Fire Emblem 8: Troll Version

Mekkah

Double posting to announce v3 is up.

If something seems odd, keep playing. Chances are it's the game making fun of you, intentionally or not. There is a troll in Ch14 which you can sort of prepare against, but it's more fun if you don't. But really, it's up to you...you may feel licensed to countertroll when given the opportunity. I know Paperblade does.

Edited by Mekkah

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[spoiler=Chapter 11]Enemies that you can't get to without Franz/Artur/Tana/Cormag in a rout map is kind of dumb. I guess you can hit them with Dummy if you have sight...

[spoiler=Chapter 12]Attacking the demon king in Chapter 12 with a unit that doesn't have a battle animation (such as Franz) causes the game to freeze.

Cyclops are op, boss is too easily sniped with ballista/dummy harassment imo.

[spoiler=Chapter 13]Hey a boss gauntlet seems pretty cool, too bad I can't get that Gem from Selena, let's see what you did with Gerik and Te-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

[spoiler=Bug report]Monster units can't seem to promote. Master Seal might be able to.

Vanessa's promoted classes also have a 20 and 22 Defense cap for Hero and Ranger respectively, which should be fixed as gaining 9 Con and D Axes isn't worth making a majority of enemies OHKO her. Ranger is slightly more debatable but still pretty bad. Since Seth can't promote anyway there's no reason not to make the female Ranger have 30 Def >_>

Edited by Paperblade

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to play the hack, but after downloading it I have to open it with an application, not sure how to proceed. I use a mac too, if that makes things bad. Halp?

Download Stealth patch or Lunar IPS, then patch it with the instructions given

Download Stealth patch or Lunar IPS, then patch it with the instructions given

None of those will download for me, are there any other patches I can download?

I actually managed to download IPS patch, but it saved as a binary file, which effed things up.

Edited by Chococoke

Put the .ips file in the same folder as a clean FE8 ROM, give them the same name (so FE8 Troll.gba and FE8 Troll.ips), load the ROM in preferably VBA and it should work.

Edited by Mekkah

Put the .ips file in the same folder as a clean FE8 ROM, give them the same name (so FE8 Troll.gba and FE8 Troll.ips), load the ROM in preferably VBA and it should work.

I never knew you could do that :Knoll:

So whenever I start a new game, I get to where Seth and Valter are about to throw down in the prologue, and then nothing happens. Like, they just stand there and stare at each other and it doesn't go to the fight sequence. Not sure if I'm getting trolled or did something wrong.

So whenever I start a new game, I get to where Seth and Valter are about to throw down in the prologue, and then nothing happens. Like, they just stand there and stare at each other and it doesn't go to the fight sequence. Not sure if I'm getting trolled or did something wrong.

It works fine for me. Just press Start to skip that scene before the fighting begins.

It works fine for me. Just press Start to skip that scene before the fighting begins.

When I do that, the screen stays black when the scene is supposed to skip over to the next one. I'VE BEEN TROLLED SO HARD I CAN'T EVEN PLAY THE GAME.

EDIT: Maybe I'm using the wrong version of the ROM? Is there a specific one I should be using?

EDIT2: Yep, it works now with a different ROM.

Edited by frat_tastic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

GOOD NEWS, MEKKAHGON.

I found my save state. Prepare yourself.

Edit: I don't think this was intended!

[spoiler=So OP]

seth1.pngseth2.pngseth3.png

Why can Seth promote now

Double Edit: oic. Sneaky.

Edited by Paperblade

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Played through to chapter 15, for the most part I'm quite impressed, but it's clear the hack still needs a bit more debugging and polish.

Some evil unmentioned trolls:

[spoiler=Chapter 14]

FOW, and some of your undeployed characters will become enemies that you have to recruit. Rennac is also a PC right away, but is basically doomed unless you rush and use the dummy wisely.

[spoiler=Chapter 15]

FOW again, Saleh can only use staves, and Innes has a Nidhogg he can't use. Can't seem to have Eirika survive on a fort I warped her to because there's too many damn pegasi shooting at her from long range.

[spoiler=Balance issue]

FireEmblemTroll_000.png

FireEmblemTroll_001.png

Franz is just too powerful, even in normal play. His only issue whatsoever is durability, which I largely fixed with 2 dragonshields and a seraph robe, all available early on. The photos seen here are him in chapter 10. With a bit of care, he can basically solo every map in the game from C9 onwards.

• 2 years later...

I've actually gotten pretty far with this hack: almost all of the gameplay is finished, and the story is written up to Ch7 or so. However, since it's so time consuming to do text editing, I've not worked on it in a long time. If you're interested in playing, drop me a line and I'll see if I can get an upload link working.

I've actually gotten pretty far with this hack: almost all of the gameplay is finished, and the story is written up to Ch7 or so. However, since it's so time consuming to do text editing, I've not worked on it in a long time. If you're interested in playing, drop me a line and I'll see if I can get an upload link working.

Men i just wanna play D: gimme drugs the download link please

(i want to make a opinion of this hackrom, it seems interesting)

Sorry the bad english too :p