png

If all the promoted ones are healers, I don't think we're in too much trouble.

Sal: We need to cross the desert next.

Hellen: But this is the power of the true Mages? Wow… I can see why Lyra is so powerful.

Troy: Even I have never fought the Mage clan before, and I have been in many battles.

Elliot: I guess this just shows we should do our best to take caution.

...Could someone maybe get a restore staff? That seems like it would be cautious to me...

eBBPQGl.png

So, this is the "big evil group", right here. The TRUE FINAL BOSS is not present, but these guys are a prettybigdealtm when we get to them.

Evil person: Yes. The Repub army defeated her.

Athos(?): … The future is cloudy. I can only see Drum and Tune’s death. But… I have a feeling… The one with Blue hair… He will die soon, but his children will be the ones to end this conflict.

!!!

That was me, pretending to be interested in the plot.

Limstella(?): How does he die?

Athos(?): He dies far out at sea away from his loved ones. That is all I can see.

Translation: Not until the FE8 sequel. You didn't actually think that this hack would do anything that cool, right?

Limstella(?): If our deaths are to be, then so be it. We will at least make sure they do not meet him…

Nergal(?): Very well. Page and I shall head to meet Aurora now. Thank you for your hard work.

Evil person: It was no trouble Nigel. Page.

Nigel for Nergal, and Page for Athos. I don't get it.

Page: Farewell my friends.

GYc4i44.png

Tune: Yes…

So, I think these are supposed to be the "DESTINY IS DESTINY" characters. Naturally, it isn't exactly done well.

QiAJ6n0.pngCqijiRM.png

NEXT TIME: Another desert level! If you're excited, raise your hand!

*crickets chirping*

i am excite, because i am always excite to see the terrible idea i can twist to my own benifit (plans for a crack story with wispy bishi mages lamenting about easily preventable "fate" plan will most likely be a go.)

But Ohana means family!

Man, the names in this hack really confuse me. . .like, most of the stuff Song rattled off is music-related but then A WILD KAGE APPEARS!

/jots down for next game but replaces sleep staff with berserk staff

NO.

But Ohana means family!

Man, the names in this hack really confuse me. . .like, most of the stuff Song rattled off is music-related but then A WILD KAGE APPEARS!

But what if Kage is actually just a really exotic instrument?

The CHAPTER 18 PRELUDE

vldFs1P.png0hJCFuY.png

I already hate this chapter.

M5uvRvC.pngkMBkyTI.png

That's literally the exact same as last time!

Fz8gDRN.png

Hey, another custom map! This one doesn't actually look THAT bad...

Note that Blademaster did use another walk event here.

uIC8E7z.png

Craft: This is why I quit the holy army! They made me part of the Mage alliance army. Good thing that division has been disbanded.

Gunni: You were part of the Holy Army!?!?

Once again, Gunni manages to come to the conclusion an even slightly sane person would come to. Blademaster tries to make her look smarter than the other characters, and sometimes he succeeds...

mNTGmPU.png

Taken out of context, though, this line...

Gunni: We need to talk…

QUffr2o.png

Craft: Let go of my ear!

Presumably Craft got dragged away here. What a way to treat one of the top contributors to the army!

Hellen: At last, one of those idiots gets what they deserve…

Dragged away harmlessly by the ear = WHAT THEY DESERVE

Sal: Well… We should concentrate on crossing this desert. If possible, I’d like to find and speak with Claire…

184rd7W.pngyH1f27u.pngyBAh5Wp.png

As you can see, this map uses the "lines" organization style, which, since they all charge at us, will quickly disintegrate into a disorganized mess.

iEFD9nP.png

Evil person: Kill as many enemies as you can! In the desert, we are king!

rnmPhzT.png

Here are the rebels! Note that the one in the middle is actually a mage, not a knight. He'll morph once we start the chapter.

IRgBsmi.png

Just look at these portraits! I mean, look at those faces. Are two of those faces just copies of each other with a slightly different expression?

Claire: I think it’s best that you stay here and wait for me to comeback with help.

Nino(?): Mother…

Claire: Don’t worry about me. I’m strong. Stay safe!

Claire doesn't actually move from her starting spot in the chapter.

3o7azPT.png

Kid: We need to survive until mom gets back!

Other kid: Easy enough! With my nosferatu, I’ll suck the life right out of anyone who tries to put me down and out!

END DIALOGUE

irNU5hc.png

Once again, Blademaster got the chapter number wrong! Anyways, let's see what we've got...

PKDsmKX.png

Only 12 units? For a chapter like this, it's honestly kind of a small amount. This is the point where deployment spots start getting really weird.

Az4jM1p.png

Here are the units getting left out. Sandy is almost level 20, so I had to leave her behind, and I don't have enough guiding rings for Mandrake(on second thought should've left Nick because desert...)

lh3i5NV.png

So apparently, Craft can use Part1!Henry's Wolf Beil...

DgIBNOC.png

Here's our position. Let's look at the enemies.

CGdReyh.pngYV36CFy.png

The first wave. Prepromotes with fire/flux tomes. They're not that threatening, we can beat them.

nOiQjMs.png0D25qSv.png

These four shamans up top. ALL of them have eclipse tomes. That base hit chance isn't exactly threatening, but note that Eclipse has ALSO had its special effects removed, it does normal damage now. You know, since FE7's Eclipse was balanced by its pathetic hit, Blademaster could have buffed it here, but nope. Eclipse is now a siege tome that is weaker than the Purge/bolting in every way.

ip4ruRc.png1bihlbd.png

This wall. All healers.

baLT2T5.png3hl5qwT.png

These five people. ALL DEF!Mages, and they're even tougher than before. Keep in mind they start RIGHT NEXT to the rebel group...

gyElfR3.pngE0csJNT.png

The two shamans on the cliff ALSO have Eclipse. The two on the ground have flux.

LdimejL.pngMyRs3LV.png

The two in front of the castle are healers as well, and one has a stealable.

WRk85gG.pnghSKrR8d.png

These guys(including that one shamanness) are all unremarkable.

LFcMLW4.pngj5IsuBO.png

We;re not fighting Ephidel! We're fighting Drum! Anyways, considering that we beat Jello, I think we can beat this guy, even if he does have a throne.

Starting the chapter...

XV3bWZz.png

Janet: you’re Donovan’s cousin right?

Star: Yes. I am. Why do you ask?

Janet: Do you know what kind of girl he likes?

Star: What kind of girl he likes? Umm… Nope! Sorry. Donovan never shows that kind of emotion towards anyone really.

Janet: Oh… Do you know if he has any experience then?

Star: Oh yeah! He has lots! He was once a male prosti-! Umm… Never mind I’m gonna go now…

Star the tactful.

cPF29Rc.png

You know, I have a question: How the heck is Janet not pregnant!??!

Don't answer that it was rhetorical

Nwm7clX.png

Janet: Did you really do what I think you did!?!?

Donovan: Maybe, maybe not. This is a battlefield. Let’s go!

KiDe4rM.png

You know, now that I've gotten over the initial shock, these antics are sort of amusing.

ifAG6Po.png

There are the rebels!

zcme4Uc.pngIT9D3ns.pngaejazzY.png

UgMsZo7.png

Note that Lila's there for comparison. Claire is a powerful prepromote who might actually be a good Valkyrie long-term, but I think we'll stick with Lila. Her inventory contains TONS of good stuff, though!

l9TDGMD.pngNRSsra4.pngubl6qj9.png

Nina...her stats are REALLY WEIRD. Not to mention, she's only level 9, but she matches Sal in quite a few things! Nina is probably the mage I'm gonna use here.

mrDpmlS.png

This is a good tome. I want it.

IUpUVeK.pngMcYaVbl.pngP4Y7SGh.png

Louis! He doesn't seem that remarkable, honestly...

0Ji2rh5.pngVmjLT8G.pngMu44GyR.png

Ryan is kinda meh, honestly. I guess he could be good, but we JUST got Sal...

And remember, these guys are facing off against the DEF!Mages we saw earlier!

OrMIWip.png

Merlinus is NOT in a defensible position. The sage wall is coming for him, and the eclipse army is still there...he's doomed.

NEXT TIME: Turns out there are items buried in the sand!

For Christmas, you guys all get the gift of not having to read Corrupt Theocracy! What I mean is, I'm not gonna post tomorrow. I'll try to finish this chapter today, but it's a pretty big one, so no guarantees...

Edited by TheMoniker

The green haired kids are Lugh (yellow clothes) and Ray (purple clothes). They are twins from FE6, so yes, that's why they look alike, not because of any laziness on Blademaster's part. Jeez.

Well, PARDON ME for assuming inherent suckiness in a hack that has proven itself inherently sucky

Yeah, okay.

i'm having trouble remembering how many of thoses NPC's survived for me.

that can't be good

It's not.

I assume you haven't played FE6 for how you failed to recognize Lugh and Ray (Lou and Raigh depending on translation). And that last one's Cecilia, also from FE6.

I read the archived LP of FE6, but haven't played it in full. I recognized Cecilia, but not the other two.

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 19: Chapter 18: Part 1: Mage Murder

LWMcB1n.png

Star starts by tearing into these eclipse-wielding fools.

OpyHl3g.png

Gringo moves up and gets himself our first thingy! A warp! Oh YES!

sOJsLgf.png

So many of our units will hit level 20 this chapter it isn't even funny.

kS6rlq9.png

With Janet's help, Mary makes her way to the rebel forces...

qzKbzSx.png

End of the first turn. We're just tearing through the starting forces!

5RrzcPc.png9i2rcVL.png

Nina dies. In TWO ROUNDS of combat. Yup. The only way to conceivably save her is to RNG abuse, or use ULTIMATE TACTICS by making use of the warp staff lying right next to you. But most players wouldn't think to do that, would they? Louis, you're our last hope for a mage, so please hold out, buddy!

FdFigWe.png

It's...not looking good...

rk9X3Hf.pngoG5yLt7.png

But then the other two DEF!Mages, even though they COULD have gone for Louis, instead for other units. I'm confused, but...also thankful...

emIONWJ.png

All the eclipse users target Merlinus. One hits.

ObmS9wv.png

And then that happens. The Merlinus death starts getting EXTRA real at this point.

eaPAmjl.png

And then the healers start moWAIT WAIT WHAT

OWjWpE6.png

I didn't know the ENEMIES could pick up these staves! It would be insane and clever if they actually used them against you, since the AI does have limited capability to use the staves. However, Rescue requires C rank, and these guys have D staves.

28hzcKi.pngxKbLPX4.png

Louis is smart enough to spam his vulnerary, and the other two take out an enemy...there's hope!

L01APQx.png

Kat's almost to level 20, and still no defense!

LlEmfHM.png

Beautiful! Merlinus avenged!

ozeGUHY.png

Star has hit 20.

jotnAzi.png

The first wave is GONE!

eMXoaZD.png

Help them out, Mary!

dm3bJE6.png

Bleh.

qcF7Bvx.png

Donovan doesn't look like he's gonna cap anything, but does it matter when you ALMOST cap everything?

txfKjiH.png

These guys can't possibly hit Larry, I have no idea why they're attacking him.

sImhW7y.png

He's profiting, though.

pSkLzzw.png

Louis is still holding out! We can do this!

ozKdRGL.png

OH NO THE HEALERS ARE UPON US

NBBztOb.png

With more teamwork, the DEF!Mages are gone! They're saved!

...FOR NOW.

oBgDuiF.png

y2Z4tLu.png

A memory resurfaces from my first playthrough...this ruined house...

ndRIC1q.png

Sniper lady: After destroying my home, you see fit to trample on it? Ashton… I will avenge you for us and our children! Even for that child who is not of our union!

0zv7jg6.pngqD36bsa.pngKUkUOmi.png

Oh snap! That was sudden! So, Jill is a useful prepromote. She's the only viable sniper, since this game literally gives you NO archers-JUST snipers. I could probably use her, but I'm gonna hold out for an unpromoted bow-user.

eW0u3kt.png

Huh, Claire actually does move. It's not to find help, though. It's just to kill enemies.

9acMzym.png

Huh, Donovan can't recruit her...

LHfoXEk.png

Uh oh, Kat can't either! This is a problem! She'll have to be left to her own until I can get Sal over there...

yerlPBO.png

Jill doesn't move on her phase, so let's grab her!

Also, this took me FOREVER to find on my first run, but when I found it I realized just how GENIUS it was...

OSrQYUA.png

There's an Ocean Seal ON THE LAKE. Wow.

Hlwp6gK.png

I HATE not having a convoy!

Y0VKHF2.png

Remember, Gringo promotes with that ocean seal!

8SB9ofk.png

Staff retrieved!

oz08PEa.png

Sal's gonna hit 20 soon, even though she joined as a level 8 unit last chapter! These guys give SO MUCH XP...

MwcNA14.png

One of these guys hits Craft. It hurts.

ph14puL.png

WHEN SUDDENLY REINFORCEMENTS

There is literally just a WALL of mages from the area below the castle. Fittingly, some of them carry Fire Wall, which we don't get for ourself now because Nina died.

qbu22Ex.png

Level 20! And, just like Barry, she capped str/spd/skill! Also, she ACTUALLY GOT DEFENSE! It was at the last second, but SHE GOT DEFENSE! You go, Kat!

b09AzKD.png

The mage wall approaches, I want Louis out of there!

Sab5zQm.png

On enemy phase, a SECOND wall comes. There's a tile offscreen, which means SIX units come per turn, all of them carrying offensive things!

46cHlmh.png

This is fast becoming a problem!

ZVUvKKH.png

Claire is still "helping", and she isn't in much danger, but I'd appreciate it if she headed a bit upwards.

UhiTmrp.png

What with all this chaos...we need a secret weapon...

ZD737HB.png5sb5K8J.png

I'm still fairly certain Blademaster buffed everybody's growths.

ufWgdXz.png

Yeah, the enemies are doomed.

CnaVYVp.pngl9yTEe6.png

Mary and Larry slam into the level cap. Look at that, 27 speed on an unpromoted thief. BALANCE!

WsLMTrT.png

Sal is such a good unit.

Wjh9cN1.png

Third wave. Now this is just unit spam!

Ftynie2.png

Stupid physic people! I'd have killed you if you didn't carry a stealable!

4v42ot1.png

And then Claire kills her. No talisman for me!

iq28d83.png

Star makes it, and Kat can recruit Jill!

95Yg14n.png

Kat: Excuse me, but what is your name?

Jill: You… I am known as Jill.

Kat: I knew it! Uncle Gan and Father always told me that my Aunt Jill was out there somewhere! They said that you had beautiful Blond hair and Dark skin… I’ve always wanted to met you!

Uh...

Jill: Looks like my hunch was correct too. You remind me of Catlin. Look like her too. What brings Barry’s daughter here after going such distances?

Kat: Oh, I’m not here alone! I’m here with the Repub army to take down Mage!

Jill: Take down Mage eh? I guess I’ll join you too. They destroyed my home and killed my husband. My kids are safe though.

Kat: Kids! You have kids!?!?

Jill: Yep. Five of them. Four boys and one girl. But they are on a boat trip with the oldest one right now. When they come back, you can see them.

Kat: YAY! What fun! I can’t wait to meet them!

9WJIztL.png

Now the sniper is on our team!

ZZrYEtJ.png

Look at them! They just LOVE to cluster-attack Larry, even though they can't hit him.

RDHNLNK.png

Wait, is Claire actually talking to Sal? Because that would actually be-

Y9YufqF.png

Oh, never mind. She's healing her. Despite her being at full health.

XVpKgQu.png0cRFzUx.png

Claire: Sal! And I am ever so happy to see you!

Sal: A friend of mine came here to help us! And she brought an entire army!

Claire: Really? Perfect! Now I just have to tell my kids!

This conversation recruits Claire, but not her kids, so...

I'm gonna cut it here. The next update will be the last you'll get for a while, so enjoy it!

yup, after reading this i remember Nina dying exactly like that too.

i also could've sworn i had more units promoted by this time, but its been forever so i'm most likely bullshitting.

also any bets the mother isn't gonna give a shit about her daughter dying or she'll magically be alive in the next scene like Erika was?

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

Thy commentary is improving... It is nearing FE7 CM CoD style :p

I...think the hack is improving as well. I've noticed a lot less typos, and while the gameplay is still stupid, Blademaster apparently is starting to glean some eventing knowledge...

yup, after reading this i remember Nina dying exactly like that too.

i also could've sworn i had more units promoted by this time, but its been forever so i'm most likely bullshitting.

also any bets the mother isn't gonna give a shit about her daughter dying or she'll magically be alive in the next scene like Erika was?

Considering that I've used every single promotion item that even exists at this point, I'd say you are a LYING LIAR. And yup, nobody expresses even the tiniest drop of sadness that a family member is dead.

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 19: Chapter 18: Part 2: Finding Stuff

YcNvH45.png

Now that we've recruited Claire, we need her to snag that mage! I want him on our team before everyone is dead, so we can start his training!

WY6VXdV.png

Kat got defense two levels in a row after not getting it for 13 levels? What?

ly1MldX.png

One level left. WILL HE CAP SPEED?

rIwmKWm.png

We ALMOST have them mopped up...

3TBY85d.png

When suddenly, more reinforcements! Blademaster uses TWO different waves of reinforcements here, which is actually a new thing!

BUS164z.png

Annnnd one of them has a sleep staff!

nG0MqaH.png

Jill SOMEHOW manages to dodge.

JLcW7Kl.pngiXr2fxt.png

Louis: And just in time! I wasn’t sure how much longer we would have lasted!

The kids can all recruit each other as well, so there's a lot of conversation variations, none of them interesting.

1efuOmK.png

I'm letting Kat handle most of the enemies, since no one else who can gain XP is in range.

gT2NmeQ.pngyk7lirD.png

You know Blademaster, the LEAST you could have done is made Claire start with a restore.

R8oUMWl.png

Almost there... We've nearly made it across this purgatory of a desert!

bAWcYzc.png

What, you thought there would only be one wave? HAH!

bnnl76I.png

...I may not have thought this through properly.

PBJISFy.png

That isn't a miss. That's "no damage". These sages have ordinary light tomes, that's why.

vm9Ywh1.png

And then, right as SUPER TRAINING is about to begin, he's hit with a sleep.

iKlUoUd.png

LN03isC.png

Twentieth level...YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!

05GTmVL.png

Another twentieth level, but we still don't have any rings for her. I'm happy she capped magic, though.

ZykFckM.png

You know, the fact that promoted Kat has gotten three levels in such a short timespan really says something about how fast people level. It's like reverse dream of five mechanics, seriously. Judging by the fact that Kat is killing unpromoted enemies and STILL gaining over 30 XP, Blademaster MUST have done something to the XP formula.

SH1wKdl.png

Because two waves wasn't enough.

oeetI3u.png

Jill does not resist a second time, unfortunately.

y224phk.png

Okay, let's see that promotion!

I present to you...

Ky9UWkD.png

BOWEN Mk, II!

MpZLOW5.png

I'm serious, I think Blademaster standardized the promotion gains across all classes, with only a point or two variation here and there.

OUjluSa.png

Note that this ISN'T an ordinary general. Normal knights get AXES when they promote, but soldiers get SWORDS.

RMbbe92.png

Why a class that is explicitly known for using lances promotes into a class whose only special thing is its ability to use swords is beyond me. But at least he starts with a B rank.

pEp5hkj.png

This guy isn't going down to any physical attacks anytime soon. And look at that 20 speed. General with 20 speed. YES.

4NMkyVF.png

Heals happen.

lPP4pPr.png

A fourth wave! Four sleep users! When you have no restore staffs! Yay!

HSlGTmv.png

They seek to neutralize Kat. It doesn't work.

7yCsnOt.png

And now the females are trying to silence Lila! Note that they haven't actually succeeded in this, even once.

IQprPP2.png

Elliot is one of the best people on the team right now.

2q9yDT4.png

A FIFTH WAVE! TEN STATUS STAFF USERS! THIS IS GREAT! COME JOIN THE PARTY GUYS! THERE'S CHIPS!

EPS3dXA.png

HEEHEEHEEHEE

uXLpUOX.png

Okay, I'm done going insane. Let's eradicate the last of the green force.

Claire: Ryan! Help has finally arrived!

Ryan: Thank you mother! Let’s turn the tables on these traitors!

Ryan conveniently forgets to mention the death of Nina...

XZnuVka.png

Perfect level?

YIlQwLV.png

FINALLY! IT'S TRAINING TIME!

qEdVEqR.pngls5aQvI.pngFZ3IGuO.pngr76GyXr.png

You know what guys, I think we made the right choice! All that's left is bows, and then we'll have all the weapon types! I say this because I want to be able to use all the legendaries.

sVTk8FX.png

Up on the cliff is another promotion item, the Elysian Whip! We have two fliers, so I'm more than happy to take it.

wvFPp9n.png

I STILL HATE NOT HAVING A CONVOY

vE77LzB.png

WHEN SUDDENLY

PHBC5rv.png

Honestly. I don't think giving bosses physics is really a good idea.

W2aN0Qc.png

In short order, Drum is the only one left. And I want Louis to kill him!

5btS2zR.png97E9yuw.png

Star is no longer a blue-tinged pegasus knight. Now she is a blue-tinged FALCON knight!

2VPRXzH.png

GIMME DEM STATS

ikTil04.png

Still needs strength, but she's gonna cap everything else, no question.

uTYeJuj.png

Yup, that's right! Up here, in a 2x2 area hat isn't even sand tile, Blademaster hid the boots!

x4iyZN1.pngX5swydf.png57tD3OY.png

Nick weakens Drum, and gets a level in the process. He didn't get any action this chapter, and as a result he's one of the few who hasn't hit level 20 yet.

yX0bs7P.pngWGiRMAz.png

Louis summons the giant wind blade and murders Page. THAT'S FOR HIS SISTER THAT HE DOESN'T SEEM TO CARE ABOUT THAT MUCH!

VwJO00g.png

Magic capped already! Nice!

0mfOPeJ.png

Lila will never cap skill, but she can get every other stat save HP if she starts pushing!

c74ltwF.png

Louis and Ryan have a talk.

Ryan: Louise! Mom came back with help! We can fight back now!

Louise: Great! I was starting to get tired of waiting around.

I think this is just the recruitment conversation turned talk. That's honestly a good idea, I wish more hacks would do that so I wouldn't have to savestate to see all the recruitment conversations.

CuVHw0Q.png

SUPPORT FORMATION!

QXssXwB.png

Sal x Janet?

Sal: Lady Janet. It is good to see you again.

Janet: Oh! Sal! It’s you! How are you doing on this fine day?

Sal: I’m doing well.

Janet: You know… Everytime I see you, your breasts always stay the same size. Why is that?

Sal: …How come everytime I see you, your mind is in the gutter…

*sal leaves*

Janet: Sal! Wait! You didn’t answer the question!

KwskqLz.png

I think I'm gonna go all the way to A with these two.

pO9VpN6.pngsYa8BzQ.png

I wait a VERY long time, and when my support detector still shows nothing, I am forced to conclude that A: Louis isn't finding a support partner anytime soon and B: Donovan really CAN'T support with Sal, and that there must be another female shaman later.

WlTHE6P.png

Let's finish up, I suppose...

noDmkgA.png

Gunni: Normally I would have liked to use a battalion of Falco Knights to get through, but this works too.

Sal: There was nothing we could do about that though.

With what we'll see later, the Repub army DOES have a Falcoknight division. We could have just waited for them!

The Hooded Girl: But now we can learn about where Ohana is.

Donovan: …

Gunni: Something wrong Donovan?

The Hooded Girl: He senses it too…

Sal: Excuse me? Senses what?

The Hooded Girl: Nothing…

You know, you could just tell us! We could use the knowledge! There's no point in being cagey!

U7mvghp.pngnhYE5my.png

Annnnnd that's it, apparently. Now, I know the next chapter is the big climatic battle, but EN is coming out too soon for me to do it. You'll have to wait until the break lifts...

Well, now that you're done, THIS LP IS OFFICIALLY GOING ON HIATUS. The reason is because I have an Elibean Nights LP to start, and a Chaos Mode LP to take out of hiatus! I can't do three LPs at a time, and even if I could, I would NOT prioritize this hack on anywhere close to an equal level as those two! See you guys...likely after I finish Chaos Mode!

Oh darn, I'll miss the crap fest, but Elibian Nights and Chaos mode will probably be way better. Also dang, what happened to those Falco Knight caps? Strength looks like one of their best stats and skill looks like it caps at ~20.

Welp, that just means I'll actually have to download the patch and play it. TO PROVE THAT EVERYONE CAN BE RECRUITED! :P:

(oh, and that Merlinus can actually get a level or two)

Finally, i enjoyed your commentary for CM. This hack is kind of dull, and I'm sure your commentary is entertaining, but I'm really scrolling to see stats and all because this game is not that great.

Oh darn, I'll miss the crap fest, but Elibian Nights and Chaos mode will probably be way better. Also dang, what happened to those Falco Knight caps? Strength looks like one of their best stats and skill looks like it caps at ~20.

Yeah, Blademaster did some messing around with the caps, but it doesn't make things more balanced at all. Falcoknight skill actually DOES cap at 20, and it's TERRIBLE. But if you think that's bad, just wait until you see promoted Craft's caps!

Welp, that just means I'll actually have to download the patch and play it. TO PROVE THAT EVERYONE CAN BE RECRUITED! :P:

(oh, and that Merlinus can actually get a level or two)

NO DON'T DO IT! RUN NOW! SAFE YOURSELF!

Merlinus can actually get levels? Funny, because he survived last chapter, but still didn't level.

Finally, i enjoyed your commentary for CM. This hack is kind of dull, and I'm sure your commentary is entertaining, but I'm really scrolling to see stats and all because this game is not that great.

Yeah...see, the main difference between this hack and Ostian Princess is that Ostian Princess lasted 9 or so chapters, and this one goes for 32(prologue/final + 30). When you read the Ostian Princess LP, there's only so much you can read before the badness starts to get going. Compounding the problem is that the hack seems to be slightly increasing the quality, which, as the graph on this page shows, the hack's guality improving ironically REDUCES the enjoyment. There's nothing I can really do about it as an LPer, but I think a break will renew some of the laughs, so people won't get tired of it.