How to obtain a Bolting

Knife

Getting a Bolting spell in RD is VERY difficult. This is probably to avoid people breezing through the Dragon chapter. To do this, you need:

-Raise Heather's strength up to 20. This is the hardest part, considering she has crap strength growth. This is because Bolting's weight is 19, and Heather needs to have one more strength than the Bolting's weight.

-Steal a Celerity from Tormod and give it to Ilyana before Part 1 is done.

-Transfer a Energy Drop with Ilyana for Heather if BEXP abusing takes to long (optional)

-Raise Haar a little, since you need him. Equip Celerity on him.

On the Part 3-2 (the chapter where the boss is a Wyvern Rider), there should be a Thunder Sage on the northeast side of the map. Bring Haar into his range (adjacent to him or two spaces away), since he doesn't move. After doing so, he'll simply attack Haar with Elthunder and make sure he has a Vulnerary or a Concoction to patch himself up. Clear the path to the Thunder Sage of all enemies and bring Heather next to the Thunder Sage to swipe his Bolting. Congrats you got a Bolting, one of the hardest weapons to obtain in this game. For the record, I accomplished all this on Normal mode. On Easy mode, it should be even easier.

Huge note: Be sure to unequip Haar.

Edited by Knife

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After some checking I believe there is also a Bolting In Part 4 Endgame 1. It should one of the enemy sages on the right side of the map.

I don't think it would be too hard to get especially if you hit him with Silence first.

Nope, this is it.

Edit: Wait, there's one on part 3 Engame, but that is even harder to steal.

I thought there where only two mages with long-range tomes and that those tomes were Meteor and Blizzard.

Yes, well I saw it on Normal. A Thunder Sage with Bolting in the middle part of Part 3 Engame. There is also another Bolting on Part 4 Engame 1. That makes a total of three Boltings. I believe Flarp is correct though, that Bolting would be even easier to steal since you have access to Silence from that point. Really, all you'd have to do is Silence the Sage and steal it with Sothe. Sothe also makes it a lot easier since he already has a base Strength cap of 20.

Yes, well I saw it on Normal. A Thunder Sage with Bolting in the middle part of Part 3 Engame. There is also another Bolting on Part 4 Engame 1. That makes a total of three Boltings. I believe Flarp is correct though, that Bolting would be even easier to steal since you have access to Silence from that point. Really, all you'd have to do is Silence the Sage and steal it with Sothe. Sothe also makes it a lot easier since he already has a base Strength cap of 20.

Oh, I see. I was talking about Easy Mode, and in that case there are three Thunder Sages who each have one Elthunder.

Damn, that's useful... But raising Heather's something I'm not looking forward to, especially since I never use Rogues for combat purposes. Except Sothe, because you need to or else he will be crap come endgame...

Heh, wish I knew about this on my first runthrough. Only time I raised Heather, and she was my first 3rd tier unit in the game, and one of my best units come endgame.

Damn, that's useful... But raising Heather's something I'm not looking forward to, especially since I never use Rogues for combat purposes. Except Sothe, because you need to or else he will be crap come endgame...

But Heather is a great unit, and it's not boring at all to raise her. When I once did it, I never really thought I was gonna bring her to the endgame, but I did. And at level 20 she had better Avoid than Tibarn (while transformed!). She also got herself a 4th place in the unit record. (Really unexpected.)

But Heather is a great unit, and it's not boring at all to raise her. When I once did it, I never really thought I was gonna bring her to the endgame, but I did. And at level 20 she had better Avoid than Tibarn (while transformed!). She also got herself a 4th place in the unit record. (Really unexpected.)

I never said it will be boring, I meant I will just not enjoy it in general, because I'm not overly fussed on the Rogue class. I got a whole mound of other favourite unit types I know I'd rather use than a Whisper at endgame. Plus bear in mind I'm on my first playthrough, still. If she is a good, reliable unit as you and Dark Sage say, then I may use her, but I still won't see the point as I believe one Rogue/Whisper in the group is enough.

Edit: Apologies if this came across as overly critical, it's unintentional.

Edited by Raven

I never said it will be boring, I meant I will just not enjoy it in general, because I'm not overly fussed on the Rogue class. I got a whole mound of other favourite unit types I know I'd rather use than a Whisper at endgame. Plus bear in mind I'm on my first playthrough, still. If she is a good, reliable unit as you and Dark Sage say, then I may use her, but I still won't see the point as I believe one Rogue/Whisper in the group is enough.

Edit: Apologies if this came across as overly critical, it's unintentional.

I guess I misunderstood you. I'm sorry. In fact, in my last playthrough, I brought all three thives (I'm counting Volke) to the endgame. I didn't actually mean to, it was unintentionally, I realised it later. But it worked out fine.

Sothe is going to suck in the endgame anyway.

I guess I misunderstood you. I'm sorry. In fact, in my last playthrough, I brought all three thives (I'm counting Volke) to the endgame. I didn't actually mean to, it was unintentionally, I realised it later. But it worked out fine.

I see, and it's not a problem. Using three Whispers at endgame? I doubt many do that.

Sothe is going to suck in the endgame anyway.

Heh, raising him would just make him suck less than not raising him.

I see, and it's not a problem. Using three Whispers at endgame? I doubt many do that.

Yeah... But I had to bring Sothe. And I had an A-level support between Heather and Shinon, and since I've never used Heather before I wanted to try. Volke is just cool. And since you get him so late in this game, I at least wanted to use him a little. But he wasn't very good for me - Heather was far better.