How far are you guys?

I was wondering how far everyone is in the game so far? Last night I beat Chapter 4 and then I stopped playing for the night. The puzzles can be pretty frustrating, that's what really takes the chapters long. These are the levels of my characters so far:

Itsuki: 42

Tsubasa: 40

Touma: 40

Kiria: 41

I didn't include the other characters because I haven't even used them yet tbh. I'd put other information about weapons and what not but I don't want to spoil anything for anyone. So how far are you guys and what levels are your characters?

Edited by SSbardock84

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished Chapter 2.

Speaking of which, anyone else had trouble with the boss?

I think it's the first time the game shows you how terrifying enemy sessions are...

I did, but only in Lunatic. In my case, it turns out the reason I kept getting beaten was because I forgot to go to the jewelry shop to upgrade my rings. It makes a huge difference.

​

Edited by nocturnal YL

I've been busy and have only beat Chapter 1.

The chapters are a lot longer than I expected and apparently, I suck at the game since I already got a game over. lol

It was from those dark, stronger enemies. So, yeah. Save often!

Just started Chapter 1. This game is very anime, and Barry is about what you would expect from what is presumably an anime American.

I haven't even done any of the sidequests yet lol. I'll probably do them after Chapter 5 or something. This game sure does get a lot harder, it's the enemy sessions that always get me.

It's kind of a good idea to do so. You gain exp each time you beat them so it makes the game less grindy.

It's kind of a good idea to do so. You gain exp each time you beat them so it makes the game less grindy.

Also, Sidequests don't scale in Level, so they're designed to be done as soon as you get them. If you save the early ones for the lategame, you'll be beating Lv.2 enemies with Lv.40+ units, so that's kind of a drag.

I'm at Post Ch.2 intermission and catching up on sidequests. I'm absolutely loving the game, and probably enjoying it more than any FE title.

Still frustrately waiting for my copy because the postal service screwed up...

This, my game was shipped last Thursday but according to the tracking number it has not even been processed yet. I am pretty mad that the post office has yet to do anything with it and they have had it for 5 days, if I didn't know any better I would say they are playing it before they deliver it.

I've just started chapter 3, I knew the game would be fun but I didn't expect it to be this charming and enjoyable. So glad I have more free time to play this game, it's probably my favourite game released this year.

I just finished the Boss in Chapter 3 (bloody reinforcements...) and the gameplay is highly addicting. There's something really satisfying about pulling up combo sessions aaaaaaaaa

I also really love the ad-lib performances since they can save your hide quite a bit.

I haven't had the time to sink my teeth into it as I would have liked, but I'm just before the Aversa battle. The game is fantastic, and I think alongside of Splatoon it's one of the crown jewels of the Wii U.

I'm at Chapter 4. not entirely sure how far into said chapter I am though. my party is around level 37-40...

I think I'm very underleveled (even tho I've only run from Savage encounters thus far... grrr)

I'm still on chapter 2! Tiki keeps calling me and telling me there's new weapons so I always have to go back and make them! Half the time I'm not even done with the weapons I've got... XD

Finally got to play the game, played 5h, finished Chapter 1, died twice (Savage mirages both times, playing on Normal mode, difficulty seems right, I'll probably try Hard on ng+) but I knew what I was facing, so didn't lose any progress both times. The second type of Savage Mirages Encounter was especially brutal since they are quick and got to play before I could really setup (I only could Rakukaja with Itsuki before I got Session'd to death, if any of my character got hit, the following Session was sure to finish them).

Also a few impressions/nitpicks :

- There is a tiny loading time whenever I open the menu, it's very short but more annoying than I would have thought. (physical copy).

- Having to push A multiple times to get to the next dialogue box doesn't feel "right", and trying to use X made me skip some dialogue by accident, so not using that anymore.

- Had to get out of dungeon more often than I expected, mostly to create new carnages, sometimes to replenish EP, but it isn't too bad since they spaced the warp portals very well I think. And Traport helps greatly.

- Not really an issue with the game, but it seems like my RNG curse followed me in this game, first lvl up with Itsuki was +2 Res and I didn't get many great lvl ups (Tsubasa did get a few, but that's it).

The rest is absolutely great and has already been covered pretty much everywhere else, so I don't think I need to expand on that (the characters are all very likeable, combat is awesome, presentation is great, etc...).

- Having to push A multiple times to get to the next dialogue box doesn't feel "right", and trying to use X made me skip some dialogue by accident, so not using that anymore.

have you tried changing the textbox dialogue to instance and see if it fixes that issue for you?

have you tried changing the textbox dialogue to instance and see if it fixes that issue for you?

I did put the text speed to Instant, but you have to wait until the character finishes speaking his lines before the A button "prompt" (not sure if it's the right word) appears, that's why I have to push it twice per text box, first to force the "prompt" to appear, and and a second time to actually get to the next text box. But I'll recheck the options, and I think I've also seen someone mentions pushing the B button, didn't try that, so I'll see next time I play the game.

Ultimately, this is just a small inconvenience, just like the small loading time when opening the menu (awesome menu screen by the way), the rest is really great, so even if I don't find any solutions, I don't mind too much.

Playing at a friend's house because no Wii US. Hard mode.

Just started the C2 dungeon. When's Elly. Kinda been stomping these savage enemies. Session system is very rewarding if you figure it out.

My growths have been crazy good. Touma is a monster. I knew something was up when he joined with like 20 base str at level 4 lmao. Tsubasa also has been pretty strong but she won't be a permanent team member tbh. Kiria's damage output is insane at the moment. But where's Elly.

I'm not using Tsubasa much.

I mean, Tsubasa's is not a bad party member, but this game has little need of healer. Besides, Itsuki can work as healer too, since he can learn Dia.

Say, mind if I ask a question?

I just finished Chapter 3 and got Mamori.

Is she a good party member?

I mean, Tsubasa's is not a bad party member, but this game has little need of healer. Besides, Itsuki can work as healer too, since he can learn Dia.

Tsubasa gets Media, though, which means for a little more SP (which she has an abundance of) she can heal the entire party. Not to mention that her stats are geared towards being a healer, while Itsuki is more balanced. (And honestly, I envy you if the bosses have been so easy for you that you don't need a healer.)

Anyway, I just beat chapter 2 and am doing sidequests in the intermission. I like the game so far, and technically and aesthetically it's fantastic for the most part. The character's battle outfits look great, the combat system is fun and the sessions and Ad-Libbed Performances add a layer of depth to the battle system that a lot of RPGs don't have, the visual design is bright and gorgeous, and the graphics are beautiful. My only major letdowns are that the plot and characters are by-the-numbers anime tropes played straight and that Itsuki and Tsubasa are both kinda boring as protagonists, Itsuki moreso because of his complete lack of motivation and generic anime male protagonist personality, which makes it kind of hard to get invested in their character arcs.

Overall the game is good so far and I'm sad I almost didn't buy it because of how bitter I was over it not being a proper crossover.

Middle of Chapter 3 right now. So far, my favorite character is Kiria - both in the story and for blowing enemies up. Honorable mention to Touma.

Chapter 3 idolasphere has THE best music so far. And the only reason why I beat Chapter 2 was because I decided to do Kiria's side story before the boss, and she ad-libbed twice in a row.

Tsubasa gets Media, though, which means for a little more SP (which she has an abundance of) she can heal the entire party. Not to mention that her stats are geared towards being a healer, while Itsuki is more balanced. (And honestly, I envy you if the bosses have been so easy for you that you don't need a healer.)

The game is very generous with money and items, besides I abuse Sukunda.

Besides, battles in this game a very fast, and in the good way. Even boss battles are fast. Not because the enemies are weak, but the pace is very fast. So there's usually no time for healing.

But I just found out that you can make Kiria a healer if Tharja promotes into Sage and Mamori, the tank party member can learn Media.

Also, Kiria's Pastel Power is amazing agaisnt large group of enemies. And Tsubasa has some great healing skills as well.

And yeah, the game is amazing, and like I almost didn't buy it due to my preconceptions, and boy am I glad to be proven to be absolutely wrong.

Like I said before, I'm enjoying the Idol stuff more than I though I would.

Edited by Water Mage