This is where Mercakete posts her art! :3

Mercakete

HEY LOOK ANOTHER ROTE NPC! Yeah, and I can't draw horses still. Maybe I'm improving? Oh well. Falconknight who is dead and also happens to be the mother of one of my PCs (though she's depicted here before she was pregnant with him/before she stopped being in the Ursian military.) Her pegasus is untacked for some reason I didn't want to draw the tack. Maybe I'll color her someday.

[spoiler=Daphne]KazemiDaphne.png

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, already an update! This one includes Daphne again. Hmm... I wonder who that long-haired guy is she's meeting up with accross that river (I was lazy on the scenery -- and?)...

[spoiler=Secret Meetings]Kazemisecretmeetings.png

Well, I wound up coloring it after all. I didn't go through the process of making it very clean, but I was mainly just trying to show the color of her hair, eyes and outfit anyway. Also filled in her pegasus' eye cause why not. Enjoy.

[spoiler=colored Daphne]KazemiDaphnecolor.png

• 1 month later...

Took a while posting this. TA-DA~ an update! I'm getting better at drawing his hair, though. ^_^ And I think I'm getting better at drawing equines. Not sure why he looks nervous. And yeah, stick figure is there because I got wrapped up in drawing the armor and forgot to add legs until after the armor was done so I need to make myself a reference. Well, enjoy.

[spoiler=Bert the Armored]NorbertandRizinleatherarmor.png

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments. ^_^

So, here's a pic I'd like to color and add magical lighting effects to sometime. For now, it's just a sketch. I couldn't quite do what I wanted to with the scenery (I did imply glowy between these two and you can kind of tell there's an ocean on one side and a desert on the other) but if I wind up editing this on the computer (with something other than MSPaint) someday, then it'll look better in general. XD; I am pretty happy with how the characters themselves turned out, though. :D:

Gytha (the lady on the right) is my character in RotE and Amon (the guy on the left) belongs to Phoenix.

[spoiler=Seas of Water, Seas of Sand]Seasofwaterseasofsand.png

Comrades from vastly different oceans,

friends to meet again in spite of the odds.

I love camaraderie. Of course I'd draw something like this eventually. :P: Or have I already done that...?huh.gif Maybe I have. Would make sense. ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

MERC! Your last two pics here are AWESOME.

The one with Amon and Gytha

asdfsafd

YES

Oh my gosh you need to color that. I'll help you find an art program, man. I know plenty of free ones :O

lol; thanks, roy. It's great to see you on the forums again and always a joy to read your compliments. ^_^ Thank you very much!~

So, I drew something else. Yay! Recently Norbert relived a memory via dream. So I decided to finally draw him as a kid (though this is a terrible picture of him as a kid and I'm going to have to just draw kid!Norbert and adult!Norbert side-by-side sometime to actually do kid!Norbert justice.) Also, it was revealed how much of a jerk Cecelia was to Norbert when they were children. She's still kinda a jerk but they haven't seen each other in a while so there hasn't really been room to test this theory. But yeah, adult!Norbert (in this pic) is in his half-plate armor. Yay!~ So, yeah, I drew it so now people kinda sort of know what it looks like. Primarily leather with some metal plating cause half-plate. Full-plate will come later. Also, in spite of both Cecelia and Norbert being pegasus riders, Snowshard and Rizen are not in this pic. Oh well I didn't want to try to fit pegasi in there. Enjoy~

[spoiler=Sibling Rivalry]NorbertvsCecelia2ages.png

Edited by Mercakete

I can not tell you how much I love your drawings. These new ones are just awesome. I love the poses and you're getting a lot better at drawing perspective.

I have a list of digital art programs you can try, if you haven't before and wish to. They're all free or relatively cheap and give free trials. I know Kiryn and I have mentioned GIMP and SAI before.

Free:

Paint.net: It's like a mini Photoshop, but for free! This program is pretty useful for just photo editing too. It's leaps and bounds ahead of just paint.

http://www.getpaint.net/

GIMP: This one is seriously a free version of Photoshop. You can even use brushes made for Photoshop in it. It has more features than Paint.net, but is a bit harder to figure out.

http://www.gimp.org/

http://www.gimp.org/about/introduction.html

deviantArt Muro: It's a web based art thingy that's made specifically for creating digital art. You can import images from your desktop to work on and it has a built in save system to save projects you're working on online (you can export them to your computer as well). It also has layer functionality like all the other programs on my list.

http://muro.deviantart.com/

Not so free, but a good buy:

Paint Tool SAI: Oh my goodness, this thing is the best ever. Unfortunately, it's not really free, but there's a version floating around called portable SAI that seems to work like a perpetually extended trial. The full program is about $65 (hmm, it went up). The trial version is fully functional if you want to try it. This is the program I use when I do digital art.

Really, the main benefit of this one is the fact that you can blend colors. Like, you have blue painted down and you can paint yellow on it to make green. This also makes for smooth shading and more realistic painting. You can change the control parameters for all of this.

Also, it's Japanese (with an English translation)

http://sai.detstwo.com/sai/

https://www.systemax.jp/en/sai/

Thanks for all the recommendations, roy. I'll look into it. Also thank you so much for the compliments. ^_^ ~

And I bet you all thought I'd just draw RotE stuff forever now. Nope. Here's some LoAF (and he's really due for a redraw) character art~

[spoiler=Raemond]Raemondsketch.png

Yeah, he's not wearing his cape and scarf cause I decided to get rid of those. I think I'm getting better, though I'm not quite satisfied with my ability yet. Well, best way to work on that is to draw more and study things so I'll get on that as time goes on. :3

• 1 month later...

What is this? An update! So I drew something I've been better at than most other things for a long time now for a change. Horses are harder than people, people took a lot of work to learn to draw to the point I'm at now but before those I was drawing dragons generally. :3 I normally draw them with longer muzzles, so this one was still somewhat of a challenge. I think he turned out alright, though. :3

And yes, this is one of my NPCs from rote (though he hasn't actually come into play yet like the majority of my NPCs.)

[spoiler=Elijiah]Elijiah.png

MERC CANNOT DRAW ANYTHING HAVING TO DO WITH CHESS EVER. As a side-note, I think I'm getting better at equines.

So, I drew one of my favorite combat teams from RotE (which is presently split up and thusly not a combat team as of this moment, but will hopefully become one again.) Valter and Phyllis belongs to roymbrog, Ranyin belongs to Rothene and you all know Norbert and Rizen.

[spoiler=Down Time]RanyinRizValterPhyllisandNorbertdowntime.png

Thanks. Probably the spike parts of the frills coming off his head and how the arms, legs and hand-paw things contributing to that. He's been compared to a vaporeon, too. Well, I guess this means he gives off that watery feel. laugh.gif

Ok, just gotta get this out, my favorite part of the picture is that there are little pegasus chess pieces xD

That is now canon. Valter's chess set has pegasi.

lol; excellent. X3 I'm glad you liked that! How strange that people seem to like that aspect so much when the worst part of the pic artistically is all the chess stuff. Well, I'm not complaining! laugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So, I drew this thing then procrastinated on putting it up here. What made me draw it? Well, I was listening to Vs Julius and suddenly wanted to draw the dude. So, I looked up a ref or two and sketched this out! Not the best picture I've ever drawn but not the worst either, I think.

[spoiler=Vs Julius]JuliusLoptousu.png

Also, Gytha's bday is coming up again! Wow. Well, what I call her bday anyway. It's actually more celebrating International Talk Like a Pirate Day by drawing Gytha.tongue.gif It's on the 19th so I should start working on figuring out a picture!

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm incredibly late on posting the Gytha picture because I was sick and didn't feel like drawing on the Talk Like a Pirate Day week and then the scanner was revolting but now I has pictures! Two of 'em even!

[spoiler=A rather happy child]childGytha.png

Yup, that's Gytha sitting on that dock with boots too big for her feet, daydreaming or just being happy in general. ... She's probably about to accidentally lose one of those boots to the sea.

[spoiler=Flying and riding]TasandNamidflying.png

And what is this? Merc drew Tas again? But Merc always neglects to draw him even though the last pic she drew of him is old and needed he needed to be redrawn! Well, there's Tas riding Namid, though you can't see most of Namid. Tas' outfit is slightly different (longer sleeves) but it's apparently getting colder in LoAF so meh, it makes sense. 'Sides, he recently bought a couple new outfits so wheee~

biggrin.gif ~~~ Thank you!~

Also, here's me flailing like an idiot in stickfigure form. (Thank you Kiryn for the animation and the glowy effect.)

[spoiler=Stick]MercDanceyStick.gif

[spoiler=Glowstick]MercDancyGlowstick.gif

Your anatomy's been getting better, I've noticed, now here's some stuff (suggested correctiony stuff in green):

hGZoT.png

The main thing that stuck out to me about Gytha was that her neck is really thick. I'd thin it up a bit. The other thing I noticed was that given the angle of her face, her head would be tilted back a bit more than it's shown as; did so in green. She's kind of lacking a forehead so I moved her bangs up a bit and adjusted the bandanna in accordance. Something's a bit woogly about the hand but I can't quite put my finger on what.

Cbqgz.png

Tas has good arms and shoulders and most of his upper torso, but it looks like he kind of got owned by the foreshortening, I think. His pelvis and legs just got fed to the dark realms, or something. Even with the foreshortening his pelvis should exist, and his legs will still appear longer. I'd put his left leg (our right) down one knee to balance the pose a bit more, and also because it'd be less messy on the foreshortening (which is code for "i wasn't sure i could foreshorten that properly myself") and even on the redraw I made it a bit wonky, the knee might come forward and to our right a bit more. Arms/shoulders were good; I moved his right hand out because you generally don't hold reins quite so close together, though it could probably go a bit closer than I put it. Other than that there's just some minor stuff with unflattening the side of his face.

...It occurs to me belatedly that my color choices are all watermelon horrible. Welp.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the tips! I really appreciate the time you took there. :3 I hope I improved some!

Hey, look, an update! This one was a request from Phoenix which was at first a joke but then turned into an actual request. This is when Shadrak (a shaman controlled by Z at the time but is now a druid I think? And is now under the control of Phoenix since Z quit) was fighting Colin (a swordmaster belonging to Phoenix) in one of the battles in RotE. Shad barely missed Colin in that fight, and that was the request, so, here it is.

[spoiler=Shadrak vs Colin]ColinvsShadrak.png