Fire Emblem NES Translation

Quirino

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 19 starts with a message containing the word "seperated". It should be spelled "separated". Also, the storage claims that if items are there you can retrieve them from "storages", which should not be plural. I don't recall if other maps had this problem as well.

The "Secret" item, when used, produces a message saying it increases resistance by 5. It actually increases skill by 5.

End of level: "I need to tell something important". I need to tell you something important. "Once he discovered that, he enraged." isn't proper grammar either. Try "got enraged".

Chapter 20: "I'm sur you know"->"I'm sure you know"

Chapter 24: "Thanks through Marth"->"Thanks to Marth"

I just finished the game, so here are the typos and mistakes in the ending:

"Marth, you're trying to trick the most important thing to you" is definitely not good English, but I'm not sure what it's trying to say. And I think "It is one of the legends of falchion" works better with a "the" in there (either that, or capitalize Falchion).

"4 Prarie Battle" should be "Prairie". "Sorrow land" should have "Land" capitalized. And the misspelling of "Heaven Knigts" makes me think of Monty Python.

"She's busy everyday" --> every day

"He tells he's happy" (not sure what it's trying to say)

"He Rebuilds the Orleans army" --> don't capitalize Rebuilds

"She returned to help who've lost their home" --> help those who've

"He became sailor once again" --> became a sailor

"He lives with his wife and plans on being father" --> being a father

Machis, Biraku, Kashim have garbage in their endings.

My apologies for the many mistakes that are still present. My test run was a bit rushed and I must've missed/overlooked all of this. Also, English not being my first language does make it a bit more difficult for me. But I should've never made mistakes like those, I apologize for that.

Anyway, thanks for mentioning it, those things will definitely be fixed in version 2.

I didn't know English wasn't your first language. Considering that, it's pretty good.

Also, as I mentioned before, the chapter title "Sire Minerva" sounds awkward. "Sire" has a sort of male connotation, and it isn't really used as a title preceding a name. Although "Princess" won't fit in the allotted space, I recommend changing it to something different. My initial suggestion was "Lady Minerva," but anyone can think of something better, by all means go with it.

EDIT: Oh, and the conversation in Chapter 3 at the Devil Axe village is a train wreck. I'll post it as soon as I find the text, and give my suggestions.

Edited by Gaggle of Geese

Lady would be my suggestion as well, though, seeing the context (the script) would be handy too (as I haven't played the translation yet).

Lord could technically be acceptable too in terms of a military-like ranking, as a sign of authoritative control. Dame as well, but that might be a little too much connotation again.

Got it. Lady Minerva it is. But the script definitely could use some revising, but as I'm probably going to insert the full script, translated by HHHIII, in version 2, problems with sentence structure or plain wrong sentences, which were a result of my unsufficient knowledge of the English language, should be pretty much solved.

Also, I think my English is a *little* better since I started the project two years ago. I will probably also be able to make the text a bit cleaner where there is insufficient space.

• 4 months later...

Got it. Lady Minerva it is. But the script definitely could use some revising, but as I'm probably going to insert the full script, translated by HHHIII, in version 2, problems with sentence structure or plain wrong sentences, which were a result of my unsufficient knowledge of the English language, should be pretty much solved.

Also, I think my English is a *little* better since I started the project two years ago. I will probably also be able to make the text a bit cleaner where there is insufficient space.

One more thing: although this probably won't happen this time around, make sure the item shop music plays correctly. Right now the music just stays the same (which isn't a catastrophe, but still).

• 1 year later...

Recently, I've found some time to work on the project. Most of the names, menus, items and weapons are translated, as well as the first four chapters. Everything's looking more polished, a lengthier script can be included and more fancy stuff which should improve gameplay a lot. So just keeping everyone updated. Due to college I won't have as much time to work on it as I had with the first translation, but I hope to find time every now and then.

Edited by WindMage25

• 3 weeks later...

Is the patch at the first post any different than the old one? Also when can we expect the complete patch?

Nope, there's one version that's currently been released and that's the one for download on the site and in the first post.

As for when to expect the new complete patch (the one in the first post is complete too mind you), it will be released when I'm done with it. I can't give any ETAs yet. I'm working on it, I haven't finished.

Edited by WindMage25

• 1 year later...