How do I make my profile pic a gif?

デッド

I don't know the file size, although here's the gif of it.

http://pa1.narvii.com/5733/dbade021e9c5432842e051cabf3e196473dcd19e_hq.gif

Yeah, that's too big, it's 800 KB

I modified the size of the gif, try this version

Okay it should work now:

http://i.imgur.com/JcnhRNL.gif

Edited by CooledEvergreen

iirc it should also be 150x150 or smaller

or maybe im just making things up idk

It auto-scales to 150x150, so it doesn't matter too much. Although lowering the resolution would make the file size smaller.

Still didn't work.

Are you trying to change your avatar via link or are you uploading it from your computer? I can't seem to change my avatar using the former, so I'm forced to save it onto my computer and change it that why. Try doing that if you haven't tried it.

It auto-scales to 150x150, so it doesn't matter too much. Although lowering the resolution would make the file size smaller.

Are you trying to change your avatar via link or are you uploading it from your computer? I can't seem to change my avatar using the former, so I'm forced to save it onto my computer and change it that why. Try doing that if you haven't tried it.

Yeah, it's the same for me, I forgot to mention that part >_>

iirc it should also be 150x150 or smaller

or maybe im just making things up idk

that's what we thought at first, but...

I've definitely used gif avatars that were the slightest bit over 300kb that still worked

meanwhile, there are people who got gifs to work when they were over 150x150px, I think...

So there must be some size qualification, but it apparently has nothing to do with the forum rules

Edited by Freohr Datia

that's what we thought at first, but...

I've definitely used gif avatars that were the slightest bit over 300kb that still worked

meanwhile, there are people who got gifs to work when they were over 150x150px, I think...

So there must be some size qualification, but it apparently has nothing to do with the forum rules

From my own experience, the highest dimension possible for a gif (or any image really, if you want the best fit) was 200x200px