Do you take down Ike in Part III; Chapter 13

Do you guys usually go fight and take down Ike in Part III; Chapter 13? I think the only times I didn't take down Ike were when I played Normal and Hard modes. Otherwise on Easy I was take him down with Edward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkbuHDghPcU

It's usually easier to use a Brave Sword but I gave that to Zihark this time around.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. I generally find surviving enough to worry about as is - taking on someone who most of my units can't do that much damage to even without Ragnell equipped is, to put it bluntly, suicide.

Like Levant said, that action on any normal playthrough except possibly easy is tatamount to suicide since the Dawn Brigade is a bit lacking for exp and laguz just keep spawning en masse at you.

my cousin managed to kill ike on the last turn, exact numbers too, very close.

Your profile pic in conjunction with your comment makes me think it was the character saying it. Seems like you worded it as he would have.

It's almost impossible to beat a normal leveled Ike with only tier two units due to his defense boost of Ragnell.

Although I guess you could "cheat" a bit by equipping Ike a worse weapon at the end of 3-11 and attack him in 3-13 before he starts to move and changes to Ragnell.

Third tier Jill with pass, parity, brave or forged axe is the easiest way for me.

Micaiah's purge and Volug with high speed (high enough to double Ike) and at least S strike also can do lots of damage to him.

Edit: Iirc Ike doesn't count as boss so you won't get +20 boss experience.

It's satisfying to kill him but it doesn't bring you too much. He gives as much experience as a transformed Laguz.

Edited by Ayama Wirdo

Aside from the 50/25 Hp/Def, Ike's 84 avoid doesn't really help, and Ashera help you if you made him support Soren... Speaking of, the bond support means depending on who's attacking, you just might auto-lose then and there...

Aside from the 50/25 Hp/Def, Ike's 84 avoid doesn't really help, and Ashera help you if you made him support Soren... Speaking of, the bond support means depending on who's attacking, you just might auto-lose then and there...

Parity solves this problem.

I was able to beat Ike in normal during my first playtrough: even if I did it thanks to Edward using Astra, thus relying on pure luck, It was really satisfying.

However, from my second playtrough, I stopped to kill him because I begun to spread the experience on more members of the dawn brogade, who were all on the second tier at that moment, where in my first pIaytrough I gave the experience only to Edward.

Parity solves this problem.

That's just one issue, though - I still think it's just asking for death to go after him. Also, Micaiah's stuck behind the green line, so Purge won't help. And Ike has 26 speed, too.

No, I never do! Because I don't want to attack my favorite hero. :(

But also because that is just the much harder way to do it anyway. I mean, the DB are weak compared to Ike and his mercenaries and you're against a bunch of laguz as well...

Edited by Anacybele

I would, but I agree with Levant. It's just too much effort. I once got him on the last turn, but in general that was just me hating on the character and less trying to get the battle done early.

Purge should be to kill off Hawks.

Not defeating Ike is prolonging suffering and pain, since you have to handle a bunch of hawks, tigers and cats. Daein soldiers won't stand that much and you take a huge risk of GMs wrecking you by turns 10 to 12.

That said, I always beat this map by defeating Ike. Not that it's hard when you use Dawn Brigaders accordingly. On Normal Mode I've beaten him even witht he likes of 3rd Tier Fiona, Mega and Laura. And in HM I only beat him with Impale Aran.

Your profile pic in conjunction with your comment makes me think it was the character saying it. Seems like you worded it as he would have.

i wasn't even going for that but i am happy this is the case.

anyways what really helps is laura's sleep staff, takes his avoid right down to zero and with ike's bad resistance it'll hit.

Not defeating Ike is prolonging suffering and pain, since you have to handle a bunch of hawks, tigers and cats. Daein soldiers won't stand that much and you take a huge risk of GMs wrecking you by turns 10 to 12.

From where I'm standing, holding out sounds infinitely better than an option that's tantamount to suicide unless you're playing on easy mode..

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Every time I played that Chapter I've always managed to defeat Ike. I usually give him and equip another weapon in 3-11 to avoid Ragnell. Admitedly, due to the way I play RD, I tend to have very few actual units to use in 3-13 that could actually survive being on the battlefield. Still, I can manage. Same applies for the Mercs during their chapters though, so when they show up they're more or less easy to take down being pretty much at base.

That said, I usually take down Ike with Edward, as by the time I reach 3-13 he is already a Trueblade, and so I can rely on Astra and doubling to finish off Ike. Also, if Ike moves straight north on the last turn, he can actually end up on the range of Micaiah's Purge if she's on the same column as far south she can go. I actually save the last use of Purge prescicely to weaken or even beat Ike with it (I've done the latter at least once).

Edited by Acacia Sgt

From where I'm standing, holding out sounds infinitely better than an option that's tantamount to suicide unless you're playing on easy mode..

Not really, if you're playing on standard NM and have trained at much 3 DBers you'll have no issues on throwing your units right there in the middle and eat laguz.

Cats will tink most 3rd tier units, while the only threat are tigers whose attacks can be dodged. I can bring up examples for each DBer for instance. For simplicity's sake, let's consider Iron or Slim Sword Ike and no Soren support.

Trueblade Edward will have capped sm stats plus trueblade bonus. He can tank hits with more than 20 something defense and go straight to Ike, take advantage of Wrath and crtkill him, or just proc Astra and say goodbye.

Leo is surprisingly one of the most easy unit to use her and beat the chapter. Give him beastfoe and he'll wreck every beast with Crossbow. Go to Ike and Deadeye with that juicy 3 ranged bows.

Nolan tanks like a boss with Tarvos and can Colossus Ike anyway.

Laura, the best here. If you want to ltc just make her a saint and 2 lv ups on magic or spirit dust, give her adept and Purge Ike for a 1 turn clear. But if you want to take your time just Ellight or Shine him with either Corona or Adept.

Aran, a reliable tank that can either crt or Impale him.

Meg, tank and Luna.

Jill can Brave him or Stun him.

Zihark is like Edward 2.0, give him Vantage and he'll destroy stuff.

Volug stomps him.

Tauroneo, Aran 2.0

Fiona has to ride all over the field but still can defeat him with Killer Bow or some Sol proc.

Ike isn't much of a threat with 30 or 32 attck, depending on whether you double him or not, things will be easier. But any mastery or crt kills him.

Well, Quint, you have to consider that there are also players like me who have Ike bias and use him to death so he's at max level and equipped with Ragnell and stuff. :P

Not really, if you're playing on standard NM and have trained at much 3 DBers you'll have no issues on throwing your units right there in the middle and eat laguz.

Cats will tink most 3rd tier units, while the only threat are tigers whose attacks can be dodged. I can bring up examples for each DBer for instance. For simplicity's sake, let's consider Iron or Slim Sword Ike and no Soren support.

Trueblade Edward will have capped sm stats plus trueblade bonus. He can tank hits with more than 20 something defense and go straight to Ike, take advantage of Wrath and crtkill him, or just proc Astra and say goodbye.

Leo is surprisingly one of the most easy unit to use her and beat the chapter. Give him beastfoe and he'll wreck every beast with Crossbow. Go to Ike and Deadeye with that juicy 3 ranged bows.

Nolan tanks like a boss with Tarvos and can Colossus Ike anyway.

Laura, the best here. If you want to ltc just make her a saint and 2 lv ups on magic or spirit dust, give her adept and Purge Ike for a 1 turn clear. But if you want to take your time just Ellight or Shine him with either Corona or Adept.

Aran, a reliable tank that can either crt or Impale him.

Meg, tank and Luna.

Jill can Brave him or Stun him.

Zihark is like Edward 2.0, give him Vantage and he'll destroy stuff.

Volug stomps him.

Tauroneo, Aran 2.0

Fiona has to ride all over the field but still can defeat him with Killer Bow or some Sol proc.

Ike isn't much of a threat with 30 or 32 attck, depending on whether you double him or not, things will be easier. But any mastery or crt kills him.

Yeah, because everyone is willing to low-man, never mind the fact that it only makes the game a borefest :rolleyes:

But in all seriousness, we're relying on stuff that's by no means reliable (critical hits and masteries) - that ain't a good sign.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Yeah, because everyone is willing to low-man, never mind the fact that it only makes the game a borefest :rolleyes:

But in all seriousness, we're relying on stuff that's by no means reliable (critical hits and masteries) - that ain't a good sign.

Well you can keep attacking him for 3 or 4 phases and he'll be down. Not that he's godly as a hero.

Except Laura.

She doesn't have to rely on either critical hits or masteries, she can easily slay him.