Lunatic Beat in 165 Turns! (Prologue + Main Story)

If You're Curious About How Any Chapter Strat Works (Or Doubt a Turn Count), I'll Post It In Detail!

After 4 months of trying, I finally beat my Lunatic LTC run! I managed to do it in 165 turns, and I don't think I could do it any faster under the given rules; I shaved at least 1 turn per rescue or again use until the last 2 uses, which combined to shave 1 turn in C23. I could have spent a rescue use to 5 turn C13 (I think), but then the C23 strat would take 3 turns, so there wasn't a turn to save there. If there's somewhere else I could save another turn with a rescue use, then I could've done the run in 164 turns, but I never saw one. sad.gif

I finished the game with basically no money and a nearly empty convoy -- it was seriously close. wink.gif

Rules:

- In prologue, no crits allowed on character enemies (Luke, Jaigan, Athena, etc.). With their luck, you hit 1% crit range, and it's just too much RNG, especially since you usually level up RIGHT after and have to force growths dramatically in order for things to work. I will post the turn count I WOULD have gotten had this rule not existed later on.

- Crits on 0 LUK enemies are allowed always.

- NO Rainbow Potion.

- Originally there was going to be no Lunatic statboosters, but it's nearly impossible to make things work past C20 without them. So, basically, no use of Lunatic statboosters until C20.

- As stated in the sub-title, ALL allies must be recruited. P.S. Michealis was a BITCH to recruit since I didn't train Minerva and had to get her to the village by turn 4. It literally took me 2 weeks to beat C21 because of this guy.

- Oh yeah, random clock was allowed, but it never gave me anything of huge value. Wasn't a game-breaker as far as I recall. Arran got a ton of +MAG boosts, at least, I guess. Best things I got were a couple of glass bows, a defense staff, and a quick lance.

- Rampant RNG abuse allowed, simply because it's literally necessary with H3 enemies. I advertise this as a LTC run, not an efficiency run, for a reason. This doesn't mean that I used RNG abuse to trivialize the challenge or breezed through this at all. Oftentimes, it was a huge challenge getting strats to realistic chances of success and took many attempts at rearranging unit movements, the order that they moved in, etc.; it wasn't uncommon to have to re-do a chapter at turn 4 or 5 because I realized I moved one unit one space too little or too far on turn 1.

[spoiler=Actual Turn Counts:]P-1: 4/4

P-2: 4/8

P-3: 3/11

P-4: 3/14

P-5: 2/16

P-6: 2/18

P-7: 3/21

P-8: 7/28

1: 6/34

2: 7/41

3: 17/58

3x: 6/64

4: 5/69

5: 8/77

6: 6/83

6x: 1/84

7: 4/88

8: 3/91

9: 5/96

10: 2/98

10x: 1/99

11: 5/104

12: 5/109

13: 6/115

13x: 2/117

14: 5/122

15: 5/127

16: 2/129

16x: 2/131

17: 4/135

18: 2/137

19: 7/144

20: 5/149

20x: 3/152

21: 5/157

22: 4/161

23: 2/163

F: 2/165

[spoiler=Estimated Turn Counts If I Forced Jaigan, Luke, & Rody Crits:]P-1: 2/2

P-2: 3/5

P-3: 3/8

P-4: 3/11

P-5: 2/13

P-6: 2/15

P-7: 3/18

P-8: 7/25

1: 6/31

2: 7/38

3: 17/55

3x: 6/61

4: 5/66

5: 8/74

6: 6/80

6x: 1/81

7: 4/85

8: 3/88

9: 5/93

10: 2/95

10x: 1/96

11: 5/101

12: 5/106

13: 6/112

13x: 2/114

14: 5/119

15: 5/124

16: 2/126

16x: 2/128

17: 4/132

18: 2/134

19: 7/141

20: 5/146

20x: 3/149

21: 5/154

22: 4/158

23: 2/160

F: 2/162

[spoiler=Proof:]TurnCounts1.png

TurnCounts2.png

TurnCounts3.png

TurnCounts4.png

TurnCounts5.png

TurnCounts6.png

AllALunatic.png

[spoiler=Final Team Used:]

[spoiler=Marth:]FinalTeam.png

[spoiler=MU:]FinalTeam2.png

[spoiler=Feena:]FinalTeam3.png

[spoiler=Palla:]FinalTeam4.png

[spoiler=Malicia:]FinalTeam5.png

[spoiler=Ryan:]FinalTeam6.png

[spoiler=Sirius:]FinalTeam7.png

[spoiler=Linde:]FinalTeam8.png

[spoiler=Luke:]FinalTeam9.png

[spoiler=Merric:]FinalTeam10.png

He was essentially base + 1 level up until Final, where I fed him 3 Angelic Robes, 3 Dracoshields, and a Talisman (all from C21) in addition to 4 Speedwings (from C11 and Lunatic Statboosters) so he could be in 3HKO territory for Final. 2 turn requires him to be in attack range of the dragons so he can reach Elice as a Paladin. So he cost me...27,500G to prepare before I count the 10,000G in arena training I had to do before Final (he needs capped SPD as a paladin to avoid being doubled by fire dragons). Now you might see WHY I was so broke at the end of the game. laugh.gif

[spoiler=Catria:]FinalTeam11-1.png

[spoiler=Xane:]FinalTeam12-1.png

[spoiler=Rescue & Again Uses:]C4: 1xRescue (Standard)

C5: 1xRescue (Saves 2 turns)

C6: 1xRescue (Standard)

C6x: 1xRescue (Standard)

C7: 1xRescue (Using Navarre's KE means I only need to rescue Marth)

C8: 1xRescue (Fuck you, Bantu)

C9: 2xRescue (Each saves 1 turn; SDS's strat)

C10: None

C10x: None

C11: 2xRescue (1x Marth, 1x Feena to save a turn)

C12: 1xRescue (Feena to save a turn)

C13: 1xRescue (Recruiting Beck; could've shaved a turn with a second rescue, but invalidates 2 turn C23 strat, which needs last 2 rescue charges)

C13x: None

C14: 1xRescue (Recruiting Tiki)

C15: 1xRescue, 1xAgain (both shave 1 turn each)

C16: None

C16x: None

C17: 1xRescue, 1xAgain (Rescue for Tomas, Again for Sheema recruitment and cap on same turn)

C18: 1xRescue (Marth gets Lifesphere on turn 1, nosferatank rescues him near throne on turn 2)

C19: 1xRescue, 1xAgain (Rescue for Roshea village, Again shaves a turn and prevents like 9 units from spawning as Marth nears throne)

C20: 1xRescue (Midia recruitment)

C20x: None

C21: 1xRescue, 1xAgain (each shave 1 turn)

C22: 1xAgain (Trivializes boss room, shaves 1 turn)

C23: 2xRescue, 1xAgain (Saves 2 turns total; only chapter where I don't save at least 1 turn per Rescue/Again use)

F: None

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

Do you mean four months or something? FE12 hasn't even been out for two years.

Impressive, regardless.

Oh yeah, I mean four months. I started it about a week or two after I joined SF in November.

Were those screenshots are part from the fan translation?

Yeah; I used the fan translation (no changes to mechanics, just the English menus for practicality). It was whatever edition was out on November.

Wow, that's really impressive. It must've been insanely frustrating having to restart a lot though. Though that's the kind of patience that separates the regulars from the elite FE players.

What was your final team's stats and levels? I'm kind of curious as to whether or not you used a typical FE12 Lunatic team or threw in some wild cards in there.

Wow, that's really impressive. It must've been insanely frustrating having to restart a lot though. Though that's the kind of patience that separates the regulars from the elite FE players.

What was your final team's stats and levels? I'm kind of curious as to whether or not you used a typical FE12 Lunatic team or threw in some wild cards in there.

Posted my final team in the Original Post. Enjoy. :D

EDIT: Does anybody know what aspects of play the rankings in FE12 actually MEASURE? I'm guessing turns, survival, and maybe recruitment? I'm sure it isn't funds...lol.

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

Ah, a pretty typical Lunatic Mode Team. Except for the cavalier Merric. That must've been absolute torture getting him up to speed at base that far in the game.

EDIT: Does anybody know what aspects of play the rankings in FE12 actually MEASURE? I'm guessing turns, survival, and maybe recruitment? I'm sure it isn't funds...lol.

Survival and recruitment are a combined rank, I know that much. I'm really sure one of them is turncount and I think the last one is combat?

itt people cannot read between the lines

but all i see in between the lines are spaces, i dunt understand.

also great job KoT, couldn't have done better myself.

Edited by Refa

Can you send me the rescue, hammerne, warp and again uses. I am pretty sure you can save five turns with some better planning, i know because i am doing a draft where i planned just as much as you do. Although i do not have to recruit everyone.

Can you send me the rescue, hammerne, warp and again uses. I am pretty sure you can save five turns with some better planning, i know because i am doing a draft where i planned just as much as you do. Although i do not have to recruit everyone.

Posted them in the OP, Vicious.

I derped. And i just realized that warp is unavailable in H 3 so my strats all fly out of the window. I was going to say, ditch two rescue uses that both save one turn, and use them as a rescue chain on something like chapter 20, which is then a one turn. Which save overall more turns. But since there is no warp, that doesnt work ofc. Sorry bout that.

my lord, I seem to make enemies easily

I don't really intend on playing FE12 at anything faster than a casual run until I get a computer that doesn't suck, and I really don't like it a whole lot in the first place, so probably not :P

Nice job btw :P

- Crits on 0 LUK enemies are allowed always.

wat.

- Rampant RNG abuse allowed, simply because it's literally necessary with H3 enemies.

no it isn't actually. You just need to settle taking 3-4 turns instead of 2.

"Oh noes, I didn't 2 turn the map because i didn't abuse the rng so much its at a women's shelter. I'm going to disembowel myself with my DS stylus now."