FEIV (v0.a released)

BoxMulder

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curse you all, I thought there was an update.

(Also I'm fairly sure Pi won't accept random peeps for spell/grammar check)

Quite possibly, but I'm hoping that he will. That one missing comma in the Kruge video is killing me.

You know SF doesn't actually have necro rules, right? Also it's been less than two months.

Necroposting (post in a very old topic) is forbidden.

If a topic has not been posted in for 1 month AND has fallen outside the first page of a board, any posts made in that topic will be considered necroposting.

Instead, if necessary, simply make another topic. This rule does not apply to the creators of art topics, hacking projects, and other threads of similar nature that need to be updated. Examples of acceptable use of necroposting are:

You have asked a staff member and they have permitted you to post in an old thread.

You have a project thread, and you must bump it to alert people to an update you just did.

You have some well thought out criticism to post in someone's art thread.

This is acceptable as long as the thread hasn't been devoid of activity by the artist for more than 3 months.

You have a bug report for a Hack.

This is acceptable as long as the thread hasn't been devoid of activity by the hacker for more than 2 months.

reading is tech

That may be in the rules, but informally on many, many occasions over the last couple years I've seen the mods say "There's no rules against necroposting". Then again, that may refer to topic creators reviving ancient topics and not random posts from non-creators in said topics.

Of course necroposting is an issue once I come in

I haven't played many FE hacks, but so far this looks pretty good. I'd like to play it, but...The download link is dead. Can anyone fix that...?

necroooooooooo

"Minimodding is forbidden. This entails reminding others of the rules or guidelines, or telling them they've broken them. This is akin to a child tattletailing, and I'm sure you've outgrown that a long time ago."

You know SF doesn't actually have necro rules, right? Also it's been less than two months.

"Necroposting (post in a very old topic) is forbidden."

"If a topic has not been posted in for 1 month AND has fallen outside the first page of a board, any posts made in that topic will be considered necroposting."

That may be in the rules, but informally on many, many occasions over the last couple years I've seen the mods say "There's no rules against necroposting". Then again, that may refer to topic creators reviving ancient topics and not random posts from non-creators in said topics.

"This rule does not apply to the creators of art topics, hacking projects, and other threads of similar nature that need to be updated."

And last but not least:

EEO9UpL.jpg

If BoxMulder ever has an update for this, he can notify a staff member and get this re-opened.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Pi, I have a request.

Could I serve as your spelling/grammar checker? I'm a bit of a Grammar Nazi, and I've already noticed a few things missing here and there. If you wouldn't mind or haven't already found somebody suitable to the task, I'd really appreciate if you'd let me do this.

Whenever the first release is out you can compile a list of errata. There's no need for an editor during the development process; the dialogue that hasn't been shown off is still in flux and can change at a moment's notice. Text, like graphics, is not the highest priority if I want to get a release out in a timely manner.

Quite possibly, but I'm hoping that he will. That one missing comma in the Kruge video is killing me.

What line is this and what's the correction you suggest?

In the meantime I'll see if there's anything I added that's worth showing off right now. There are a lot of new and exciting things added and I'm keeping them ready for a month's time! It will be... memorable.

Edit:

I haven't played many FE hacks, but so far this looks pretty good. I'd like to play it, but...The download link is dead. Can anyone fix that...?

I can't exactly edit the first post, but try this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/05nkt347yma6hwi/feiv0.a.ups?dl=0

Here's a mini-update on the current situation. In terms of chapters I've started working on the final segment of Chapter 2, where they player storms the capital. Once that's done, there's 3 parts for Chapter 3 (Jacoban, Eltoshan and Shagall 2) and then I'll be able to start tidying things up for a release! Even with that in mind, there's still a bit of work to go.

First off is rebalancing some gameplay elements. Several overpowered weapons will be shuffled around and you won't get them as early. For example, Lex no longer gets a Brave Axe from Verdane. Instead, he gets the aptly named... Golden Axe.

oiRvMZO.png

It may not look powerful at a glance, but frugal players will find a great return on their investment, so to speak. Nonetheless, the Brave Axe hasn't vanished into thin air. But exactly how you obtain it will be revealed later...!

Secondly, an important element of the complete package are cosmetic touchups. Armies will have their own unique colors to set them apart from each other!

OZyYWSA.pngBbyFYgF.pngmwV8BMa.png

Finally, another skill trickles in. Although it's not the original Critical, I'm sure Noish will find it to be a good substitute.

A9NWTZ8.png

As the image says, Daredevil will improve Noish's critical rate if the enemy has high hit rates. Take a big risk, get a big reward! The exact bonus is half of the enemy's hit rate, currently capped at a maximum of a +25 bonus (so you get the maximum bonus if the enemy has better than even odds of hitting you.) Of course, you don't have to take such a big risk. Even an enemy with 30 hit rate will still give a modest +15 bonus, potentially turning the tide of a battle.

Edited by SquareRootOfPi

As the image says, Daredevil will improve Noish's critical rate if the enemy has high hit rates. Take a big risk, get a big reward! The exact bonus is half of the enemy's hit rate, currently capped at a maximum of a +25 bonus (so you get the maximum bonus if the enemy has better than even odds of hitting you.) Of course, you don't have to take such a big risk. Even an enemy with 30 hit rate will still give a modest +15 bonus, potentially turning the tide of a battle.

Does it still work at range or only when the user makes an attack/gets attacked?

Yeah Pi, just get a new gui. Easy peasy lemon squeezy am I right guys?

All Im asking is like to move everything a bit so it wont look messy (or was that not sarcasm)

this is all looking very sexy.

also about the golden axe, it gets better stats every time you repair it doesn't it? higher stats at a cost of higher gold to repair it each time?

oiRvMZO.png

It may not look powerful at a glance, but frugal players will find a great return on their investment, so to speak. Nonetheless, the Brave Axe hasn't vanished into thin air. But exactly how you obtain it will be revealed later...!

Honestly, it doesn't make any sense for it to be anything else but increasing in power with the gold you have. His wording implies that it could be powerful, if you're frugal, meaning not spending your money. Plus the description of the weapon lends to this hypothesis, too.

Edited by Lord of Gabriel Knight