Mafia Headquarters V4

Kaoz

The complete rules for hosting a game and the current queues and ideas lists can be found here.

as such

also possible game idea: Periodic Table of the Elements Mafia (with scorri)

another question; are we required to have a checker for games?

Edited by Manix

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also noting: the role setup for CYOC mafia is generated. CYOC applies to your character, Roleplay (optional), and flavor. This will likely be Anonymous; if so, signups will be conducted by PM. That being said, you pick your character before I hand you your alignment.

another question; are we required to have a checker for games?

Didn't see this edit before. You are only required to have one if it's the first game you're hosting here, otherwise you may get one and it might be a good idea in some cases, but you're not forced to.

Anyway, we've been discussing some ideas recently and would like to throw them out here to get some feedback.

1. Event Games

We'd like to establish a clearer rule regarding games like Halloween Mafia and (New) Prince of Tennis Mafia, that is games that are hosted at a specific time because of a holiday or whatever.

One possibility here would be to have actual event games. The way this would work is that we'd set a couple dates throughout the year (for example, we were thinking of Easter, summer holidays, Halloween, Xmas), give out a game size, game type (OC/NOC/LOC/Multifaction) and some sort of restriction (this could be flavour or a mechanic) some time in advance and then you guys get to send in setups you'd like to host (that follow the restrictions of course). If multiple setups got submitted, one of us would review all of them and pick one to be used.

The other possibilities would be either to just allow all date based games as long as they are submitted at least a month or so in advance, or to simply not allow them at all.

2. Filler Mini Games

I basically just have to point at Prims's 9P Mafia that just started to explain this one. The idea here is that, if the first two games on the queue cannot be hosted for a short period of time (so short that a regular game wouldn't get close to being finished) and we know about it in advance, we'd throw up a mini game for 7-9 players to cover for that.

The obvious other possibilities are to just wait or to move on to the third, fourth etc. game.

A poll for both of these matters will be up shortly, so please either vote or post a comment (the latter would be preferred, but before you do neither, at least do the former). About a week should be enough time for discussion.

One possibility here would be to have actual event games. The way this would work is that we'd set a couple dates throughout the year (for example, we were thinking of Easter, summer holidays, Halloween, Xmas), give out a game size, game type (OC/NOC/LOC/Multifaction) and some sort of restriction (this could be flavour or a mechanic) some time in advance and then you guys get to send in setups you'd like to host (that follow the restrictions of course). If multiple setups got submitted, one of us would review all of them and pick one to be used.

I honestly like this idea. It gives people a chance to bring out creativity and it would be kinda cool in general. I can see this working quite well in that if people are invested already in the idea (by making a setup), they will probably play whatever setup was eventually put out if they didn't get to run their setup.

The other possibilities would be either to just allow all date based games as long as they are submitted at least a month or so in advance,

The problem with this is that we might pull well past the actual time of the event with subsequent games, which creates dissonance in the theme.

or to simply not allow them at all.

I think in general the idea is fine, so yeah no.

2. Filler Mini Games

I basically just have to point at Prims's 9P Mafia that just started to explain this one. The idea here is that, if the first two games on the queue cannot be hosted for a short period of time (so short that a regular game wouldn't get close to being finished) and we know about it in advance, we'd throw up a mini game for 7-9 players to cover for that.

The obvious other possibilities are to just wait or to move on to the third, fourth etc. game.

I honestly don't mind what happens with this. Running filler games if a host isn't ready is okay, although moving onto the next game is also an option if the next host is ready. That said, probably limiting it to like asking the hosts of the next game/next two games on the queue first before running a filler game is probably appropriate, imo.

event games yes please

also, stolypin/guillermo is co-hosting Chilean with me, just fyi

I should have it completely ready to run after next week. My finals officially end next Thursday (so this coming Thursday).

Edited by Dos Espadas

That's an unfortunate development, but it can't be helped.

In this case, we'll move on to Mystery Mafia. Manix, you're free to put up sign-ups.

Kingmaker 2 will be kept on the queue for now and marked as indefinitely suspended.

Group mafia (12) is ready to go whenever needed. Levity checked it for me. (Also, it's under the name "Yongsoo" where everywhere else I'm called Boron.)

As in, "The" group?

Also, posting to clarify, Shining Force 2 Mafia, I'm working in an alternate setup for 14 players, in case of poor turnouts. So there is a backup.

Edited by Elieson