Let’s Play: The Last Promise

DH_Ninja

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, are Alustrona(No), Arectaris(No), Silvans(No), Obsidian(No), or the four Magic tomes(Yes) of Galager's in the Constellation?

I've done and cleaned the constellation clean. Only the Four Tomes are in the Constellation.

The one upside to that chapter is you get a Silver Sword and a bunch of stat boosters, but I think Sieg and Shon are required, and it's rainy and...ugh. I personally skip it.

Constellation: Part 11

ClX9Lfr.png

Welcome back to Let's Give Liquid Some Ether (Sphere).

The reason I'm doing this is Liquid really didn't get much love at all last time
and he's actually a very solid unit. Especially at his maximum potential.

He's also a Berserker with Lethality. Come on.

rhCopnA.png

We give a few others some much deserved love as well.

And just look at Liquids stats. Yikes.

But there are some side effects of being so strong.

fN8XZUQ.png

Destroying families for a mere two gold pieces.

We've never killed for so low and yet I can't help but feel we've killed for less.

So with this done let's take a look at our team so far.

jOLU4Kf.png
dkfByKF.png

Pretty solid and we're allowed only two more.
I'll have to choose wisely for the last chapter

2cPr6eq.png

But I think we can handle Star Nine in the meanwhile.

fBSpIZI.png

Neku is not recruitable. He makes a cameo here and only here.
To be honest. I can't say much here. Look him up on google.

As you can see, the enemies here are rather tough.

58VsQA7.png

Our starting positions.

uU61cZH.png

I really like what was done with the color scheme here, red somehow looks
more menacing. The enemies here are also too strong to solo. You need a
decent team. Slowly the difficulty rises.

dlzjtvE.png

Just as quickly as we saw Neku, we lose him. He doesn't last long despite
being able to dish out alot of damage.

eA4i43n.png

We don't have too much trouble although we almost lose Kelik.

GIFg9MS.png

Also about these Magnum Weapons. This map is farmable for them.
They're essentially all hyped up S weapons. Each gives a +5 to speed.

Needless to say, they're stronk.

TMltm18.png

We also pick up a Silver Card, in case getting items was too difficult.
Our reward was the Magnum Bliss.
A super strong staff we'll be using in the end.

With this done let's go bother Jake.

nJoiUKG.png

Jerk. I knew you lacked faith in me.

VS4LtKB.png

No Leon in sight. But we got his sword.
If we want to beat the last chapter easier.
We'll need this weapon.

tNz9PRz.png

We also unlocked this feature last star!

Basically it has a few scenes here that fill in some gaps.
Not many but they're still here as extras.

EFf1dnp.png

A few names of them. Let's start with Siegfried.

hCzD8c3.png

The perk here is we get to use Siegfried.
The not so perk is we know how this ends already.

Not well for anyone involved.

qtCCoai.png

Also for beating some of these we get items.

You think the assassins would have been less stereotypical.

Alright so let's get moving on to the next. Let's visit Kelik.

nUalnoD.png

Absolutely. We haven't heard from you in a while!

9XUNN6u.png

Yeah! What's the deal Kelik? It's not like you to be so...charismatic.

KKufejT.png

What was it Kelik? You can tell us.

We're your friends.

User Posted Image

Oh? Ho? Interesting...

2UOAUR7.png

I'm not sure guys.

uwfQ8xk.png

Yes. Explain clearly what he means to say Levion.

User Posted Image

GASP!

vf9dFLD.png

I can't believe he meant THAT!

User Posted Image

Okay this is just getting nasty.

s6Ydvci.png

Alright. I think we'll stop here.

Buh-Bai for now! Expect the rest to be shown later.

As for the discussion: It was just Kelik trying to be charsimatic about joining Magnus, not one for words he makes sure his companions are okay with fighting. Naturally they all agree and they have a moment.

Edited by DH_Ninja

• 2 weeks later...

So hey, um... I just finished TLP myself. Nah, not doing the Constellation.

Regarding the endings, both Liquid and Lyam still had 0B 742W 1L and there were no paired endings whatsoever even though I had lots of A supports. A different LP stated that this hack does have some paired endings, so I guess something broke. Support library doesn't work right either so I can't reread supports.

Also, endings don't mention Yue, Liuke, and Siegfried. Oops or intentional?

No it's just that when managing a cast of over 40 characters I was bound to forget one of them that had a less memorable recruitment (I think I used a character list that had forgotten Yue and possibly Liuke as a basis for some of this stuff and yeah)

Support library and sound room both work REALLY weird so I couldn't really get them to work. For the sound room I just ASM-hacked it so every song is unlocked, I dunno if I could do that for the support library even if I wanted to.

Regarding the endings, both Liquid and Lyam still had 0B 742W 1L

lolwut that's weird, pic?

and there were no paired endings whatsoever even though I had lots of A supports. A different LP stated that this hack does have some paired endings, so I guess something broke.

not a huge fan of paired endings + I was low on time + I don't care for most of the game or characters in TLP (no offense TLP just doesn't have van amazing plot or cast) so there are only a couple I think, don't ask me which ones I don't know it's been ages lol.

also 7x should have been fixed at some point (probably the latest patch but some avid fan probably knows TLP better than I do at this point, I only legitimately beat the game like once, every other time I beat it was during development over the course of several months or longer lol)

*disappears again*

lolwut that's weird, pic?

also 7x should have been fixed at some point

Right here in the thread itself:

rc5d.png

m5il.png

Okay, I was slightly wrong. It was 0B 741W 2L.

Also, Kelik always has 1L even if he doesn't die at any point in the game. Damn Fenix's cutscene powers.

And don't worry, 7x works fine. All six houses in 7 are visitable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Since this appears to be the most active thread about TLP, I thought I'd try asking here: I'm trying to unlock all Kelik/Rana conversations, and this page ( http://www.feshrine.net/thelastpromise/sidequests.php ) mentions a convo in Ch25. However, when I'm in Ch25 I don't see an option for either of them to talk to the other. I did make them talk in Ch24. Is there something I need to do? I don't want to play on and find out I missed it.

I'm not sure what to tell you. Also I'm not dead! That's a plus right? Sorry about the inactivity. I've been very...very busy with a bunch of other projects and stuff but i will finish this up. Sorry to leave you all hanging like this.

Don't sweat it man, well. There's not much of The Last Promise left. You got like, one star to go through and that's it. You pretty much have 1 or 2 parts to go through in your Let's Play. But yeah, I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully your other projects will calm down so you can continue this Let's Play. Which actually inspired me to play through it again. But yeah, I'm looking forward to the last bit of your LP.

So for pretty much the same reason as Mekkah, I want to ask a question here in the thread.

Where are the themes for the castle map where you first get to use Kelik ((I think it's Chapter 12, but I'm not sure)), the Boss Battle theme for most of the bosses from Siegried's part of the story and the other recruitment theme?

Same here, Ninian. I actually wasn't aware of most of the stuff in this hack until I watched, well. I dunno, Watch/Read this LP, whatever you may call it. But yeah, this helped me a lotta stuff when I was doing my own 2nd playthrough. Also DarkPaladin, I can't answer your question. But what you can do is check the Sound Room. I mean, Blazer sorta made it 100% so you can listen to all of the awesome songs in the game. Seriously, Midnight Sun and The Last Promise have the best Music in my opinion.

So for pretty much the same reason as Mekkah, I want to ask a question here in the thread.

Where are the themes for the castle map where you first get to use Kelik ((I think it's Chapter 12, but I'm not sure)), the Boss Battle theme for most of the bosses from Siegried's part of the story and the other recruitment theme?

All the titles of the songs are in the Sound Room, but I think Chapter 12's music is from one of the YS games, and the other two are from Tales of Symphonia.

Also DarkPaladin, I can't answer your question. But what you can do is check the Sound Room. I mean, Blazer sorta made it 100% so you can listen to all of the awesome songs in the game.

All the titles of the songs are in the Sound Room, but I think Chapter 12's music is from one of the YS games, and the other two are from Tales of Symphonia.

Thanks for helping me. I already knew that the sound room was unlocked by default, but thanks nonetheless for helping me out.

Seriously, Midnight Sun and The Last Promise have the best Music in my opinion.

Agreed.

• 11 months later...

Since this appears to be the most active thread about TLP, I thought I'd try asking here: I'm trying to unlock all Kelik/Rana conversations, and this page ( http://www.feshrine.net/thelastpromise/sidequests.php ) mentions a convo in Ch25. However, when I'm in Ch25 I don't see an option for either of them to talk to the other. I did make them talk in Ch24. Is there something I need to do? I don't want to play on and find out I missed it.

Did you manage to solve this problem?