Project dondon

dondon151

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Random mug shading complaints :P:

I'd like to know why Oswin lost so much defense, especially when compared to Hector. . .and why Astor's almost universally better than Matthew (*snips* aside).

I can tell you from experience that Matthew is a whole lot better than Astor in this hack. That 1 Str makes a looot of difference.

Just one thing, if they have 0% growths then what's the point of their levels?

to provide a relative depiction of their seniority and experience

i will probably remove EXP gain in a future patch because it's pointless and it just takes extra time for the EXP bar to show up and levels to go up and stuff

I can tell you from experience that Matthew is a whole lot better than Astor in this hack. That 1 Str makes a looot of difference.

Tried it, and found that it didn't make a difference for me.

matthew gets a lot better later on when you get a silver sword and when there are more enemies that have 17-18 AS. astor is a utility thief whereas matthew can fight better, and to a lot of players they'll be mostly interchangeable, but there are quite a few things that one can do but the other can't. balance at its finest.

Astor's durability lead basically amounts to shit because both are 2HKO'd by everything anyway (Astor has like a 3HP and 2 Def/Res lead, so the attacker needs to have... I think 15-18 magical attack or 21-24 physical for it to matter, and most enemies have more than that)

to provide a relative depiction of their seniority and experience

i will probably remove EXP gain in a future patch because it's pointless and it just takes extra time for the EXP bar to show up and levels to go up and stuff

Ah, that makes sense then.

Might as well remove things like the Weapon Triangle and give everyone 100% hit, if we're eliminating any variables that could make gameplay deviate.

90 disp is about 99 true, so that is really about as high as it needs to be. Fire Emblem is still a game that has elements of luck, and the complete removal of those elements is not necessary. I still want the player to take into considerations and risks when making these sorts of decisions.

You can make whatever slippery slope argument you want, but I stand by my decisions. I am very familiar with the sorts of things that players would do for LTC strategies, and have only prevented the possibility of the most serious kinds of abuse.

ok thanks 8[

More chapter 1 stat sheets:

statspart2.png

(Complain more...)

I love how Lucius has 17 AS...but less Mag than Serra? Should be the other way around. Except that Lucius beats Serra in both of those things, so lol.

I love how Lucius has 17 AS...but less Mag than Serra? Should be the other way around. Except that Lucius beats Serra in both of those things, so lol.

most things are not based off FE7 projections because no way am i going to constrain myself that way

I had to make Serra and Lucius different and each good at their own stuff so there you go. Serra also has a higher staff rank than Lucius (only matters for Fortify and Warp, though, and there probably won't be Warp).