Japanese FE Character Popularity Contest results

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised at Ike being #1 too. I thought Japan hated Ike. When they announced Ike for Smash Bros Wii U. weren't they going around and calling him a gorilla of something? Well, nonetheless, it's nice to see one of my favorite lords be so popular.

Wow, Ike being #1 in Japan, after they didn't even know Radiant Dawn existed for the most part. Is kinda shocking.

Yay for 2 non lords being on there.

Oh yeah, it's also nice to see Ephraim in the top ten! He's really awesome too. :3

The only ones I'm not at all surprised to see on this list are Marth, Lucina, and Chrom. But the fact that Ike beat them all, just...YES. Like I said, WE LIKE IKE!

How could they not like Ike? He fights for his friends, after all. I'm actually kind of sad that Marth wasn't Number 1, though. best husbando best Lord.

Ike's games well.. Did really poor in Japan so the fact he is even in their top ten is nothing short of a miracle (and smash)

Ike's games well.. Did really poor in Japan so the fact he is even in their top ten is nothing short of a miracle (and smash)

well... they also did really bad in the west, but I'm not surprised at his popularity tbh, being on smash and all

Edited by Nobody

well... they also did really bad in the west, but I'm not surprised at his popularity tbh, being on smash and all

Not as badly, PoR went over that sales quota FEA had to do, RD well yeah that did poorly.

Edited by Jedi

Surprise Finn! :o

So many Awakening characters...

What's with the design they used for female Robin? Is that like the most popular in Japan or something?

The top 5 also make an appearance in smash.. sadly, the most important one is not playable.

Top 7 if you count Lucina's Tiki costume and Trophy as well as Chrom being a FS.

Edited by Jedi

I'm not all that surprised that Ike is on the list, but I am surprised that he's so high up. Top spot! I'm also kinda surprised that Lyn is on the list, and I'm pretty pleased with how far up she is (she should be at the top spot)! Maybe she'll become playable in Super Smash Bros., if popularity in Japan plays a factor. I'm also pleased that Ephraim is on the list! The thing I'm surprised at the most though is that Roy is nowhere to be seen. I thought for sure he'd be in there somewhere.

The top 5 also make an appearance in smash.. sadly, the most important one is not playable.

I know right? C'mon Smash Bros., make it happen!

TIKI IS IN 7TH OUT OF EVERYONE

YES

JAPAN LOVES TIKI

I LOVE HER TOO

but lets be honest she should be number 1 forget ike tiki is best

*ahem* Back to seriousness...

Interesting to see Finn up there. I guess Japan liked how he developed in FE4? (Haven't seen 5 yet, so I dunno what happens with him there)

Whaaat. I thought Japan hated Ike and were more into bishy guys! But YAY. Japan screams WE LIKE IKE!

I think since there are two instances of Ike, one being more lean and the other being more buff, he might have gotten love from people who like one side and people who like the other, plus people who like both instances of him. A similar reason may be why Tiki's up there, too; some like her as a cute, happy child, and others like her as a sweet, mature adult, and some like Tiki in both of her instances, so Tiki got voted up to 7th. That's just my theory, though.

TIKI IS IN 7TH OUT OF EVERYONE

YES

JAPAN LOVES TIKI

I LOVE HER TOO

but lets be honest she should be number 1 forget ike tiki is best

*ahem* Back to seriousness...

Interesting to see Finn up there. I guess Japan liked how he developed in FE4? (Haven't seen 5 yet, so I dunno what happens with him there)

5 Kinda dives a little more about what happened with him between Gen's 1 and 2.

5 Kinda dives a little more about what happened with him between Gen's 1 and 2.

I'm aware of when 5 takes place and assumed it explains what happens to Finn hence me acknowledging his existence in that game, I just dunno what events happen in the game because I've yet to see it, that's all. I'd rather not be spoiled, though.

I'm aware of when 5 takes place and assumed it explains what happens to Finn hence me acknowledging his existence in that game, I just dunno what events happen in the game because I've yet to see it, that's all. I'd rather not be spoiled, though.

Yeah, thats why I kept purposefully vague haha ^^.

Nice to see my favorite Lord up on the top spot!

But at the same time I'm very surprised that he's so high up there. I thought Japan hated him (calling him a gorilla and all).