Hi I'm new and need help with custom animations and classes

Lance-a-lot

Hey there, so I finally decided I want to start hacking FE Roms lol and so I did a ton of research over the last few weeks and lurked around alot of topics and tutorials on these forums for info. And I have finally gotten to the point where I think I sort of understand inserting and importing custom stuff BUT Im having trouble with how I actually use the things I import. What I mean is I have the Necromancer animation dumped from fe8 that i would like to assign to a new added class. I'm using fe7 btw as it appears to be used the most and I found the most info on it. So I'm just messing around with what I can do right now and I decided I wanted to create a class and character from the ground up to start with for some experience and practice. So I have my animation and I have a map sprite that I ripped from fe8 using the gameboy graphics editor program that I found and they're added in succesfully, I think, with no troubles that I know of but I figure that was the easy part. Once I added them I realized I dont know how I get the game to use them so I researched into that on FEuniverse and discovered I have to expand the .txt file for Nightmare modules with my new necromancer animation from the animation manager. So now that I can tell the game where to locate my animations I'm not sure how to have more empty space for custom classes that can use my animation. Nightmare comes with two free ones and that works for now since I only need one for my one character but what if I ever need more? Is there any way to go beyond those? I figured "why not expand the .txt file to include a x64 and beyond for more custom spots for classes like I did with the animation manager .txt" but is that ok to do? Or would that cause issues with the game? And after that I would really love to use the portrait and various talking and blinking frames for the beta kyle and forde seeing as how they aren't being used and my custom personal character could use those(probably shouldnt use necromancer for those portraits though lol). But I'm not sure where to find them. Would I have to rip them from the beta fe8 patch? Thanks for taking the time to read this if you did and I hope I can compell someone to help me out about custom junk. I've noticed no one really likes the new fish in the tank but I'm not sure where else to ask for this so here I am :D

so there's this thing called a "line break" that has this magical property of making it easier for me to read the things you're saying

maybe i'd be more inclined to help you if it wasn't a chore to decipher your text

For clarity, i went and broke it up for you CT075.

Hey there, so I finally decided I want to start hacking FE Roms lol and so I did a ton of research over the last few weeks and lurked around alot of topics and tutorials on these forums for info.

And I have finally gotten to the point where I think I sort of understand inserting and importing custom stuff BUT Im having trouble with how I actually use the things I import.

What I mean is I have the Necromancer animation dumped from fe8 that i would like to assign to a new added class.

I'm using fe7 btw as it appears to be used the most and I found the most info on it.

So I'm just messing around with what I can do right now and I decided I wanted to create a class and character from the ground up to start with for some experience and practice.

So I have my animation and I have a map sprite that I ripped from fe8 using the gameboy graphics editor program that I found and they're added in succesfully, I think, with no troubles that I know of but I figure that was the easy part.

Once I added them I realized I dont know how I get the game to use them so I researched into that on FEuniverse and discovered I have to expand the .txt file for Nightmare modules with my new necromancer animation from the animation manager.

So now that I can tell the game where to locate my animations I'm not sure how to have more empty space for custom classes that can use my animation.

Nightmare comes with two free ones and that works for now since I only need one for my one character but what if I ever need more?

Is there any way to go beyond those?

I figured "why not expand the .txt file to include a x64 and beyond for more custom spots for classes like I did with the animation manager .txt" but would that cause issues with the game?

After that I would really love to use the portrait and various talking and blinking frames for the beta kyle and forde seeing as how they aren't being used and my custom personal character could use those(probably shouldnt use necromancer for those portraits though lol).

But I'm not sure where to find them, would I have to rip them from the beta fe8 patch?

Thanks for taking the time to read this if you did and I hope I can compell someone to help me out about custom junk.

I've noticed no one really likes the new fish in the tank but I'm not sure where else to ask for this so here I am :D

Oops sorry I'm not sure how to use the forums quite yet.

By line break do you mean starting a new line each sentence?

I'm using my phone so that might be the problem, sorry friend.

Basically I am trying to find out how to obtain more custom class slots than the two given in Nightmare.

Would I need to increase the .txt file like with the animations?

Also do I need to rip the beta portraits to use them in fe7?

Thanks! Sorry for the trouble