Your Top 5 female and male characters from the Tellius series(PoR and RD)

sacredenigma

The Tellius series are my favorite Fire Emblem games, so i was curious to see the who were the most popular characters. Since i feel like overall they had a strong cast and a lot of the personalities were explored even though RD lacked a support system with convos

For me

Top 5 females:

1.Ilyana- from the moment i met her i just loved her plus she was the first character i knew how to recruit even before i had played fire emblem. I was reading this gaming magazine and it had a fire emblem article on how to recruit some characters Ilyana being one of those and for some reason she stuck with me since then. After playing the game her constant hunger and tiredness from hunger just won me over, even if she was a character that you need to take care of in order to make strong i just couldnt help myself but to always have her in my playthrough's not only that but her support and relationship with zihark still remains one of my favorite fire emblem support and ship. She also is my favorite fire emblem female ever and character overall tied with Ike

2.Titania- oh titania she is the representative strong unit you get in the beginning of every game and damn was she strong when i first got into the game, titania was my tank she pretty much just killed everyone and back then i was a noob so i didnt went for strong balanced armies and would just let titania single handly win most battles. I find this to be one of the reasons why i love her so much, not only that but i also enjoyed her personality and her relationship of mentor and mother she had with the whole group and Ike

3.Nephenee- she is quiet, a bad ass and strong unit what is there not to love. I tend to have a thing for quiet characters so nephenee just insta won me over. I do wish though we got to see more of her personality which in my opinion wasnt explored as much

4.Sigrun- she is wise, smart and strong even when she wasnt playable in PoR she always had special place in my list but after getting to know her more during RD she just won me over, with her personality.

5.Jill- i love jill's personality and overall story arc in the game she was a really complex character that really grew and learned alot during the game which to me made her so lovable mix that with her at times strict or stern personality and is a winner

Special mention: Marcia and Lethe

Top 5 guys:

1.Ike- I wont lie on my first play throught of PoR i did not like Ike, English isnt my first language and when i first played i didnt understand much plus given the fact that ike starts kinda not strong i just overall didnt use him and would find him a nuisance when in battle since i had to always protect him more so my fault tbh since i just focused on some specific units and i made everyone else weak. However, once i replayed the game for a second time and at that point my english was much better i found a new love for ike add that with the fact that now i would actually put time in the whole army to make them strong i discovered ike to be real strong and useful, from love to hate Ike became my fav lord ever and overall fav character with Ilyana.

2.Ranulf- he is by far my favorite laguz and i really enjoyed his upbeat personality yet seriousness when it came to the topics of war. I also really enjoyed his relationship with Ike and supports. When they got an ending together in RD i was just like set loved it

3.Zihark- he is complex and overall nice guy plus an awesome unit what is not to love, add that to him having a special relationship with Ilyana

4.Haar- quiet.strict yet loving killer combo for me, i really enjoyed his relationship with Jill and im so glad they end up canonically together if you built their support

5.Sothe- My love for Sothe is all mainly due to RD i did not care for Sothe in PoR but i really liked sothe in RD, and i also love his relationship with micaiah and their quarrels about ike lol

Special mention: Muarim,Boyd, and Tibarn

So yeah who are your fav characters this is not about stats wise and stuff of that nature, this is an overall type of list btw

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only played PoR, so I'm only limited to that game.

Boys:

1: Ike

2: Soren

3: Oscar

4: Gatrie

5: Mordecai

Girls:

1: Titania

2: Mist

3: Elincia

4: Mia

5: Lucia

Honorable mentions:

Kieran, Lethe, and Geoffrey (because he shares the same name with my brother and I think that's cool)

I could give you reasons why for all these, but, um... I don't really know myself. I just like them.

Don't expect to see much RD characters here, I don't like them as much as PoR's.

(Excluding Ike and Miccy, since I do like them both and as they are the main lords, I feel it would be unfair to list them)

Males:

1.Ranulf-I honestly don't really know why I love him so much but i just do. I always use him and he always ends up amazing for me.

2.Stefen-Every FE game that I have played has that obligatory Myrm or Thief that I fall in love with, Stefan happens to be this one. Also see above.

3.Volke-See No.2.

4.Aran-Mainly cause we share the same (With the exception of some letters), but Aran is literally me in the game. I mean I would choose Soldier as my class any day.

5.Bastian-I just love him from his design to his personality, he just oozes smexiness.

Females:

1.Mist-I always like the Lord's little or older sibling and Mist is no exception. It also helps she is an awesome unit and is not present for till the end of the game (Elice) or an imouto in overdrive mode (Elise).

2.Heater-I just love her. She is just an awesome character and one of the first gay (albeit very ambiguously) character in FE from my recollection and she can be a pretty competent unit if you use her. Also her design is amazing.

3.Mia-I mean she is hilarious. She has some of the best supports, is a great unit and uhhhhh, I have no more words!

4.Ilyana-I really like her. I find her gimmick funny, since it fits me to a t, in RD, she has the prestigious honor of being the only Thunder Arch Sage, thus the only unit who can wield Rexbolt. Also she is very pretty :3

5.Petrine-I know she is not a playable unit outside of Trial Maps, but I really like her. Not to diss FEA or Fates, but Petrine is what female characters who try to be sexy should look to. While yes, her personality is amazing IMO and her back story is also nice, her design shows how one can be sexy and a horse rider with pants and tits! (Excuse my risque chose of words)

Top 5 Males:

1. Brom: Brom is my favorite character in the Tellius games, and one of my favorite characters in the entire series! I really love his personality, he's just a really nice guy! Honestly, he's someone I feel like I'd get along with really well and want to hang out with. I like his design a lot too, I mean how often do we get a man of the chubbier variety as a playable character? He and Oliver are the only two I can think of. Plus, those awesome sideburns. I like him as a unit too, but I obviously have lots of bias towards him.

2. Caineghis: Like Brom, Caineghis is one of my favorite characters in the entire series. I like his personality a lot, he's like the kindly king every kingdom would want, yet he's also serious and knows how to run a kingdom! His design is cool, too. And as a unit he's really awesome, but then again all of the Laguz Royals are! He's my favorite Laguz, I think.

3. Mordecai: Mordecai is pretty awesome! Like Brom, he's a really nice and sweet guy that you just can't help but like. His design is pretty cool too, I like the blue color he has, it looks great! And as a unit, he's one of the better non-Royals, in my opinion. He can take some hits and also deal damage, just gotta keep him transformed and get him some experience!

4. Zihark: I don't really use Zihark very much in combat, I prefer Mia, and I kind of enjoy training up Edward. But as a character? Zihark is great! I like his fight to free the Laguz, his opposition to their treatment. His conversations with Brom are awesome, and it's funny when he meets Meg! I also like his interactions with Mordecai in Radiant Dawn, they're sweet. His design is awesome, too.

5. Geoffrey: I like Geoffrey's design a lot, especially that awesome blue hair. I like the shading of it a lot. As a character he's pretty cool, I like his dynamic with Elincia and Lucia. As a unit, I kinda mix up which mounted characters I use. It just depends on which one seems to be doing the best in the playthrough, really.

Top 5 Females:

1. Nephenee: Like Brom, I really like her personality and her design. I can kind of relate to her about being insecure, and I really like her overall design. Her armor and hair color are great! And as a unit, she's freaking awesome, especially when paired with Brom! I always train her up as much as I can.

2. Elincia: Elincia is great! I like her character a lot, her development between (and during!) Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn is really good (and for me to say that is amazing, since I feel like the Tellius games have lots of story/narrative issues). Plus her design is great! I've talked about hair a lot, and I'm gonna have to say the same about hers...I like her hair coloring. I like her armor in RD a lot, too. She's also always (one of) the healer I bring to the final parts of Radiant Dawn.

3. Mia: Mia is a very entertaining character! I like her personality and all of her conversations a lot, she seems energetic but not in an annoying or overbearing kind of way. Her design is cool too, but I'll refrain from talking about that. As a unit, she's one of my favorites to use, she always kicks some major butt for me!

4. Mist: Mist was the first character I decided I liked in the Tellius games (among the females anyway, Brom was the very first). I immediately liked her personality, design, and utility as a unit.

5. Jill: Jill is pretty cool, I like her character and design. I can't really think of anything to say that I haven't already said about the other characters on the list.

Honorable Mentions: Oliver, Muarim, Oscar, Lucia, Laura.

Top 5 girls:

1. Mist: She is my favorite character in the Tellius saga. I just love her having a unique class in these games. Her personality and looks are my personal favorites. I like it how she was redesigned for RD, her hair and outfit, to look a little older and mature. And also, I love that she can touch the medallion and not going berserk and not being a heron or goddess.

2. Jill: I think you can learn a lot of Jill, when I first saw her when I was like 10 years old I got a little crush on her, loved her long red hair and contrasting colors; I'm talking about her armor and her wyvern. She is one of the characters who changed the most in PoR. And I liked that she became a little more relevant in part 1 in RD.

3. Mia: I guess I love the swordfighters. Plus she has purple hair and a bright and enthusiast personality. And I like her poses.

4. Micaiah: I liked that she was a light mage! My favorite kind of magic. She always turn out to be the best unit in most of my games, maximising all of her stats and killing everything at the end of the game. Sad part is that in part 1 she is bad but I kinda like to protect her, for me it's fun the harder the challenge.

5. Ilyana: I don't know, I just like her. I always use her in PoR and RD. She is always available and the only one who can use Rexbolt (but I hate her HP in RD). And she is hungry all the time. Like me.

Top 5 guys

1. Tormod: He has been my favorite character since I saw him in PoR. He is so funny and crazy, and cares for random things. He's sassy and cute. I identify as Tormod like 70% of the times I've played it. I love him.

2. Ranulf: He's great. I love his ears, his weird color for a cat and strength.

3. Rolf: Love how he is the youngest person in the mercenaries and still one of the strongest. I feel like I'm Rolf and my brother is Boyd when we are talking. Actually we argue bout the same things most of the time.

4. Kieran: I am as loud as Kieran and I like it. Love how he is always going into his world like nothing else matters.

5. Aran: His expression is priceless and also funny, like how is that you're always with that expression? I don't care, the best sentinel for me.

HM:

Ike: We all love Ike.

Soren: Love his mysterious nature and story. But not his attitude.

Volug: I like how he's always naked and talks ancient language. It's like a sexy foreign student.

Leanne: She looks just like a classic ballerina should be: fragile looking but super strong in will.

Wish I'd seen this thread earlier, the Tellius FE games are my favorite games of all time! ^^

Males:

1. Ike - Isn't it obvious from what's written in my sig? lol Ike is the first FE character I got to be familiar with since PoR was my first game in the series. And I just fell in love with him quickly! I'll always love Ike and he'll forever be my favorite FE lord and one of my favorite video game characters of all time. <3

2. Kieran - He is SO funny and entertaining! lol And I love how strong he is. And he's got more loyalty than you can comprehend. This guy will do anything for Crimea and for those he's protecting.

3. Ranulf - I don't like cats, but Ranulf is too lovable. And he's my favorite color!

4. Boyd - He's hilarious! And a great unit. I really like his dynamic with Rolf too. The three brothers are my favorite set of siblings in the series.

5. Oscar - A knight and chef rolled into one, that's just kewl. And I like his dynamic with Kieran. lol

Females:

1. Elincia - She's amazing and pretty! I love to ship her with Ike. :3

2. Marcia - She's hilarious. lol And I love to ship her with Kieran. ;3

3. Titania - I like her for being the only female Jagen in the series so far and having a nice design. She's a tough woman while also being kind of motherly to the other mercenaries at the same time.

4. Fiona - I feel like Fiona gets undeserved hate because she's a bad unit. But I like her character and design and she seems to be in a similar position to Elincia. She's young, but has leadership of her people put on her shoulders anyway. And this girl's willing to take on the challenge.

5. Lethe - I like her fiery attitude and how she develops.

I'm surprised at how many lists have Mia on them here. I personally hated her.

Edited by Anacybele

Top 5 Guys :

1- Devdan - Clearly underrated in my opinion. He is a simple man, but he fights so that the world can get better, and he does so with a positive attitude.

2- Zihark - One of the less edgy myrmidons of the franchise. His more compassionate personality really helps put him on there. His overall use in game really makes him shine too.

3- Tauroneo - Any friend of Gawain is a friend of mine! He's probably the last original "Old Badass" in the franchise.

4- Kieran - I love how he's a dutiful comic relief that does have his moments. He's a better Makalov in every way (not that it's hard to be better than Makalov)

5- Tormod - I love me a beorc who can run fast with his skinny beorc legs! It's a shame he's barely present in RD.

Runner ups : Aran, Ike, Muarim and Sothe. All of them were really cool, but lacked a little oomph to make it to the top 5.

Top 5 Ladies :

1- Jill - Her character development is phenomenal, her design is great and she's a great unit. Can't ask for anything more.

2- Lucia - Was my crush when I was a little guy, she's still the best Swordmaster in terms of design. Too bad she's not that useful in either game.

3- Ilyana - She destroyed everything in PoR alongside Tormod. Loved her for it.

4- Marcia - She almost solo'd PoR in my first playthrough. I love how she wasn't a recycled character like many archetypes.

5- Nailah - Easily the coolest female Laguz in the game. She can wreck everything from the start and is awesome as a character too.

Runner ups : Nephenee, Vika, Calill, Lyre and Mia. The first four lack the proper screen time to really shine, while Mia is just awesome. But they just couldn't compete with my top 5.

making my list entirely based of RD, since haven't had an opportunity to try Por yet.

Top 5 females:

1) Sanaki

2) Ilyana

3) Mist

4) Vika

5) Mia

Special mentions: Michaiah, Leanne, Nailah, Nephenee, Jill

Top 5 guys:

1) Ike

2) Sothe

3) Sephiran

4) Naesala

5) Black Knight

Special mentions: Nolan, Leonardo, Zihark, Volke, Stefan.

I like too many characters, so it's hard to make lists like these...

Top 5 females:

1. Micaiah. I wasn't particularly fond of the Mickster originally, but through time she made her way to being one of my favourites. I find her occasional goofiness quite endearing.
  2. Mia. I like Mia's personality and design. She's a carefree spirit who enjoys what she does, it's hard not to like her.
  3. Nephenee. It was pretty close between her and Mia. I'm not too interested in Neph's personality, but I really like her design and colour. She also has a pretty cool class in the Lancer.
  4. Elincia. Elincia I find pretty cool, she also works great as an Endgame unit.
  5. Laura. She's one of my favourite healers (although there are 3 on this list), and I've never had a bad experience with her. She usually has great level-ups and her promoted design is pretty cool.

Top 5 males.

1. Zelgius. This may come as no surprise, but Zelgius is my favourite character. A great leader and has tremendous power.
  2. Tibarn. I like this guy because he is so reliable and powerful. He's my favourite Laguz royal. Also, "to wing, brothers!" lol
  3. Haar. This guy is great, one of the best overall units in the game. One thing that caught my attention of him is his ability to end chapter 2/E quickly.
  4. Ike. Another monster, this guy is like a juggernaut.
  5. Levail. I really like Levail, he might not be a playable character but I always found him pretty cool. I just wish he got to have a shot at those corrupt senators.

In no particular order

Top 5 females:

1. Elincia - While her naive philosophy and refusal to kill even her enemies in times of war could easily be taken as a sign of weakness by many, I see it as a sign of strength that she was able to spare Ludveck and the rebels after the Crimean uprising, and despite all she had been through in the mad king Ashnard's reign, she remained uncorrupted while surrounded by such a brutal, medieval-esque society.

2. Petrine - Upon seeing Petrine's death quote "Y-Your... Your Majesty...Forgive me...please... Oh, I don't want to die... So...scared...", we get to see that Soren may have been onto something with his battle quote against Petrine in Path of Radiance "The same? Don't be ridiculous. I'm nothing like you. You kill for sport, and hide your fear behind a wall of bravado. Now let me show you true fear!". While I think there is more to Petrine's character than a ruthless killer, it's clear from her death quote that Soren was at least partially correct, in that Petrine was afraid in the fight against Crimea, she feared death as much as anyone, yet she was still loyal to the king that used her and then threw her away without a thought when it was clear the war was going south. I want to know more about this character, why did she claim to hate laguz but save Ena? Why was she willing to die for a king that only cared about her power, and threw her away after all the years she served her country so faithfully when all was said and done?

3. Mia - Mia was a great character in her supports in PoR, providing plenty of comedic relief to a story otherwise in desperate need of it while searching for her rival, at one point going so far as to try to teach Rhys sword play.

4. Titania - Mother figure to the Greil Mercenaries and a great unit in both games she appeared in, what's not to love?

5. Jill - Arguably the best unit in PoR, and on top of that a great unit in Radiant Dawn. I loved her character development in her supports in PoR, and her conversation with Shiharam was beautifully done.

Top 5 males:

1. Ike - I love Ike's story, going from a boy who could barely wield a training sword to the leader of an army. I also loved his PoR attack animation, casually walking up to an enemy and slashing them with one hand. It also helps that after obtaining Ragnell, he was one of the best units in both Tellius games.

2. Haar - *yawn* I don't think this one needs an explanation if you've played Radiant Dawn.

3. Shinon - Best Archer in the series, hands down.

4. Soren - A great twist at the end of the series when we find out who Soren's true parents are and how he received his brand. He's my personal favorite sarcastic, dry witted, asocial mage in the series. I do wonder how Soren would have reacted and if he would have still abandoned Daein had he known he was the rightful king, but I do believe he would have.

5. Tanith - The reinforcement skill can come as a godsend at certain times in Path of Radiance. Tanith also showed off a sort of dry sense of humor in PoR supports with Marcia. All this combined with being the first playable male pegasus knight and breaking previously existing gender barriers in fire emblem, it's clear to see how Tanith made the top 5.

Edited by Xander

4. Fiona - I feel like Fiona gets undeserved hate because she's a bad unit. But I like her character and design and she seems to be in a similar position to Elincia. She's young, but has leadership of her people put on her shoulders anyway. And this girl's willing to take on the challenge.

P R E A C H. I wish RD had proper supports, cuz i wanted to know more about her and Marado.

Ladies:

1. Marcia. Shes hilarious and really gives a shit about what she does. She hated that she had to leave the Pegasus knights of Begnion, but it ended up being for the best anyway. The fact she gets to serve Elincia in RD, shows that Marcia's wanting to do some real change and knightly type things. Plus, her humor with Makalov is too hilarious.

2. Titania. Shes just the biggest bamf in all of Tellius. Like, i dont even think i need to explain why. I also loved how she had this secret affection for Greil and wasnt about to really blow the lid on that. For the good of the company and all that.

3. Leanne. Shes a sass master, and shes really just too wonderful. I love her to death.

4. Sigrun. Her design and her character is great. I like how she commands an entire army but is this really sweet person who cares that much for her country and Apostle.

5. Jill. Shes just got an incredible story and character arc.

Dudes:

1. SOREN. I love this guy. Hes an incredibly intelligent kid with a huge chip on his shoulder. That chip....boy howdy. The secret behind him that even he doesnt know..<333

2. Naesala. Fuck yeah. Humanoid Disaster i love him. He really does give a shit about his country, and inherited a shitty fucking burden he didnt ask for. So hes gonna make with it the best he can. Sucks he had to stab people in the back for it.

3. Sephiran. Another Humanoid Disaster and a great one at that. He had everyone going.

4. Tibarn. He kicks ass and takes names. Literally.

5. Gee...i guess ill just go with Haar being a sleepy bamf.

In no particular order

Top 5 females:

1. Elincia - While her naive philosophy and refusal to kill even her enemies in times of war could easily be taken as a sign of weakness by many, I see it as a sign of strength that she was able to spare Ludveck and the rebels after the Crimean uprising, and despite all she had been through in the mad king Ashnard's reign, she remained uncorrupted while surrounded by such a brutal, medieval-esque society.

2. Petrine - Upon seeing Petrine's death quote "Y-Your... Your Majesty...Forgive me...please... Oh, I don't want to die... So...scared...", we get to see that Soren may have been onto something with his battle quote against Petrine in Path of Radiance "The same? Don't be ridiculous. I'm nothing like you. You kill for sport, and hide your fear behind a wall of bravado. Now let me show you true fear!". While I think there is more to Petrine's character than a ruthless killer, it's clear from her death quote that Soren was at least partially correct, in that Petrine was afraid in the fight against Crimea, she feared death as much as anyone, yet she was still loyal to the king that used her and then threw her away without a thought when it was clear the war was going south. I want to know more about this character, why did she claim to hate laguz but save Ena? Why was she willing to die for a king that only cared about her power, and threw her away after all the years she served her country so faithfully when all was said and done?

3. Mia - Mia was a great character in her supports in PoR, providing plenty of comedic relief to a story otherwise in desperate need of it while searching for her rival, at one point going so far as to try to teach Rhys sword play.

4. Titania - Mother figure to the Greil Mercenaries and a great unit in both games she appeared in, what's not to love?

5. Jill - Arguably the best unit in PoR, and on top of that a great unit in Radiant Dawn. I loved her character development in her supports in PoR, and her conversation with Shiharam was beautifully done.

Top 5 males:

1. Ike - I love Ike's story, going from a boy who could barely wield a training sword to the leader of an army. I also loved his PoR attack animation, casually walking up to an enemy and slashing them with one hand. It also helps that after obtaining Ragnell, he was one of the best units in both Tellius games.

2. Haar - *yawn* I don't think this one needs an explanation if you've played Radiant Dawn.

3. Shinon - Best Archer in the series, hands down.

4. Soren - A great twist at the end of the series when we find out who Soren's true parents are and how he received his brand. He's my personal favorite sarcastic, dry witted, asocial mage in the series. I do wonder how Soren would have reacted and if he would have still abandoned Daein had he known he was the rightful king, but I do believe he would have.

5. Tanith - The reinforcement skill can come as a godsend at certain times in Path of Radiance. Tanith also showed off a sort of dry sense of humor in PoR supports with Marcia. All this combined with being the first playable male pegasus knight and breaking previously existing gender barriers in fire emblem, it's clear to see how Tanith made the top 5.

Sorry but Tanith is a woman.

As to my list

Women

5) Elincia I like her story and she really tries to be the best ruler she can be for her people.

4) Ilyana I like her and I feel like she is a type one diabetic like me

3) Jill I love dracoknights and I love her design and colors

2) Titania I like how she is a mother figure to every one (and my mom's a red head and rides horses)

1)Nailah I love wolves and the moment I was able to use her she became one of my all time favorites

Men

5)Volug like I said I love wolves and any wolf laguz I like

4) Naesala I guess I have to have one "bad" good guy on my list

3)Ike I like him for being a good big brother and being a great unit

2)Shinon a great archer who is a good mentor even though he tries and hide the fact

1)Geoffrey I like that he lead the resistance in PoR and he did not shy away from his duty in RD

Ladies:

1. Titania

2. Lucia
3. Tanith

4. Elincia

5. Nailah

Dudes:

1. Soren

2. Tibarn

3. Reyson

4. Haar

5. Volug probably, I'm not too sure who exactly is #5 bc there's a bunch of dudes who can fit this position