What asset/flaw do you favor? Why?

i dislike having -lck solely because the one time i did it i got actually freakishly unlucky (have i ever told my 3%% story?)

Edited by CT075

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

then how does this disprove his point

Because skill exists, and making up for lacking hit is generally easier then making up for lacking crit evade.

I go Mag+ Res-.

I don't find Resistance to be that big of a deal if I'm using magic tomes to blow up anyone who attacks me with magic anyway, and Res+10 balances it out.

I've done Skill+ HP- as well, it turned out okay.

i dislike having -lck solely because the one time i did it i got actually freakishly unlucky (have i ever told my 3%% story?)

there's a reason why +lck only level ups are the most ironic

+Speed -Def

I didn't know if MU will be physical or magical (postgame) and speed seemed to be a good choice according to forum posts. I hate losing offensive potential and -Luck gives -1 Mag/Str, -Def does neither.

+Def/-Luk is my favorite on lunatic and lunatic+, but on hard I prefer +SPD/-Luk. I just can't have a non-luk flaw, Luck is just useless, since even with it as a flaw my avatar is rarely critted, even on the beginning of the game, which wouldn't matter anyway, since those chapters are so short.

Been pretty big +Spd/-Luk, which is a solid setup for even the highest difficulties. However, my last run, it was usurped when I tried out +Def/-Luk and realized just how insanely powerful it is (it even laughs at Lunatic+ once it gets rolling).

I like +SPD/-Luck too, but then again I haven't tried +DEF yet either. I always like using a SPD heavy team when possible.

Otherwise, I tend to favor the HP for the asset. If you raise your defense by one point, then you survive only an extra point in physical damage. No benefit to resistance at all and vice versa. However, a single point increase in HP means you survived another point of damage which is like having an extra point in defence or resistance. The benefit is ta HP increase acts like both a def. and res. gain in one.

Yeah, that's what I thought too for a while. The problem with that argument is that when you are getting attacked by 20 people per turn for example, one point of defense is like having an extra 20 hp.

Hard: +Spd/-HP. Durability isn't a concern in Hard, and +Spd makes the earlygame a lot faster.

Lunatic: +Mag/-Lck. Endgame offense can be a problem if you're going fast. +Spd/-Lck is good too, but I don't think it provides anything useful beyond the Gangrel fight since a +Mag Dark Flier will be ridiculously fast from having spent so many levels in the Pegasus tree.

Lunatic+: +Def/-Lck and +Def/-Skl. The Avatar absolutely has to snowball for the most reliable clears of Lunatic+.

You realize that -Luck Penalized your magic and strength right

That being said I prefer +Luck/-Defense

I like the being a glass cannon that is equal good at strength and magic (I am referring to modifiers here)

I like +SPD/-Luck too, but then again I haven't tried +DEF yet either. I always like using a SPD heavy team when possible.

Yeah, that's what I thought too for a while. The problem with that argument is that when you are getting attacked by 20 people per turn for example, one point of defense is like having an extra 20 hp.

What I didn't realize in making HP my flaw is that the HP asset/flaw also impacts your def and res. It may very well be the best asset for players looking for a tankier route, given that it improves every defensive growth, base, max stat, and modifier with the exception of avoid %.

That's a pretty extreme example since, well, when are you doing to have one guy face 20 of theirs in a single turn??

my run of Lunatic Priam Paralogue was basically

pick off everything that has counter

facetank everything else with MU (Sol), Lucina (Aether), and Tiki (a lot of defense)

They probably didn't face 20 units each exactly per turn but they had to kill a lot of enemies in one EP

Edited by Thor Odinson

my run of Lunatic Priam Paralogue was basically

pick off everything that has counter

facetank everything else with MU (Sol), Lucina (Aether), and Tiki (a lot of defense)

They probably didn't face 20 units each exactly per turn but they had to kill a lot of enemies in one EP

Well, that's about the only real example I can think of, honestly, since the only other maps with that many enemies don't have them zerg rush you all at once

There is Lunatic chapter 2 phase 1

aka easiest and most reliably (as chapter 2 can get, anyway) done by Frederick Emblem and/or defenseMU emblem facetanking everything and pray to the rng gods for a bit of dodge sometimes

Not 20 enemies, but they hit like 20 enemies and the ones before the bridge are all auto-aggro'd and will zerg rush you until you or they die

I also did something similar on hard mode Walhart's where I had Lucina bumrush to Walhart before the reinforcements come and she ended up murdering (or close to) most the enemies on the map on EP since I can't let Chrom see a real enemy phase, he was really underleveled

but that's the case if you're like me and stops training Chrom as soon as Lucina's born and delegate him to support 'cuz he sucks

(if he can recruit walhart from the back line i will be so angry it would've saved me so much work)

Edited by Thor Odinson

+ Luck: Honestly I find myself to be pretty lucky in real life, hopefully I didn't jinx myself though, haha. :/:

- HP: I have low stamina in real life, plus I didn't want to use any other stat as a flaw.

+ Luck: Honestly I find myself to be pretty lucky in real life, hopefully I didn't jinx myself though, haha. :/:

- HP: I have low stamina in real life, plus I didn't want to use any other stat as a flaw.

*gets a +lck level up in prologue*

I know Paperblade swears by +HP/-Str(or is it Res, I forget), mostly because after a few levels you get super buff really fast due to the high HP growth.

+HP is way better than a lot of people think. I did it in my first Lunatic run, it gives you a seriously big durability boost. Going from 19 to 24 HP is better than +2 def when you're looking to survive 2 hits. Less good when you're trying to survive 3 hits or more though.

There is Lunatic chapter 2 phase 1

aka easiest and most reliably (as chapter 2 can get, anyway) done by Frederick Emblem and/or defenseMU emblem facetanking everything and pray to the rng gods for a bit of dodge sometimes

Not 20 enemies, but they hit like 20 enemies and the ones before the bridge are all auto-aggro'd and will zerg rush you until you or they die

I also did something similar on hard mode Walhart's where I had Lucina bumrush to Walhart before the reinforcements come and she ended up murdering (or close to) most the enemies on the map on EP since I can't let Chrom see a real enemy phase, he was really underleveled

but that's the case if you're like me and stops training Chrom as soon as Lucina's born and delegate him to support 'cuz he sucks

(if he can recruit walhart from the back line i will be so angry it would've saved me so much work)

Never played Lunatic - I'm not so starved for challenge that I'd take on a difficulty that essentially forces me to play paired up to make it look bearable. But I've read the horror stories.

Either +speed/-skill or +luck/-HP.

Love me some speed, skill makes it the most balenced.

I love the luck stat for sexy Armsthrift activation rates, and -HP because it makes the stat spread super even and sexy looking.

I really wish I could just not have modifiers. That stat cap spread is sooooo even and sexy.