FE4: Incorrect growth rate?

fourinone

I leveled up Sigurd in the arena, and he did not gain HP. According to the growth rates page, Sigurd should have an HP growth of 110 with holy blood? I tried some more and it happened more than once. Can someone please explain? Does the arena disable holy blood bonuses or something? Or is this a glitch?

I don't think it's the level up bug, because Sigurd did get other stats (skl, spd, lck), and it was my first battle after entering the arena.

Edited by fourinone

I did some testing a while ago. Basically every time you level up in the arena there's a (pretty high) chance you get less stat growths then usual. There's a way to avoid this bug though. When you're about to beat the enemy, cancel the arena and continue. It has to be the last round of the battle. If you do this you will get proper growths.

I did some testing a while ago. Basically every time you level up in the arena there's a (pretty high) chance you get less stat growths then usual. There's a way to avoid this bug though. When you're about to beat the enemy, cancel the arena and continue. It has to be the last round of the battle. If you do this you will get proper growths.

That's the arena glitch Horace was referring to. I'd imagine Horace is right. If I recall, the game rolls for HP before any other stat proc but it's likely to be something along the same lines.

I've always found it rather weird and frustrating. I don't think a single hack of this game corrected that either and there's some pretty heavy modification for this game.

If it's related to the RNG that's not exactly an easy thing to hack.