FE5 Thracia 776

SupremeRulerOfJugdral

Chapter 5, indoor map, evayle and nanna trapped in same rooms as leidrick and beldo, not to mention overpowered units and freaking MAREETA. I know that if Mareeta leaves play, capture or kill, Evayle gets stoned, screwing Nanna. If I try to tough it out with Evayle, Mareeta eventually gets to Nanna and screws her over. I'm at a lose-lose right now, and I'm THIS close to trashing my file.

ah, right. by the way, i'm playing in elite mode, so most units are level 10+. YAY.

oh yeah. how do you get gold? is there like, an arena in later chapters, and i heard you can get gold by capturing enemies... how is this possible, unless you steal their weapons and sell them for cash, which just seems like a crapload of work to do?

extra; i didn't use the Hezul Scroll, and so Lifis lost it after chapter 3. Do I get it back? Please say yes. This is SF, no one cares about the truth (jk, moderators =,=)

characters to use and not use. gimme them now. I already benched Dagda, Halvan and Evayle, and I'm training everyone else, pretty much, because elite mode's been so nice to me.

Chapter 5, indoor map, evayle and nanna trapped in same rooms as leidrick and beldo, not to mention overpowered units and freaking MAREETA. I know that if Mareeta leaves play, capture or kill, Evayle gets stoned, screwing Nanna. If I try to tough it out with Evayle, Mareeta eventually gets to Nanna and screws her over. I'm at a lose-lose right now, and I'm THIS close to trashing my file.

oh yeah. how do you get gold? is there like, an arena in later chapters, and i heard you can get gold by capturing enemies... how is this possible, unless you steal their weapons and sell them for cash, which just seems like a crapload of work to do?

You capture enemies, take their stuff and sell what you want. When you have an enemy captured, you can trade their items >_>. Thieves can steal from an enemy if the item's WT is less than the thief's BLD (Rivis/Lifis should be able to steal Fire tomes from Mages, disarming them in the process).

There are Arenas.

extra; i didn't use the Hezul Scroll, and so Lifis lost it after chapter 3. Do I get it back? Please say yes. This is SF, no one cares about the truth (jk, moderators =,=)

That depends on how he lost it. Did he die while holding it or was someone else holding it by the end of chapter 3?

characters to use and not use. gimme them now. I already benched Dagda, Halvan and Evayle, and I'm training everyone else, pretty much, because elite mode's been so nice to me.

Read.

Edited by ?!

inb4 Sirius does this!!!!! D:

WTF. i spent too much time on this. :/

Elite mode. Good thing I'm not playing with in on my first time. :facepalm:

Uhm... let's see.. Place Nanna at the doorway and have Evayle block her. Mareeta will always try to capture Evayle and miss, so don't worry too much about her. EVAYLE IS RNG-PROOF IN THIS CHAPTER.

Diagram:

Door--------------------|

| Nanna |

| Evayle |

|

Mareeta |

------------------------|

Kill that swordmaster and any other reinforcements from the other side of the wall with Asvel's Grafcalibur. Then, open the door, and Evayle gets stoned.

For gold, you have a problem in the beginning. I did too. Mostly just capture soldiers with Dalshin and sell their short lances, or steal Fire tomes from mages and sell them. Give a few thunder tomes to Asvel too. he'll need it. Wouldn't want you wasting Graf, huh? :P

For characters to use....

Leaf

Rifis - To be replaced by Pahn... unless your Rifis is spectacularly epic

Asvel (your only magic user for a while)

Nanna

Fergus

Fin (?) If he turns out okay, brave lance helps, if not, bench him.

Shiva :awesome: You can replace him with Mareeta if you want

Robert- Requires some babying and scroll abuse in the beginning, but MUCH better than any other bow users in this game

Othin- PUGI FTW. Nice with Halvan's brave axe, since you're benching him

Carrion-Fergus with lances

Bryton

Homeros

Eyrios

Tina (THEIF STAFF + M UP = FTW) or Sleuf.

Galzus

Sety

Edited by Roxas

Bah, no freaking way. I FORGOT to recruit the axearmor. I should start over. *NEW GAME! STILL ELITE MODE!!!*

and Tania had it after I lost her in chapter 3.

by stealing, i mean like capturing them, taking their weapons, and releasing them "stealing". The one you kindly pointed out to me.

oh yeah, I captured Shiva in chapter 2x, but I didn't release him. Do I get him later?

Evayle can't die in that chapter and you know you can just have Nanna wait by the door and Evayle on the stairs to block the units.

Gold you have to sell stuff no village gives you gold in this game.

You should have recived the Hezul Scroll in the chest in chapter 4 if it was in his inventory before ending chapter 3.

Characters to use

Fin

Shiva

Carrion

Fergus

Karin (maybe)

Halvan

Othin (Use both Halvan and Othin or just one if you want)

Safy

Salem (Same with Pahn)

Pahn (12x finish 12 withing 16 turns I think)

Machua (Maybe you'll have to promote her early for good benefits, though she will have E in axes)

Brighton or Hicks (You can only get Hicks if you saved the children in 4x)

Asvel (Have to go to 4x for him)

Lionan

Tina (Same with Pahn)

Lara (dancer make her talk to Pahn in 12x when he is still an enemy)

Glade (Just for the leadership star and extra unit)

Dean

Eyrios (16A left route or if you visit church with Leaf fort option Karin has to be alive and Olwen not recruited or has died)

Dadga (Is good for capturing)

Sety (You have to keep the boss on the castle alive till a unit reaches close to the castle)

Amalda (16A if you went there talk with Sleuf)

Sleuf (16A route)

Galzus (Talk with Mareeta)

(I think I might be missing some)

People that you should maybe use

Fred (11X Trigger the Porticullus attack in 11 and finish it within 30 turns)

Olwen (Same thing with Fred)

Misha

Mareeta

Tanya (Give her some scrolls that increase strength)

Kein Alba and Robert

Xavier (Tough without 18 build theif keep all the Lenster Armor alive and have the civilians talk to them problem is when they turn green they kill each other.)

Conomore (16B route)

Homeroes

Nanna

People that you should not use

Dalshien (Class effective weapons hurt in this game and his other stats besides HP Strength Defense and Build are not good)

Miranda (16B Too underleveled and gets one shot by everything at that level)

Eda (Same with Miranda)

Cyas (It's a pick between 3 lead stars or Sety's Holsety and considering he gives enemies 10 leadership starts before he joins I'm sure everyone hates him)

Marty (Usable if giving Sety and Odo scroll)

Shanam (16B route)

Edited by Cyas

oh yeah, I captured Shiva in chapter 2x, but I didn't release him. Do I get him later?

Yes.

For the Hezul scroll, I'd stick it to Tina. She can benefit from it 30+% hp and 10+% str (not that she needs it) with an only drawback of her wtf 90% luck growth turning into a still wtf 80%. :awesome:

Bah, no freaking way. I FORGOT to recruit the axearmor. I should start over. *NEW GAME! STILL ELITE MODE!!!*

You didn't lose much.

and Tania had it after I lost her in chapter 3.

Then you'd get it back with her on C8x. Before chapter 3 ends, leave scrolls and important items with Leaf or Lifis.

by stealing, i mean like capturing them, taking their weapons, and releasing them "stealing". The one you kindly pointed out to me.

Do it often, it's pretty much how you get the best items throughout the game. Dagda is great for that thanks to his Duel skill.

Yes. Just don't release him and he should appear in C7.

Also, before opening that door near Nanna, have Asvel kill anyone not named Galzus and Mareeta near Eyvel.

I FORGOT to recruit the axearmor. I should start over. *NEW GAME! STILL ELITE MODE!!!*

You don't HAVE to recruit him. He's not one of those overpowered units like Othin or Asvel that can pretty much kill anybody that's not working under Cyas. Also, even if you always try recruiting every single character when you play an FE game, it's probably not a good idea to apply that to FE5 considering that there's a certain general that usually forces you to choose one of two options: either you recruit him or you get to keep your sanity.

I FORGOT to recruit the axearmor. I should start over. *NEW GAME! STILL ELITE MODE!!!*

You don't HAVE to recruit him. He's not one of those overpowered units like Othin or Asvel that can pretty much kill anybody that's not working under Cyas. Also, even if you always try recruiting every single character when you play an FE game, it's probably not a good idea to apply that to FE5 considering that there's a certain general that usually forces you to choose one of two options: either you recruit him or you get to keep your sanity.

3rd Choice: 5 Thief staff uses + BLD ring to Pahn if his BLD isn't 11. No luck necessary.

Oh and perhaps some long range tomes/Sleep staff uses to disable the generic armors with Axes.

Edited by ?!

3rd Choice: 5 Thief staff uses + BLD ring to Pahn if his BLD isn't 11. No luck necessary.

I'd rather save the Repair staff for later instead of using it on Thief.

Also, luck wasn't ever a requirement. It still takes quite a long time and a lot of trial and error to find a good proper strategy that actually works.

I'd rather save the Repair staff for later instead of using it on Thief.

Also, luck wasn't ever a requirement. It still takes quite a long time and a lot of trial and error to find a good proper strategy that actually works.

So do I. Still, it as an option for those who really want Xavier and don't really much need of Repair by that point.

If a green Armor with a Hammer is attacked (and he will be if a red one's in range), he may kill on the counter-attack. With the Hammers stolen, you don't have to worry about this.

Correction to people saying to place Mareeta and Eyvel like that: It makes a lot more sense to have Nanna and Eyvel one space down from the door. This way, Eyvel can take on more then one enemy at a time, and you don't have to sit around chipping away at the Beserker with Asvel, wasting many turns before you unlock the door.

Edited by IOS

Correction to people saying to place Mareeta and Eyvel like that: It makes a lot more sense to have Nanna and Eyvel one space down from the door. This way, Eyvel can take on more then one enemy at a time, and you don't have to sit around chipping away at the Beserker with Asvel, wasting many turns before you unlock the door.

I don't think this is such a good idea. While Eyvel cannot get killed in this chapter,everyone except Mareeta can capture her.

Really, because I have never, ever seen her been captured in Chapter 5, and I have used that strategy countless times. Either that, or she does well enough against the enemies that the chances of her being captured are negligible.

True, the chances are really small but it's possible. Still, as you suggested it is best for Nanna and Eyvel to be 1 space down from the door so Asvel doesn't have to waste turns trying to kill the Swordmaster and Berserker... one very useful detail I constantly forget -__-

Evayle can't die in that chapter and you know you can just have Nanna wait by the door and Evayle on the stairs to block the units.

Gold you have to sell stuff no village gives you gold in this game.

You should have recived the Hezul Scroll in the chest in chapter 4 if it was in his inventory before ending chapter 3.

Characters to use

Fin

Shiva

Carrion

Fergus

Karin (maybe)

Halvan

Othin (Use both Halvan and Othin or just one if you want)

Safy

Salem (Same with Pahn)

Pahn (12x finish 12 withing 16 turns I think)

Machua (Maybe you'll have to promote her early for good benefits, though she will have E in axes)

Brighton or Hicks (You can only get Hicks if you saved the children in 4x)

Asvel (Have to go to 4x for him)

Lionan

Tina (Same with Pahn)

Lara (dancer make her talk to Pahn in 12x when he is still an enemy)

Glade (Just for the leadership star and extra unit)

Dean

Eyrios (16A left route or if you visit church with Leaf fort option Karin has to be alive and Olwen not recruited or has died)

Dadga (Is good for capturing)

Sety (You have to keep the boss on the castle alive till a unit reaches close to the castle)

Amalda (16A if you went there talk with Sleuf)

Sleuf (16A route)

Galzus (Talk with Mareeta)

(I think I might be missing some)

People that you should maybe use

Fred (11X Trigger the Porticullus attack in 11 and finish it within 30 turns)

Olwen (Same thing with Fred)

Misha

Mareeta

Tanya (Give her some scrolls that increase strength)

Kein Alba and Robert

Xavier (Tough without 18 build theif keep all the Lenster Armor alive and have the civilians talk to them problem is when they turn green they kill each other.)

Conomore (16B route)

Homeroes

Nanna

People that you should not use

Dalshien (Class effective weapons hurt in this game and his other stats besides HP Strength Defense and Build are not good)

Miranda (16B Too underleveled and gets one shot by everything at that level)

Eda (Same with Miranda)

Cyas (It's a pick between 3 lead stars or Sety's Holsety and considering he gives enemies 10 leadership starts before he joins I'm sure everyone hates him)

Marty (Usable if giving Sety and Odo scroll)

Shanam (16B route)

You forgot lifis

I actually recommend using a lot of units in this game. Having a team of only 12ish units is a bad idea due to fatigue and the fact mounted riders dismount indoors. I tend to use around 26 different units every playthrough (not all for fighting though). A indoor team of mostly foot units and an outdoors team of knights and staff users may be a good idea.

Edited by Brighton

Chapter 11. Portcullis... what? also, how to keep fred alive. Capture?

Oh, yeah. Kein kicks ass.

Move Leaf to the middle of the map (the room with Fred in it..) he turns into a friendly NPC and the doors will appear to block you and balistas spawn.

Chapter 11. Portcullis... what? also, how to keep fred alive. Capture?

Oh, yeah. Kein kicks ass.

And shit, i think I killed Galzus in chapter 6. I don't get him back, do i?

You'd probably realize if you killed Galzus, since he has a death quote, I believe.

I forgot if there was another Mercenary that descends from the staircase. You might've killed him instead.