Return of the Emblem: Chat

CATS

Team Valcyn: I'm really not sure if this mission's even going to work as a stat battle, but either way, it's going to have to be adjusted based on how many people are actually available (luckily the plan makes this a lot easier to do). So it's time for a roll call. Note, please only say you're available if you're actually going to be. That is, you're able and willing to post when needed. If it feels like we have enough to do a stat battle, we will, otherwise, it'll just be handled in typical fluff fashion.

After the battle's finished, regardless of what form it takes, Team Valcyn's going to be TS'd to Weyland Enterprises for a debrief and anything else that needs handling (the HQ in the capital, not Weyland's Estate in Europa, mind you). After that, I'm going to be looking into some possible events to get the ball rolling again.

I'll be honest though and just give you guys a heads up on this. If I can't find some way to get activity levels back up to something reasonable, I'm going to have to disband Team Valcyn as a PC group, temporarily. That doesn't mean everyone in Team Valcyn would become NPCs, it just means they won't have anymore stat battles prepped for them for the foreseeable future. Imagine Thanatos' Disciples, just a lot more screen time and their own thread. They would only be able to get points/xp/gold from Team Sanctuary's battles until we have fewer inactives to carry around. We're not at that point just yet, but I'm letting everyone know about it ahead of time.

System Update: I haven't been actively working on this lately because I've got a lot of studying to do, which is why there hasn't been any news there. I'll go back to focusing more fully on it at some point in mid to late September. Just an estimate, though.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reign, Amalia, Erion, Uriel, Robin, Faatina, Arietta, Isabella, and Gar. 3-4 combat teams worth. That's just barely enough to go ahead and do this as a stat battle (a really tough one mind you lol) but I'll keep this roll call open long enough for more people to see it.

EDIT: Forgot Arietta, somehow.

Edited by Phoenix

Guess who got called in repeatedly?

I'm not sure where my PCs should be to begin with so I'll stay out of roll-call. Are we on another chat service or is IRC still being primarily used?

Reign, Amalia, Erion, Uriel, Robin, Faatina, Arietta, Isabella, Gar, Nika, and Lysandra. Up to a 4-ish teams (2 3-man and 2 2-man). At least I won't feel guilty about multiple bosses, at least not with the 2 main NPCs helpers.

I'm not sure where my PCs should be to begin with so I'll stay out of roll-call. Are we on another chat service or is IRC still being primarily used?

IRC's still the main, it's just fallen into disuse lol ... =_=

Edited by Phoenix

Reign, Amalia, Erion, Uriel, Robin, Faatina, Arietta, Isabella, Gar, Nika, Lysandra, Kenta, Axel, and Lane. Alright we're definitely looking good, now. Don't have to hold back too much~

Edited by Phoenix

Going to try to have the battle start by tomorrow but it's kinda iffy. Either way it's probably going to be a late night starter. Anyway, anyone who's forgotten about IRC may want to reacquaint yourselves before the battle. It's quicker for planning and Q&As, though plans are typically posted here for reference, as well.

Oh and just a quick note, this is going to be a normal stat battle (functionally not in the actual execution), so points gains and what have you.

Edited by Phoenix

Yeah.

Okay now a quick heads up regarding this battle. It's going to be a two phase operation (not literal faction phases). The first part is a surround and destroy phase. When the battle starts there'll be a list of enemies, all acting solo with no combat teams. PCs will be able to attack any target they want initially, but once they do, they are locked to that target until it's defeated. After PCs defeat a target, they can attack a new target. This will continue until all enemies in the first phase of the battle or 'wave 1' are defeated.

Healers can treat whoever they want initially, but are also stuck treating only that particular ally until the associated target is defeated. Then they can move on to a different ally if need be. It's the same for defenders. Combat teams won't be fully formed for the PCs until after wave 1, but healers and defenders, or basically anyone who won't be attacking, can go ahead and duct tape themselves to any dps units who need the extra support ahead of time. Any wave 1 enemies that haven't been engaged (not necessarily defeated) by a certain point will automatically escape the battle. Gameplay-wise that just means lost points, but plot-wise it's sloppy execution.

Phase two is more straight forward, and by this point PC combat teams will be fully formed. Just follow the plan and try not to die. More details will be available during the actual battle.