Ragefest 3: Douchey Today, Relieved Tomorrow

MarkyJoe1990

My patch should be easy to find. There should be a topic on this forum for it. It was an RF2 entry titled "Prisoner of Darkness"

EDIT: link also happens to be in my sig

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm semi curious on how many submissions you've gotten. I know you've gotten at least two, one from FELover3, and another from Ephraim225 if my memory is correct.

Ragefest 3 has a total of 6 submissions; Just as many as Ragefest 1.

Ragefest 3 has a total of 6 submissions; Just as many as Ragefest 1.

Awesome! Sounds like this Ragefest was quite the success. Let's just hope you don't get traumatized again. Unless it's the good traumatized like Matthew's Nightmare. Kinda curious now, how goes the recording of each?

Awesome! Sounds like this Ragefest was quite the success. Let's just hope you don't get traumatized again. Unless it's the good traumatized like Matthew's Nightmare. Kinda

curious now, how goes the recording of each?

I finished recording Ephraim225's submission. He joins as a co-commentator.

The submission was... pretty underwhelming. It has the same problems Ephraim225's previous submission had: Oversized map, improper utilization of fourth wall jokes and outside references, and scatterbrained level design. However it's inferior to his previous submission in that while Ephraim225's Ragefest 2 submission had quite a lot of content, traps, and decent challenge, this one does not. it feels like Ephraim used as many jokes as he could possibly think of for Ragefest 2, only to realize he was running low by the time Ragefest 3 came around.

I commend his efforts to participate in Ragefest for the third time (He's been in every Ragefest so far), but I can't help but feel a little disappointed due to expecting a submission even better than his Ragefest 2 submission.

To be fair however, he did manage to come up with some good jokes and creative ideas in this one. I won't spoil any, but in the video, there is a specific joke that made me nearly bust a gut, and a specific... thing that made me go "Wow, that's ingenius"

At the very least, I enjoyed his submission more than FELover3's... but unlike FELover3's, I can't picture Ephraim225 winning any awards. FELover3 might get the sadist and jester award since his humor and sadism are top notch, but Ephraim225's kind pales in comparison in both of those departments, and while it's map design is better, and the challenge more genuine, it has some VERY tough competition for the Artist and Strategist awards, and it's plot is so paper thin that it has no chance at the writer award. It won't likely win the overall best award because, again, it has some VERY tough competition.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

I finished recording Ephraim225's submission. He joins as a co-commentator.

The submission was... pretty underwhelming. It has the same problems Ephraim225's previous submission had: Oversized map, improper utilization of fourth wall jokes and outside references, and scatterbrained level design. However it's inferior to his previous submission in that while Ephraim225's Ragefest 2 submission had quite a lot of content, traps, and decent challenge, this one does not. it feels like Ephraim used as many jokes as he could possibly think of for Ragefest 2, only to realize he was running low by the time Ragefest 3 came around.

I commend his efforts to participate in Ragefest for the third time (He's been in every Ragefest so far), but I can't help but feel a little disappointed due to expecting a submission even better than his Ragefest 2 submission.

To be fair however, he did manage to come up with some good jokes and creative ideas in this one. I won't spoil any, but in the video, there is a specific joke that made me nearly bust a gut, and a specific... thing that made me go "Wow, that's ingenius"

At the very least, I enjoyed his submission more than FELover3's... but unlike FELover3's, I can't picture Ephraim225 winning any awards. FELover3 might get the sadist and jester award since his humor and sadism are top notch, but Ephraim225's kind pales in comparison in both of those departments, and while it's map design is better, and the challenge more genuine, it has some VERY tough competition for the Artist and Strategist awards, and it's plot is so paper thin that it has no chance at the writer award. It won't likely win the overall best award because, again, it has some VERY tough competition.

So it was good, but due to some of the competition, it probably won't win. At least like you said, he has participated in all three, which I respect. Being able to come up with THAT many things? VERY impressive. Also, where is YOUR entry gonna go up on teh youtube? Your channel I assume? Or is it gonna go on your friend's one if they even have a channel? Keep us posted Marc, or I'll send Manphia after you.

So it was good, but due to some of the competition, it probably won't win. At least like you said, he has participated in all three, which I respect. Being able to come up with THAT many things? VERY impressive. Also, where is YOUR entry gonna go up on teh youtube? Your channel I assume? Or is it gonna go on your friend's one if they even have a channel? Keep us posted Marc, or I'll send Manphia after you.

It was mediocre.

I'm going to have someone else record a playthrough of my entry. When s/he uploads it, I'll make a short montage of their video, upload it to my channel, and at the end of the montage, put some text that says "See the whole thing on [insert name here]'s channel!" and provide a link.

maybe you could splice together some of the best clips from various people (assuming that more than one person records it)?

I... don't know. My plan was to have a specific person (You likely know who I am referring to) record a playthrough of the hack (With commentary of course, and preferably with a co-host, since this person isn't as good without a co-host to bounce off of), then upload it, and then I would promote the video with the montage I mentioned in my previous post. I didn't really plan for if multiple people do it, and I want to promote only the people I think did a good job with the commentary. The person I chose is someone I trust will satisfy my expectations.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Wait so that means Marc won't also be trolling himself afterall? I am dissapoint. Looking forward to seeing the entries as they are uploaded regardless.

How would I troll myself? If I were to LP my own submission, I'd know where everything is, so my reactions would be underwhelming at best. It's better that someone unaware of the traps in the hack LP it since their reactions would be hilarious to watch. Afterall, the reactions are the best part of watching a ragefest submission, no?

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

How would I troll myself? If I were to LP my own submission, I'd know where everything is, so my reactions would be underwhelming at best. It's better that someone unaware of the traps in the hack LP it since their reactions would be hilarious to watch. Afterall, the reactions are the best part of watching a ragefest submission, no? 

You must create a submission so trollish that even you yourself as the creator cannot avoid being completely and utterly trolled. For optimum effect, after doing such, wipe your own memories of the creation of said hack by sheer force of will and record afterward. But mostly I'm just being "That guy right now."

You must create a submission so trollish that even you yourself as the creator cannot avoid being completely and utterly trolled. For optimum effect, after doing such, wipe your own memories of the creation of said hack by sheer force of will and record afterward. But mostly I'm just being "That guy right now."

I'm afraid I lack the ability t wipe my memories.

... What's "That guy right now"?

I'm afraid I lack the ability t wipe my memories.

... What's "That guy right now"?

Essentially it refers to that one guy who continually makes irrelevant or detrimental assertions at an inopportune time. In other words, I'm messing with you, or something.

Or it's just that guy that makes you say... well... "Oh, it's that guy..." You know the one. Or so I would assume. Anyway, yeah.

Do you have the corresponding tastiness associated with a cashew?

-anime fall- I should've seen that one coming. The nuttiness of that post just made me roll my eyes.

Also, Marc, what's your plan on the upload schedule of the entries? If you have one that is.

-anime fall- I should've seen that one coming. The nuttiness of that post just made me roll my eyes.

Also, Marc, what's your plan on the upload schedule of the entries? If you have one that is.

I usually just edit and upload the footage when I feel like it. No real pattern or schedule.

Agrsplagrblagh you're going so faast.

If I submit mine soon just to get it in before you finish everything else, can I send revisions later, even after you're done with everything that's not mine? I could probably just finish the first half or two-thirds and get back to you with the last part (I doubt you'll get very far very fast)