Will we be able to choose My Unit's class?

VincentASM

52 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we will able to choose My Unit's class?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure
  2. 2. Would you like to choose My Unit's class?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not bothered

This might be me being oversensitive and there isn't really a lot of information to read from, but I don't see any mention of being able to choose a class for My Unit and I'm starting to wonder if they axed this option. Of course, given you could in FE12 and the nature of a customisable FE unit, you'd think choosing a class would be a given.

However, in the latest scan, it shows 4 categories for My Unit's creation. It's hard to make out the text due to the scan being unclear, but the categories appear to be Gender, Appearance, Profile and ???. In FE12, Class is chosen between Gender and Appearance and it seems odd that it's not there--where it would make the most sense. Although it's possible that it's an option under Profile or the last mystery category.

Additionally, I've looked through a lot of images and footage and I keep seeing this curious Mage character who's either ash-haired (Jase) or dark-haired (Reflet) and they're always around, but never both at the same time. If you consider My Unit and Jase sport the exact same clothes and face, but have slightly different eyes and hair, it's obvious that Jase is My Unit.

img004.pngmyunit002.jpg

Left: Jase, Right: My Unit

Reflet has the same map sprite/battle model, but with darker hair and apparently has a A support with Krom, which suggests they may be an alternative My Unit.

img010.pngND017.png

Left: Jase, Right: Reflet

So, assuming My Unit has a fixed class, it looks like he/she may be a Mage of some sort. I'm hoping I'm wrong though : P

Edited by VincentASM

They don't have the exact same face, just almost identical ones :P

Anyway, I'd be fine if the class is fixed if it's a unique class and plays a role in the story, but if it's some generic class I'd be :(:

That said, I do hope they make class chooseable, but have it be unique variations on the generic classes, like Lyn was for myrm.

apparently has a A support with Krom, which suggests they may be an alternative My Unit.

Like Micaiah and Sothe?

I hope to be able to choose My Unit class, I mean, I think that's what "My Unit" means, making your own character not only in hair/eyes/type etc., but also in personality and class...

I believe that class selection wasn't on the same screen as anything else in FE12, so it's entirely possible you've already chosen the class by the time you get to that screen, or you choose it after that screen. Although, if My Unit is a mage I wouldn't be too pissed off, because mages are awesome.

We should keep in mind that a lot of these early screens may not even wind up in the game; remember Micaiah fighting Caineghis?

Remember how those scans were from months and months, a year before the game was released?

Remember how this game needs to be completely finished by the end of march to get every produced and shipped for it's April release?

You're not considering the difference of time involved.

Edited by Celice

We should keep in mind that a lot of these early screens may not even wind up in the game; remember Micaiah fighting Caineghis?

Even though it's impossible to have Micaiah fight Caineghis, the HP bars/stat box/Micaiah and Caineghis' models were exactly what they were when the game was released so I don't know what your point is.

Umm.... that's Krom on the left...

I assume he means the character in the image that was meant to be on the left, but they were shifted to different rows, so it turned out as the top image. It's clear that the actual character he's referring to is the one Krom is talking to.

I think it's cool that he's a mage fighter. I wonder if they'll give the player the choice to focus on his physical combat (making him stronger and more durable) or his magical combat.

Yeah, that would be interesting. It notes that class specifically as where he starts, and notably excludes any explanations about where he goes from there.

Well, I don't care that he's a magefighter (I'll have Mu focus on magic...imagine how weird that battle model would look physical fighting o_0) but I do hope they do like in New Mystery. You get to choose their "destiny" (past, present and future). I know they won't let us choose personality (probably) since they already have speech bubbles as we've seen in some scans.

Time to recreate Celica :p

That's what I was thinking. I mean, two lords- one with just a sword (which is a Falchion, no less) and the other with swords and magic as well as overworld map... I forget, has anything been said about monsters in this game yet?

Monsters is a maybe (I'm leaning no. I've heard no news about it), but I'm pretty sure there's skirmishes. At least I want there to be skirmishes so badly that I'm convinced there are.

We've seen corpse soldiers and unarmed Giants with inhuman proportions. I think its safe to say monsters are in.

We've seen corpse soldiers and unarmed Giants with inhuman proportions. I think its safe to say monsters are in.

Plus, really, how else are you going to have continuous, infinite sieges able to be engaged on the map? A country runs out of soldiers at some point--while evil magicks conjure up reanimated dead.

Holy shit. IS should so have decided to reanimate enemies you kill, and they just keep coming after you, so you end up fighting dude you killed somewhere again in a whole other location. Especially one annoying boss, a token dude to kill over and over again. And then at the end of the game just ends up joining your team. :D Or the otherway around, Krom and co. actually make a decent dent in a force, only to have them revive and rearms themselves as if nothing were amiss.

Edited by Celice