The Lunatic Club

Shinori

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm not an expert (far from it!), but I'll definitely second what C_Y said above. Playing through my run was far and above more useful for learning and planning than anything I've read. It's good to get advice and to bounce ideas around,but you'll really learn the most from the playing itself.

I've gone from normal/casual to normal/classic to hard/casual to hard/classic to currently working on lunatic/classic. I hope I can get through lunatic pretty quickly so I can get started on lunatic+. I decided to jump straight into lunatic/classic instead of lunatic/casual so I could hurry up and get to lunatic+/classic.

I started L+ again using somewhat different tactics. Still trying to do optimization after all. I was going to try training up Virion/Virion!Inigo this time instead of Miriel/Ricken!Laurent. Inigo gives me a second AT unit, and with either a Levin Sword or Bronze Bow forge maybe he can train a little in his Paralogue. Mostly he's just one of the few children whose usefullness isn't hampered by either the father or skills that need to be inherited. (I know Virion!Inigo is an odd postgame choice, but I don't actually need procs for how I'm using him.)

I still definitely want to get Sumia to Galeforce by Lucina's recruitment, and this was pretty easy last time. It might be a tiny bit harder here due to having to share exp with Virion and Olivia. Olivia has to have Galeforce before I can recruit Inigo. With so many characters to train already, should I even try to have Virion pass Bowfaire to Inigo?

Also, how many times should I put Olivia through Dancer? More would mean better stats, but less would mean faster Dark Flier levels...

Thanks!

A single playthrough worth of experience is more useful than a lifetime of advice regarding planning errors in this game. If you try it again, you'll get more out of your units and it'll be worth it in general.

I have half a playthrough's worth of experience. That's worth something, right? Haha... Edited by isetrh

I have half a playthrough's worth of experience. That's worth something, right? Haha...

It's worth half a playthrough. You'll have an easier time than you did last time up until the point you reset, and then it'll be right back to normal (you'll be better prepared, but still might not know what to do).

I'd only put Olivia through Dancer once. If you really want better stats on her, it's not too difficult to manipulate her level ups by breaking the last enemy's weapon on a fort, and using it to burn RNs every time Olivia is ready to level up (only on a digital copy, of course).

It's worth half a playthrough. You'll have an easier time than you did last time up until the point you reset, and then it'll be right back to normal (you'll be better prepared, but still might not know what to do).

Err, right. I guess that's common sense.

Manipulating level ups outside of the initial chapters feels like cheating to me. I'll just put her through DF once as you suggested, and not worry about manipulating her stats unless she gets screwed enough to warrant a reset.

This may or may not be the last time for a while I show up here or in the Pairing Thread to ask repetitive noob questions. Thanks for the help!

Only way you could possibly completely plan out something is through having all necessary information. Although, that is sort of hard to get I believe since all enemy data, spawn points, turns, and aggression AI has not all been compiled for ease of use by anyone.

lol I remember dondon saying he likes 0% growths for the very reason of those type of play-through being easier to plan for compared to a regular run.

Completed everything in my run, finally! From the first chapter in lunatic plus to the secret route in apotheosis... and it's been a very good run for me! Now I'm doing a no-grind lunatic run and... I just have to find out what to do next, I feel like keeping this lun+ file but I'd also love to start a new one, maybe with few restrictions.

Only way you could possibly completely plan out something is through having all necessary information. Although, that is sort of hard to get I believe since all enemy data, spawn points, turns, and aggression AI has not all been compiled for ease of use by anyone.

http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Awakening_Enemy_Data:_Apotheosis

It's there for all of Lunatic too. No maps or spawn points, but this is still enough to figure out things like ORKO thresholds that would be important for killing bosses and getting new units started with minimal difficulty.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to see if Lunatic is possible to beat by playing as if this were a "normal" FE game. So that means full deployment, no children except Lucina, and even-ish XP distribution. It's been going okay, but I know I'm going to have to hit 33 speed and close to 50 atk by ch17 to reliably KO. The problem is everyone is already at or close to lvl 20 after chapter 11, and their EXP gain will slow down considerably by killing unpromoted units for the next five chapters. I know someone did a no-second-seals run, but is it possible to do that with no children as well?

Major regrets:

-Using Tharja. She's not bad, but I've quickly realized you only have room for 1 tome user besides Avatar. Pair up bonuses are too crucial in Lunatic, and magic users don't give them or make good use of them.

-Using Cordelia as a combat unit. Reclassing would just turn her into a liability, and her average str/def levels are just not high enough to operate independently.

-Also I want to ditch Fred but his pair up and support bonuses are too good.

I finally got around to playing Severa's paralogue, and I just recruited her! So what class should I make her? I was thinking of making her final class a Dark Knight (and a Grandmaster before that so she can get Ignis) because then she can use swords, tomes and dark tomes. But what should she be before that? She already has Veteran, Armsthrist and Galeforce, so I can choose anything.

DK is an excellent final class for Lunatic, but you will want to watch out for Severa's very low Mag growth if using it on her.

Personally, I'd send her Merc -> Cav -> Paladin -> Hero -> DK. She unfortunately won't get a chance to build her Mag there, but Swords are cool and she'd rather have Sol than anything Valkyrie/Sgae have to offer.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to see if Lunatic is possible to beat by playing as if this were a "normal" FE game. So that means full deployment, no children except Lucina, and even-ish XP distribution. It's been going okay, but I know I'm going to have to hit 33 speed and close to 50 atk by ch17 to reliably KO. The problem is everyone is already at or close to lvl 20 after chapter 11, and their EXP gain will slow down considerably by killing unpromoted units for the next five chapters. I know someone did a no-second-seals run, but is it possible to do that with no children as well?

Alright, so are you thinking about doing this and asking for advice, or already did it and are telling about your experience? I can't tell.

You can get Ignis and later move to DK if you want. They have basically the same stats as GM except for +2 Mov and defensive oriented pairup boosts, both of which are very nice for Lunatic.

Your best bet for supports will be to stick with S supports for the 1st gen units and sibling As for 2nd gen. If Lucina could support with Morgan's sibling, then you'd want to do Morgan x Inigo and Lucina + Morgan's sibling, but unfortunately you're not using Sumia so that won't work.

Hello

(hope I'm at the right place^^)

I'm new to the FE-Series. Bought last christmas the 3DS/FEA-Bundle for me as a birthday present

to play in the train back nad forth to university

(good idea^^)

and I directly started on extrem(lunatic in germany) with permadeath

(not so sure if this was a good idea too...)

with a lot of trial and error, freddy emblem and some tips from the guides here (thanks :))

I somehow managed chapters 1-15

but thanks to that most of my units are realy low-level

and only freddy and his wife robin (that was a "strange" proposal) are my main force

chapter 16 naga's voice

was at first a desaster until I just tried to rush the enemy general

which worked somehow

chapter 17 inexorable death

was even with the boss rush method not to beat

after spending all my money for crafting

the freddy/robin(mu)-combo somehow managed to kill the boss

but it took 2 turns and it was pure luck / thanks to the stupid AI that no one died during this 2 turns (except the enemy of course^^)

chapter 18 sibling blades

after chapter 17 I needed a long brake and started other games...

thanks to this huge differences in the stats of your units and the enemy ones

I'm not sure if you *must* have luck or I still need more training/improvement...

tried to write everything in an excel2007table

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=DC11FE97B7E5716C%21948

just not sure if I can even manage the last misions with this team...

mfg

Olli

Basically, there are a lot of mistakes it's possible to make in Lunatic(+), especially earlygame, that can make lategame difficult to impossible, chief among them being using Fred. If you want to finish Lunatic, I'd strongly recommend restarting, and playing through Normal/Hard a few times to get a better feel for the game mechanics isn't a bad idea either.

If you do try to press on, it's going to be extremely random if not impossible. You may not even have the stats to kill the final boss at all, no matter how much the RNG likes you there.

great - more ore less what I already thought

already restartet once since some guys died in the first missions

if it wouldn't be so hard for me to abandon already started playthroughs / created characters

while I played some other games - at least I collected twice a day the "presents" in the barracks/camp

after a certain time you forget about this too

maybe after a certain time I try to continue (after I learned the controls again^^)

at least now I now that its not 100% my lack of skill/practice what went wrong

mfg

Olli

at least no dlc-grind was my original plan

but the "random encounter" are already much harder then the regular fights

even combining freddy/robin in a stronghold dont last longt

while I was buying the special dlcs like this hot spring stuff etc

I even bought the dlc which should be good for grinding

but not sure if it was the wrong one or if it really appeared as hard as this random encounters or even tougher...

but this only meant as a test run

I will keep the dlc away or start a parallel run on hard (after tales of hearts r and persona q and much RL-stuff <.<")

mfg

Olli

mfg

Olli

at least no dlc-grind was my original plan

but the "random encounter" are already much harder then the regular fights

even combining freddy/robin in a stronghold dont last longt

while I was buying the special dlcs like this hot spring stuff etc

I even bought the dlc which should be good for grinding

but not sure if it was the wrong one or if it really appeared as hard as this random encounters or even tougher...

but this only meant as a test run

I will keep the dlc away or start a parallel run on hard (after tales of hearts r and persona q and much RL-stuff <.<")

mfg

Olli

mfg

Olli

Either get the bonus teams from the Bonus Box (Dadgar from Thracia 776 is great for training up some sword units such as Chrom, Lon'qu and Gregor) or just restart your game. If you do restart, train Avatar a lot in the first couple chapters. After that, select a second unit (probably Sully or Miriel) to start training as well around Chapter 3. Then train Chrom to and marry him to Avatar. This will allow Veteran Lucina and Rightful King Morgan who can effectively break the game. With several first gen units and at least Lucina and Morgan from second gen, you shouldn't have too much trouble.

I wouldn't say "useless" because you can use event tiles for exp can't you, and sell the event items for healing staves.

plus chrom and lucina's falchion are unlimited.

Edited by Irysa