Is the Avatar Plegian?

Slyfox

I was just wondering if the Avatar came from Plegia. There are some possible hints, but the game still doesn't touch the issue. It's not important, but it kind of bugs me.

Take the Grimleal, most of them are Plegian it seems, and the six-eyed mark appears in many places, including the Avatar's clothes (and hand, but the MU could have been born anywhere and have Grima's blood).

Also, I think Validar is Plegian, being a Grimleal, and his crown is in the same style as Aversa and Gangrel. His wife must have also been a Grimleal, since she was probably aware that her child was to become Grima.

I think that makes the most sense, seeing as they were trying to make the perfect vessel for Grima. No non-believer would have accepted such a sacrifice.

Now back to the Avatar's clothing. Even if the My Unit had no idea of his/her heritage, why would the MU still wear Grimleal clothing? i.e. it's mostly Plegians that wear such clothing.

What annoys me is that no character even talks about where the Avatar might hail from, nor do they seem to care.

Why do Chrom, Frederick and Lissa trust the Avatar so quickly (Frederick took a little bit longer, but still), when the Avatar is wearing what is most likely Plegian clothing and Ylisse is being raided periodically by Plegians?

It shouldn't be hard to piece it out, and yet the Avatar doesn't having any qualms about killing what could be his/her people.

All that said, without any further evidence (more like speculation actually), I think the Avatar/MU is probably Plegian. It would have been interesting if they added something in the game about that, created some conflict or whatever between the main characters.

Anyway, I'm kind of rambling here, but what are your thoughts?

Yeah, he's definitely Plegian, his father is and mother seems to have been and his mother fled Plegia with him. The most comment you get out of Chrom and co. on it though is upon telling him your name he asks "Is that foreign? Oh well we can talk about it later" and then never talks about it again.

So are Henry and Tharja.

Those two are far from being normal, both are crazy and Dark Mages... I think the personality goes along with the profession.

Indeed, both of them don't care who they're killing as long as they get to "fling fireballs at the enemy". Staying with the winning side guarantees more fighting and more magic-casting.

Yes, the avatar is most definitely Plegian, though it's never really touched upon.

More then that, the avatar, as the only child of Validar, is actually Plegian royalty. After all, Validar might have been particularly evil, but there was never any talk about his usurping the throne or otherwise coming into his position as King of Plegia in a underhanded manner.

And while sure, with Spotpass content you can recruit Gangrel, and sure in his A support with a male avatar he claims to be reforming, realistically nobody is ever going to let him take over the Plegian throne again (though admittedly I have not gotten around to seeing his ending).

Personally, I would have liked it if in the end the Avatar became the king/queen of Plegia. Would have been good for some peace and reconstruction. Ah well. Headcanon and suchlike.

I presume Plegia has some manner of elective monarchy, and Validar was actually "appointed" King of Plegia after Gangrel's fall. I don't think it was a succession issue, because it's never suggested that Gangrel and Validar are in any way related, Validar appears to be older besides, and Gangrel's backstory doesn't seem consistent with having always been royalty.

So it seems likely that, in the same manner Ferox chooses its Khan in a non-hereditary manner, Plegia probably elects its King. Only Ylisse seems to have hereditary monarchy by the eldest child, and that's tied to the Exalt's bloodline, something neither Ferox nor Plegia have.

I presume Plegia has some manner of elective monarchy, and Validar was actually "appointed" King of Plegia after Gangrel's fall. I don't think it was a succession issue, because it's never suggested that Gangrel and Validar are in any way related, Validar appears to be older besides, and Gangrel's backstory doesn't seem consistent with having always been royalty.

So it seems likely that, in the same manner Ferox chooses its Khan in a non-hereditary manner, Plegia probably elects its King. Only Ylisse seems to have hereditary monarchy by the eldest child, and that's tied to the Exalt's bloodline, something neither Ferox nor Plegia have.

And hence the in-game political variety they give you on your main continent

At least it's not like Valm where you fight to the death to gain control

Edited by USFEAEXPert

Do we hear anything about the avatar's mother?

We only know that Validar's wife was against all this Grima stuff and when she realized why Avatar was born, she stole him/her out of the crib and tried to escape with him/her to flee the fate of Avatar becoming Grima's vessel. Other than that, nah. It makes me wonder why Avatar's mum got with Validar to begin with...

Personally, I would have liked it if in the end the Avatar became the king/queen of Plegia. Would have been good for some peace and reconstruction. Ah well. Headcanon and suchlike.

*ahem*

Female Avatar

marry Gangrel

success!

then marry Morgan to Lucina for Ylisse too

*ahem*

Female Avatar

marry Gangrel

success!

then marry Morgan to Lucina for Ylisse too

That's exactly what I did.

Major royal family confusion, but it's worth it. So worth it.

I just regret Say'r or Yen'fey or Walhart couldn't marry into this family too. I want my family to rule the world!

...Dang, if I thought it out, I could have had connections in Rosanne, too...

Well just have to have them conquered. Again.

And on Valider being king, I have no idea. Honestly, he's like the only person less stable then Gangrel. Why they picked him is beyond me.

Edited by Valorous_Roland

That's exactly what I did.

Major royal family confusion, but it's worth it. So worth it.

I just regret Say'r or Yen'fey or Walhart couldn't marry into this family too. I want my family to rule the world!

...Dang, if I thought it out, I could have had connections in Rosanne, too...

Well just have to have them conquered. Again.

And on Valider being king, I have no idea. Honestly, he's like the only person less stable then Gangrel. Why they picked him is beyond me.

Mind Control

Paraplegic Plegian

.....it works

so what happens to the Grimleal after the ending anyway?

I think it would vary based on the ending...

-Sealed witnessing failure they would probably regroup and depending on the circumstances, likely seek revenge for the defeat of their god. Depending on how much influence the Grimeal truly have thiscould lead to a major war

-Grima's death... well they would probably be disillusioned... if similar to real world cults/religions they could either depending on level of organization/devotion of surviving members... disband, martyr, suicide, seek vengence, dive into dark rituals looking for a way to bring back the dead(like the ancient Aum staff)...