Should Azura be kept as a Singer?

Minischew

I was looking at the Growth Rates and Max Stats for Singer, and they look absolutely awful. Azura has decent mods (+3 Spd) and GR (60% Skl, 60% Spd), so it feels like a bit of a waste to keep her as a Singer.

Now, I know that utility characters are very important-- hell, I abused Olivia like she was set on fire and had to dance her flame off. But Azura joins on Chapter 6 in Hoshido and on Chapter 9 in Nohr. In comparison, Olivia joined in Chapter 11. Additionally, Azura is a main character; therefore, I'm assuming we have to use her as a unit quite often.

So, given her availability and necessary usage as a unit, is it worth it to keep her as a Singer? Her alternative base class is Pegasus Knight, and I don't think she does too badly as a Falcon Warrior...

Edited by Minischew

Um, what's bad about 10 STR, 20 SKL, 20 SPD, 20 LUK growths? That's putting her at 60 STR/80 SKL/80 SPD/60 LUK, which is pretty redonkulus.

The only thing that Pegasi offers better is 20 RES; and in so doing you lose 10 SKL and 5 SPD. Falcoknight just adds 10 MAG to that.

Admittedly, Aqua is a huge glass cannon; but you're not going to fix that in a hurry unless she spouse-seals someone with Great Knight/Armor Knight access. Even then, best case scenario is 35% DEF, so honestly I'd say her DEF is pretty much a lost cause.

I also suspect that you need to be in the Singer Class to sing. It's not a skill; though there are skills that buff it.

As a singer, she has incredible utility. As anything else, she's too squishy. She might make a decent Golden Kite Warrior or another ranged class through marriage (like perhaps Elite Ninja or Bow Knight) because then her awful HP and DEF don't matter. But I wouldn't sacrifice Singing for that.

Also, Akua starts with about 20 HP. At level 40 as a Singer, my Akua had 24. No way am I putting that on the front lines

Also, Akua starts with about 20 HP. At level 40 as a Singer, my Akua had 24. No way am I putting that on the front lines

It's even worse. She starts with 16 HP, and has a mere HP growth of 25%. She's far too squishy to be a front line fighter, even if you reclass her.

I guess the growths aren't that bad as I made them out to be, but I was just looking at some of the Max Stats, and it seemed like Singer's were very low.

And that freaked me out a lot, because I supposed that Azura had to participate in, say, every chapter for story reasons. And I know my Chrom ended up maxing out pretty quickly because of that mandate, and I was afraid Azura would suffer from max stat limitations if she stayed as a Singer.

Also, as you pointed out, I saw Azura's growth rates and immediately thought "glass cannon." Personally, I don't really approach a defensive tactic (unless I'm grinding), so it felt a bit wasteful for me to use her as merely a support unit. But if she's that squishy, I guess it makes sense to use her as a utility unit.

Thank you for the responses!

Edited by Minischew

Ah yeah, I know. I was referring more to end class, since I was worried about Max Stats.

I'll probably switch her into Falcon Knight for Rally Speed. If she's going to be used in the back, a rally skill wouldn't hurt.

And you plan to make her a Basara? Do you plan to marry her to Tsukuyomi for the Marriage Seal, then?

(Or are you going to rely on Buddy Seals instead?)

Edited by Minischew

Just reclass her a couple of times. The singing isn't really all that important. Even though being able to move a second time during a turn can be very convenient, it's a frivolous luxury. I'm sure that, like Olivia, Azura will become an absolute monster after two or three class changes.