Fire Emblem Forever (status: dead?)

Krad

Krad, I think you should change Fee's palette, since she's not wearing red on her sprite. It doesn't really make sense for her battle animation to be wearing it.

Technically, she is(albeit only a litte). I tried to use white, but it just makes her blend in with the pegasus. If you have any other suggestion for a colour, please say so.

Edited by Krad

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dd16aebfc19190374c51125a893deae3.png

Yay, Misha in my own hack XD

Since the second color of the palette for the dress colors is mostly on the skirt, you could try a gray or a light blue. The red on her is jewelry, and there's none on her actual in game sprite, so it doesn't make sense to use red on the palette.

Then again, there's no reason why in this hack she doesn't have to have red.

It never does good to make arguments where the biggest supporting evidence is a static, non-representative image. Fee could wear twelve different shades of color each week for all she cares.

@Celice =P

She could, but she doesn't.

@Krad Looks good, better than the red, at least. You COULD make the grays a little bit lighter, and I seriously mean an extremely little bit, but otherwise, awesome.

That sort of thinking would make Delmud completely wrong in Thracia 776 because he looks different than he did in FE4 :/ You can't say "she doesn't" because you haven't seen her in any other way. You're assuming she doesn't based on the few images you've been able to see of her.

The static images are meant to represent a sort of ideal, but it doesn't mean the character absolutely is however she's portrayed in that single way.

And I'm just pointing out that this's really not that great of a reason to justify aligning a character to a dead, permanent color :P

Krad said he was using FE4/5 portraits in this, which would mean that Fee is wearing white, and since characters battle palettes should be representative of their portrait at the current time, red doesn't fit.

I don't see why you had to argue this :/

You can't tell what clothes Fee is wearing from her portrait in FE4, and Fee doesn't have an image anywhere in FE5 (though Femina does) :o

There's no real reason that battle palettes should match portraits, especially when palette indexes sometimes make that hard to follow (like with Troubadour battle animations and Troubadour characters). You may feel they should--and that's no better, or worse, than someone feeling they don't have to. You can call it arguing if you want.

http://www.serenesforest.net/media/tcg/1/fe059.jpg

http://www.serenesforest.net/media/tcg/2/fe2-036.jpg

http://www.serenesforest.net/media/tcg/3/fe3-030.jpg

These are all her official arts, and none of them are red in anyway. The only red is some of the jewelry, and none of that excuses making the entire thing red.

You can obviously tell she's wearing white or green.

fee.gif

So, even though you can plainly see that her armor is white, there's no way to tell it's white? Yeeaaaahhhh... Might wanna get your eyes checked.

There's no real reason that battle palettes should match portraits, especially when palette indexes sometimes make that hard to follow (like with Troubadour battle animations and Troubadour characters).

So, let's give Eliwood's battle palette green hair, and yellow clothing. Yep. It doesn't have to match, so that makes perfect sense.

:/

You're pretty bad at this whole arguing thing, Celice.

Uh, Krad? That's not Fee. That mug is Femina's FE5 mug :U

And as a level 4 peg knight, she's ridiculously broken XD

I know. I'll edit an earring for her at some time.

I knew someone was going to say this. She is not. 2HKo'd by everything in this map except Myrmidons (which she can't double) and Cavs. And 19 attack is quite horrible, 4HKOing every generic that isn't a Myrm.

Oh, I see. Every enemy is broken XD

You could raise her level, then. If her growths are good enough, she's gonna max a buncha stuff :U

And, you'll need to edit in a headband to make it Fee. Since her original mug has one.

2qu1c15.png

Tried for a while to get the earrings right, but after repeated failure, I just gave her some much simpler earrings. By the way, don't complain about her stats being still too high. If I nerfed her anymore, she would be unusable (and that's something I'll only allow Hannibal to be).

Also, her growths aren't really ridiculous. Aside from HP and SPD, all of her growths are under 50%.

So, after a lot of work today, Chapter 3 is almost done. The only things I'm missing are the House conversations (Villages have already been added), and the map changes.

And here is a screen of Celice versus Dannan, the ghost of Christmas Present.

2yzj192.png

Oh yeah, also f u Levin and your tl;dr speechs.

Edited by Krad

I hope youll get Leaf and Celice new overworld sprites soon. Leaf and Celice having the same one is a little weird. Fin! :newyears:

What are you talking about? Leaf's sprite is obviously Roy.

*looks closer* Oh, whoops.

But still, it should get a new one IMO.

*looks closer* Oh, whoops.

But still, it should get a new one IMO.

I'll probably change it once I'm able to/get someone to sprite a map sprite for Leaf. But for now, he'll have to be Roy.