Gilliam's promotion.

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which promotion is better for him?

For what it's worth, General does have better stats, with +1HP/SKL/SPD and +2RES, as well as a nice +40 lance rank that will accelerate him towards being able to wield Seth's Silver Lance, and if anyone is dying for more speed, it's Gilliam. But overall, I prefer the movement.

While I may have used General myself in my FE8 playthrough, what I can tell you is that in almost any given situation, higher movement is better than any stat bonuses General has over GK(like +1HP/+1Skl/+1Spd/+2Res. Not too significant). Oh, and GK starts with D axes while Gens have to climb out of E rank(it only really matters for effective weapons and using Killers earlier, since steel axes are E rank and I had little problem getting Gil's axe rank up thanks to them.) Swords are worthless either way as both classes start with E rank and the lowest grade sword that gives 2 Wexp(iron blades)are D rank. And if it means anything, Gen!Gil can only be carried by unpromoted Franz and Ford. GK!Gil can be carried by every 8 move unit except Kyle, WL!Cornmug, Syrene, and WK!Tana/Vanessa.

Oh, and by the way, Big Shield is nearly pointless when Gilliam is basically invincible after promotion anyway. It helps against things like druids(Luna ignores res)and gorgons(Hurts like fuck unless your like Artur with pure water attached), but the activation rate is terrible and you are better off outranging them.

Edited by darkandroid125

General Gilliam gets +3 Spd.

Dandroid was exactly right. Great Knight gets +2 SPD, General gets +3 SPD. Therefore, the difference is +1 SPD.

what the fuck is this integrity arguing for dandroid

EDIT: ANOULEEEEEEEEEEEEEETH

Edited by Integrity