League of ASDF

Chocolate Kitty

If you check back at the response to my monster feedback post, apparently we're supposed to get a venin sword during chapter 2. I'm assuming it's buried in the desert somewhere, because I never saw it - and I only picked up a vulnerary from those sands. Granted, I didn't actually go searching...

Like you, I only got a vulnerary. I still think that for that conversation to work we have to really get a venin weapon because if we miss it in chapter 2 the conversation won't make sense.

Renee needs more Res, or another point or two of health when she joins. Because otherwise, unless you've managed to lure and kill off a certain Bolt equipped Mage, she's not even going to survive Ch. 6 without being held way back from any combat.

Fly with magnolia near him as soon as you can and kill him. If your magnolia has low res just use her prf weapon that gives +2 in res and def. At least, that's what I did and I had no problems in that chapter.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As my Mag entered that chapter at level 6, I didn't actually promote her until nearly the end anyway. So, my options would have been to lure him to a space that could be hit by a range two weapon, then off him with, say, Rileh. As I left that a little too late, the nuisance holed up behind the chokepoint above the shop, and left me dodging electricity while tried to pick Katarena up.

Oh well, next time I'll know what to do...

BTW I missed the sahara blade, can someone give me a hint? And that village where the guy says he's busy so I should go back there later looks suspicious, it has something to do with the blade right? But I tryed to enter the village with some of the characters after defeating every enemy in the map except the boss and hecontinued saying the same.

BTW I missed the sahara blade, can someone give me a hint? And that village where the guy says he's busy so I should go back there later looks suspicious, it has something to do with the blade right? But I tryed to enter the village with some of the characters after defeating every enemy in the map except the boss and hecontinued saying the same.

Remember Kale saying he had a friend in town?

Edited by Revan

Poor Renee can't seem to catch a break.

Also, now that I did Chapter 6 correctly, I must say thy I've really enjoyed the hack so far. I mean, you made desert chapters fun.

In a Fire Emblem game.

That's quite the accomplishment.

And I'm always free to beta test stuff. I seem to have a knack for finding the strangest bugs in ROM hacks.

Thanks, haha. I personally have always hated desert chapters, so I wanted to see if I could make them tolerable.

Renee needs more Res, or another point or two of health when she joins. Because otherwise, unless you've managed to lure and kill off a certain Bolt equipped Mage, she's not even going to survive Ch. 6 without being held way back from any combat.

And, Kitty of Time, I'd suggest asking anyone who's shown interest (NICKT, Shugey, Warg and me, at least going on who actually posts in this thread) to beta, at least until more people start popping up and you can pick and choose. We'll all be playing in slightly different ways, we'll all spot different issues.

...Out of curiosity, what does ASDF stand for? (As I go to rename the patched ROM/attached .sav's 'League of Champions')

She's been given +2 HP and +1 Res

I think I'll probably end up doing that.

ASDF is the mashing of the keyboard, it's called League of Champions, the ASDF is just my reaction to restarting. XD

Like you, I only got a vulnerary. I still think that for that conversation to work we have to really get a venin weapon because if we miss it in chapter 2 the conversation won't make sense.

Well, it's not only to tell you to use your venin weapon against him, but to warn you when you face venin weapons with him. It has 2 purposes!

Although I find it funny so many people missed it, it's right next to kale's loading spot... o 3o

I'll end up posting the location for every secret item at some point, just not this early(maybe after the second beta that goes past chapter 9)

As my Mag entered that chapter at level 6, I didn't actually promote her until nearly the end anyway. So, my options would have been to lure him to a space that could be hit by a range two weapon, then off him with, say, Rileh. As I left that a little too late, the nuisance holed up behind the chokepoint above the shop, and left me dodging electricity while tried to pick Katarena up.

Oh well, next time I'll know what to do...

In actuality, recruiting Renee isn't necessary, you can actually just skip her and you'll still receive her in a later chapter.

I played chapter 2 again to read the conversation one more time and I think the problem is the way it's worded. Instead of Kale saying "leave it to me I know his weakness, a few strikes with a tainted weapon and he will back down" because that way it seems like he really has a venin weapon (wich he may have but it is possible he doesn't), something like " If you wanna face Om'bel you better have a venin weapon" would fit better IMO because that way it makes sense if the player has the weapon and it keeps making sense if the player missed it on chapter 2. Just my opinion though

In actuality, recruiting Renee isn't necessary, you can actually just skip her and you'll still receive her in a later chapter.

Ah, but who will actually miss out on easily available characters/items? Well, I suppose on later playthroughs they might, just to see what happens...

Although, the issue was never recruiting her, it was more keeping her alive in the face of an enemy who could all but guaranteed electrocute her in one round. But those stat increases should be just enough to solve that problem.

Ah, but who will actually miss out on easily available characters/items? Well, I suppose on later playthroughs they might, just to see what happens...

Although, the issue was never recruiting her, it was more keeping her alive in the face of an enemy who could all but guaranteed electrocute her in one round. But those stat increases should be just enough to solve that problem.

Well, she does get autoleveled, as well as being automatically deployed in the other chapter she joins, meaning you'd get 1 extra character to use for that chapter. But, you wouldn't know that, so why am I bothering to mention it. XD

I played chapter 2 again to read the conversation one more time and I think the problem is the way it's worded. Instead of Kale saying "leave it to me I know his weakness, a few strikes with a tainted weapon and he will back down" because that way it seems like he really has a venin weapon (wich he may have but it is possible he doesn't), something like " If you wanna face Om'bel you better have a venin weapon" would fit better IMO because that way it makes sense if the player has the weapon and it keeps making sense if the player missed it on chapter 2. Just my opinion though

I'll mess around with the wording then, thanks.

Well, I played the whole patch and I have to say, I'm impressed!

The setting and the story are intriguing, I like 'em a lot. Gameplay-wise, I appreciated the many in-battle dialogues between characters; also when the dialogues changed in houses according to the character that activated the event, that was awesome, ahah. As you noticed, I pretty much appreciated the dialogues, meaning that the characters are fresh, everybody has his own personality and not the same, boring, stereotyped one.

As for the difficulty, I found it quite challenging sometimes(chapter 5 or 6 for example required some extra attention), I think it's ok the way it is. I mean, I personally find normal to have some chapters that are more difficult than others. If there are not huge difficulty gaps between one chapter and another, it's okay in my book.

Anyway, here are some random screens with even more random comments~

League_of_Legends1.png

Mmmh.... I'm pretty sure someone already pointed this out.

It happened to me too, it's something related to "loading an unit in an event that occurs after someone dies".

The unit who's loaded sometimes teleports in the place where the killed enemy was. Weird. Especially because it doesn't always happen.

If you find a way to fix this, please tell me~

League_of_Legends2.png

Always wondered what's the difference between a 22 Mt weapon or a 17 Mt weapon with a +5 str bonus. Str bonuses seems stupid to me, or maybe I'm just forgetting something...

(like the Balberith tome in RD... a tome that gives +3 in str... holy crap I never understood that)

League_of_Legends3.png

I'm not a native speaker so I'm not sure, but shouldn't this be "You are able to best even ME"?

But, I repeat, I'm not sure.

League_of_Legends4.png

... Here I'm pretty sure his name is Izanagi, though.

League_of_Legends6.png

She's a woman...?

I swear, I didn't realize it till I read her description. ç_ç

League_of_Legends7.png

Holy crap man, HOLY CRAP.

I have a Prodigy class in my hack too and she's a blind mage as well, ahahah!!

Talking about the coincidence!

Mine is not a trainee, though.

(btw, I love this guy. He's epic.)

League_of_Legends9.png

The jokes about him being blind always make me crack up.

League_of_Legends10.png

... entraceS?

League_of_Legends13.png

League_of_Legends14.png

Lol.

League_of_Legends15.png

She says mean time two or three times, but I'm quite sure it's one word? "Meantime"?

League_of_Legends16.png

"and up"? But if she can't get over level 10! XD

Oook, and my final comment about this hack is...

League_of_Legends17.png

Just kidding.

Great job overall, I'm looking forward to the next release!

randomly skimming the topic

shouldn't this be "You are able to best even ME

I think what the screen has is a way of speaking so though it might be grammatically incorrect it might be acceptable because people sometimes have ways of speaking that are like that and not everyone has perfect grammar :P

I'm afraid I only read that and like 2 other things so I have little else to say though I guess the hack looks pretty cool

'Me' is being used to denote an object, and so would be a correct way of saying the sentence, because it is an object (him) that is being acted upon. 'I' wouldn't be correct, as far as English is concerned.

The author can write whatever pleases their ear, however.

Well, I played the whole patch and I have to say, I'm impressed!

The setting and the story are intriguing, I like 'em a lot. Gameplay-wise, I appreciated the many in-battle dialogues between characters; also when the dialogues changed in houses according to the character that activated the event, that was awesome, ahah. As you noticed, I pretty much appreciated the dialogues, meaning that the characters are fresh, everybody has his own personality and not the same, boring, stereotyped one.

Woo! o 3o

As for the difficulty, I found it quite challenging sometimes(chapter 5 or 6 for example required some extra attention), I think it's ok the way it is. I mean, I personally find normal to have some chapters that are more difficult than others. If there are not huge difficulty gaps between one chapter and another, it's okay in my book.

Anyway, here are some random screens with even more random comments~

League_of_Legends1.png

Mmmh.... I'm pretty sure someone already pointed this out.

It happened to me too, it's something related to "loading an unit in an event that occurs after someone dies".

The unit who's loaded sometimes teleports in the place where the killed enemy was. Weird. Especially because it doesn't always happen.

If you find a way to fix this, please tell me~

Blarg I have no idea, I've been trying to the entire day with no avail @~@

It only seems to happen if you kill the second fighter on the enemy phase though. I guess for a lame fix, attack him on player phase?(Main reason why I never noticed it was because I did that every run-though lol)

League_of_Legends2.png

Always wondered what's the difference between a 22 Mt weapon or a 17 Mt weapon with a +5 str bonus. Str bonuses seems stupid to me, or maybe I'm just forgetting something...

(like the Balberith tome in RD... a tome that gives +3 in str... holy crap I never understood that)

Remember, in FE9 and FE10, AS had nothing to do with Con, but with Strength. So, having a tome with +3 strength was essentially the same as having it give +3 con.

Although that description is incorrect(I should fix that), strength is relevant in the AS formula in LoC as well. It's not the same as FE9/10 though.

League_of_Legends3.png

I'm not a native speaker so I'm not sure, but shouldn't this be "You are able to best even ME"?

But, I repeat, I'm not sure.

Yeah, you and Celice are right, it should be "me". It should have been obvious to me earlier, I must have skipped over it. ^^;

League_of_Legends4.png

... Here I'm pretty sure his name is Izanagi, though.

*fixed already

League_of_Legends6.png

She's a woman...?

I swear, I didn't realize it till I read her description. ç_ç

bahahaha

League_of_Legends7.png

Holy crap man, HOLY CRAP.

I have a Prodigy class in my hack too and she's a blind mage as well, ahahah!!

Talking about the coincidence!

Mine is not a trainee, though.

(btw, I love this guy. He's epic.)

Trust me, your mage girl would get sick of Quinn in a heartbeat, he's a huge asshole 90% of the time(as you probably noticed).

League_of_Legends9.png

The jokes about him being blind always make me crack up.

Not to mention Kale's an asshole too. :>

League_of_Legends10.png

... entraceS?

Not sure I understand what you mean there.

League_of_Legends13.png

League_of_Legends14.png

Lol.

And Olson was no more.

League_of_Legends15.png

She says mean time two or three times, but I'm quite sure it's one word? "Meantime"?

*fixed

League_of_Legends16.png

"and up"? But if she can't get over level 10! XD

Idk, all the other promotion items say "Level 10 and up", so I went along with the group... peer pressure :<

Oook, and my final comment about this hack is...

League_of_Legends17.png

Just kidding.

Great job overall, I'm looking forward to the next release!

Replies in bold. o 3o

Thanks for the comments!

A) Blarg I have no idea, I've been trying to the entire day with no avail @~@

It only seems to happen if you kill the second fighter on the enemy phase though. I guess for a lame fix, attack him on player phase?(Main reason why I never noticed it was because I did that every run-though lol)

LOL maybe also have Kalath say "I'm sorry, but I have the feeling that I shouldn't kill that folk during the enemy phase"... ahah that'd be lame indeed.

Jokes apart, I think the only possible solution is to transform that AFEV event into a TURN event. I noticed that by the end of the second enemy phase you should have cleared those two warriors for sure, no matter where you place Kalath. They can't kill you and Kalath has 100% hit rate... so the only possible way to prevent the event from working would be discarding her weapon and making her unable to counterattack (but again, since that would make the chapter unbeatable, you could trigger a game over event if the two folks are still alive at the beginning of player phase 3).
Just a few ideas~

B) Remember, in FE9 and FE10, AS had nothing to do with Con, but with Strength. So, having a tome with +3 strength was essentially the same as having it give +3 con.

Although that description is incorrect(I should fix that), strength is relevant in the AS formula in LoC as well. It's not the same as FE9/10 though.

Ooooh, I get that now! Thanks for clarifying!

You applied Nintenlord's AS patch, I suppose?

C) Trust me, your mage girl would get sick of Quinn in a heartbeat, he's a huge asshole 90% of the time(as you probably noticed).

Lol, that's what makes him epic, ahah.

D)

... entraceS?

Not sure I understand what you mean there.

My bad, I misunderstood the whole sentence. I read that as "I have to show you || all the entrances" (as Cam stated, there was a missing s) but it should be read as "I have to show you all || the secret entrance". Makes sense given what happens later. There's only one secret entrance.

^^

• 2 weeks later...

Not to mention we seem to have a Sword Knight now. Good, that will hopefully fix up the 'General in disguise' visual bug that so, uh, bugged me.

(EDIT) Oh, and much to your probable disgust, I've managed to track down one of the older versions of LoC (main character = Lee, Kale's the boss of Ch. 2, highly annoying lv. 15 cavaliers/'squires' spawning from behind for the first three chapters. No sign of Kalath yet though.). It's actually quite enjoyable. So, expect me to start trying to find these 'references' pretty soon!

(EDIT 2) ...And that's League of Champs finished up to the debug. Yes, I enjoyed it. Now it's time to start the great reference hunt! (No Kalath. So she was in the still earlier versions that have been scrubbed from the web?)

...What was that frosty music used for the Player Phase of Ch. 8? (Hopefully you'll use it again if this League of Champions ever visits snowy areas. I also wouldn't mind seeing Seign, Tara, Jared or/and Icamania pop up in some capacity later; I particularly liked those four.)

Right, no more sidetracking the thread from me! (Unless it's to display 'references'. You might regret suggesting this!)

Edited by Wayward Winds

• 3 weeks later...

(EDIT) Oh, and much to your probable disgust, I've managed to track down one of the older versions of LoC (main character = Lee, Kale's the boss of Ch. 2, highly annoying lv. 15 cavaliers/'squires' spawning from behind for the first three chapters. No sign of Kalath yet though.). It's actually quite enjoyable. So, expect me to start trying to find these 'references' pretty soon!

hahahahahah I can't believe you'd actually go back and look for them XD

but yes, good find @Kale

those cavaliers are the devil, I know lol

(EDIT 2) ...And that's League of Champs finished up to the debug. Yes, I enjoyed it. Now it's time to start the great reference hunt! (No Kalath. So she was in the still earlier versions that have been scrubbed from the web?)

...What was that frosty music used for the Player Phase of Ch. 8? (Hopefully you'll use it again if this League of Champions ever visits snowy areas. I also wouldn't mind seeing Seign, Tara, Jared or/and Icamania pop up in some capacity later; I particularly liked those four.)

That was uh... Some music from somewhere... Hmm... Crap I can't remember where it's from augh

I want to say it's from Tales of Phantasia because I know I was on a tales kick back then...

Yep it is, Fenrir's Cavern

Seign, Tara, Jared, and Icamania are all still around as well.

Sorry I forgot to respond, I must have missed the edits.

Oh, and Kalath herself is not a reference to any existing LoC, her portrait was just based on a League of Legends character(I guess that's a reference).

Also, I've been working from a fresh rom time(which means you won't be able to keep your previous saves even though... I tried my best not to, I swear!), so have this in the mean time.

Teaser.png

Mug in progress.