Which pairings should I use?

So my first runthrough I think most of my pairings ended up a little suboptimal. I didn't look at any guides, and knew nothing about the game, so when it came time to pair I put people together without knowing much about what I was doing. I didn't realize that classes passed down, etc.

My pairs:
1st gen
Chrom-> Sumia
Gaius->Tharja
Gregor->Miriel
Ricken->Lissa
Cordelia->Stahl
Kellam->Panne
Donnel->Sully
Vaike->Nowi
Frederick->Cherche
Libra->Olivia

Not Used:
Anna
Lon'qu
Henry
Virion

2nd Gen:

Laurent->Noire

Owain->Severa

Yarne->Kjelle

Gerome->Nah

Inigo->Lucina

Brady->Cynthia

Not Paired, but still used: Morgan (she runs around with her dad, which means no S support)

For my next runthrough, I'm wanting a manakete morgan, for two galeforce manaketes, but I'm not sure how to pair up the rest of them so I would get some good pairs out of it, and which asset and flaw to use for the aforementioned pairing. I'm also uncertain of how experience works with class changes. Is the increased experience based on how many times you class change, or based on how many levels in various classes you have? I don't currently have any of the DLC but I do plan to get them at some point.

Thank you for your time.

lol your first pairings were almost optimal. Gregor x Miriel, Donnel x Sully, Gaius x Tharja, Stahl x Cordelia, Ricken x Lissa, Libra x Olivia, are all great, arguably the best pairings for each of them.

The only thing I'd change would be the avatar marrying Nowi so you have as many galeforce users as possible. I'd also marry Maribelle to Lon'qu, since you're not using him anyway, and he makes a fine Brady (well, everyone does, since brady doesn't really need anything).

Edited by Valesca Popozuda

Chrom x Sumia/Maribelle/Olivia

Lissa x Ricken/Libra

Sully x Donnel

Miriel x Stahl/Lon'qu/Gregor

Sumia x Chrom/Henry

Maribelle x Chrom/Virion/Lon'qu/Ricken/Libra/Henry

Panne x Frederick/Virion/Stahl

Cordelia x Virion/Stahl//Vaike/Lon'qu/Ricken

Nowi x Virion/Stahl/Vaike/Gregor/Henry

Tharja x Gaius

Olivia x Chrom/Frederick/Stahl/Ricken/Libra

Cherche x Virion/Stahl/Vaike/Gregor/Henry

There's the standard pairing list. Just use Avatar x Nowi as a base and pick-and-choose from there.

lol your first pairings were almost optimal. Gregor x Miriel, Donnel x Sully, Gaius x Tharja, Stahl x Cordelia, Ricken x Lissa, Libra x Olivia, are all great, arguably the best pairings for each of them.

The only thing I'd change would be the avatar marrying Nowi so you have as many galeforce users as possible. I'd also marry Maribelle to Lon'qu, since you're not using him anyway, and he makes a fine Brady (well, everyone does, since brady doesn't really need anything).

I guess i felt they were suboptimal because some characters so far outshine others that it's ridiculous. For example half the time I feel like Kjelle/Yarne don't need to be on the field because noire/laurent and owaine/severa handle it all (and my owaine doesn't even have galeforce, since i didn't know how ability passdowns worked. Lucina also didn't have galeforce)

Just sayin', but having a fully optimized team still results in units with vastly different levels of power- the likes of Lucina, Cynthia, Severa and the Galeboys are just naturally a tier higher than the hard supports. Of course, it's also pretty hard to have a team that large without showing favoritism to at least one unit.

Of course, it's also pretty hard to have a team that large without showing favoritism to at least one unit.

Severa

But yeah your pairings were pretty good, the only bad part about it was that you didnt pass down Galeforce. Go with the pairings Czar mentioned and you will be fine.