Shining Force 3: Sword of Hajya Mafia [Game Over]

Elieson

Also, the reason Shin was playing differently this game was because he was trying to RP as me. A callback to Masquerade mafia where I had the username England, used Hetalia!England as my avatar, and RP'd as Shin.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What actually happened:

Unfortunately, it seemed as though it wasn't meant for the Cypress Army to bring all of its members forth to combat Iom and its forces. While some had thoughts of treachery within the safety of their numbers, others knew well what was to become of the Force, and sought to take them down from the inside.

As it would be, the Cypress Army had but a mere handful of loyal combatants remaining, and after the downfall of their liege, morale crumbled, and the Shining Force was no more.

Lavender was lynched. Lavender was...

Dear Lavender, you are Jaha.

sfggp04.gif

You are a dwarf, male warrior. Strong in attack and defense but can't always keep up with everyone else. Jaha starts with the Shining Force in the beginning. If he had a longer range of movement then he would be a worthwhile character to have.

During the night, you may respond to your RolePM with ##Night X: Sharing my armor with [uSER]. You will lend a set of your spare armor to [uSER], allowing them to receive protection from one kill, beginning the following day. It takes time for them to alter the banding to fit a normal-sized person's body after all!

In short, you are the Two-shot Blacksmith.

You have a Post Restriction in which you are requested to follow. Please make all posts as if:
-Sleepy. You'd rather snooze under a tree than work, and really don't have much enthusiasm towards your job. You like to pick fights, but are often too lazy to follow through with your words. Talk big.

You are aligned with the Shining Force. You win when the Shining Force prevails over its foes!

And with that, the moon shed its light on the survivors. With so few remaining, it was evident. The crusade was over. Falling to their knees in tears wept India, who had dealt what would be the final blow on his beloved partner. Her reservoir of magic power had run dry, and India had nothing left to defend herself from the threats that surrounded her.

India has been endgamed. India was...

Dear India, you are May.

sfggp02.gif

You are a half-breed, female mage. Weak in strength and defense but has a nice collection of attack magic. Joins the Shining Force after the battle in the wrecked throne room. Learns stronger Freeze spells faster than Natasha. You're gonna love this mage, she learns the very powerful Level 3 Freeze quite early in the game when she reaches level 7. So that makes May awesome!! She kicks some major ass!

Once during the night, you may respond to your RolePM with ##Night X: Dynast magic, animate [uSER]. You will cast a spell with such incredible unholy might that it will restore life to the body of any dead [uSER]. This will not last for long, as once the moon appears, all power with this spell will be lost, and you only possess the alchemic components to perform this spell one time. [uSER] may post freely for the following Day phase, but cannot vote.

Also, if you were to be killed, you may continue to post for the following day phase. You will not be able to vote.

In short, you are the Shaman.

You have a Post Restriction in which you are requested to follow. Please make all posts as if:
-An ambassador of a foreign nation; calm and polite and proper.

You are aligned with the Shining Force. You win when the Shining Force prevails over its foes!

As strong as Flicker was, alone he was helpless against the Iom army.

Flicker has been endgamed. Flicker was...

Dear Flicker, you are Luke.

sfggp07.gif

You are a human, male monk. Strong in attacks and defense. Also possesses the very helpful ability of healing magic. Starts with the Shining Force in the beginning. Don't trade him for anyone else, he's a must for your army! He gets stronger and stronger.

During the night, you may respond to your RolePM with ##Night X: Gotta cast Slow on [uSER]. You will cast your time-slowing magic on [uSER], giving you time to cure any physical harm dealt by an attack by reducing bloodflow and preventing bleedouts. However, if [uSER] wasn't actually attacked, their pulse will drop to unsafe numbers and they will die due to a lack of oxygen being received by their brain.

In short, you are the CPR Doctor.

-A pacifist. Despite being insanely powerful, you prefer to avoid conflict when possible. Remain calm and suggest negotiation type alternatives to violence.

And with that, the remnants of the Iom army have won.

Mythic has won the game! He was...

Dear Mythic, you are Solo.

sfggp21.gif

You are is in charge of all the evil soldiers in Algam Fort. You have to fight him when you reach Iom Castle. Bleh! He's so ugly and scary. He looks like he's dead. He doesn't like Barbara too much. Ahh! He's so ugly and scary!!

During the night, you may respond to your RolePM with ##Night X: Force [uSER] down. You will cause [uSER] to be held down against the ground, which will prevent any of their actions from occurring.

Also, only once, you may respond to your RolePM with ##Night X: Unholy army, bring me [uSER] from the grave. Unleash his powers onto the enemy! You will send your undead army to recover dead [uSER] from his/her grave, and will be allowed to immediately use their ability as if it were your own. Be warned, that if [uSER] had reached the limit of any amount of uses for any actions that they could perform, that you will not see those actions restored for your use. You cannot use this ability to copy abilities that would kill, as they are too powerful for your undead horde to return to you safely.

In short, you are the Roleblocker, as well as the 1-shot Graverobber.

-*See your Mafia QT for more information*

You are aligned with Iom. You win when Iom is the the only army standing, or nothing else can prevent this from occuring!

Equality has won the game! He was...

Dear BigPlaysMeteor, you are Barbara.

sfggp20.gif

You are Barbara, an Iom general. She's quite an annoying villain. You have to fight her when you reach Iom's Shrine. She hates Solo with a passion. She's so evil. She's a slutty whore too! Barbara, you slutty whore!! Slutty slutty WHORE!!!

You are protected by a magical barrier that prevents normal entry and exit, and any abilities that target you, other than killing actions, will fail instantly.

During the night, you may reveal yourself from your Ascetic protection barrier and respond to your RolePM with one of the following self-enchantments:
##Night X: Magical Aura of Mist. You will shroud your factional kill target in a misty aura, preventing their corpse from ever being seen again.
##Night X: Magical Aura of Speed. You will shroud yourself in an aura which will allow you to carry out your factional kill with incredible speed. You will not be able to be spotted in any way while performing your factional kill
##Night X: Magical Aura of Power. You will shroud yourself with a powerful aura which will increase your physical strength momentarily by such a large amount, that no amount of energy will be able to prevent you from carrying out your factional kill.
These enchantments can only work on you.

In short, you are the Ascetic / Killer of All Trades, featuring one use of each of the following at the expense of your Ascetic protection:

-Janitor
-Ninja
-Strongkill

You are aligned with Iom. You win when Iom is the the only army standing, or nothing else can prevent this from occuring!

Congratulations to the mafia for winning Shining Force Sword of Hajya Mafia!

hahahahaha

EDIT: Didn't this just happen in like, I-forget-what, with Prims being "cult"?

Edited by Euklyd

oh good thing i checked one more time before heading off to bed lol

postgame comments

BBM - GJ on the win, I never seriously suspected you beyond "well I'm not townreading him so it's possible...". Solid maf play.

Poly - Your slot was the most OBVIOUS SCUM I have ever seen in forum mafia (at least to my memory). Not really blaming you since you subbed in and acted like you never really were able to catch up, but I definitely do blame the town for never re-reading you and noticing how blatant it was. You should've been gone D2. What the hell. :salt:

Kopfjager - You need to actually contribute to the game if you sign up, otherwise it's just rude to the host and players. What you did here was abysmal. If you're bad at D1 (and apparently every single phase that follows) then either try to improve or don't join games and stop dragging the rest of your alignment down. As is I'm blacklisting you from joining my upcoming game and probably all games I host in the future if you don't step it up.

FFM - I got the impression you only subbed out because people suspected you which frustrates me if true. Again, gotta play until the end if you sign up, barring outside circumstances. I really enjoyed your RP though.

Shin - why did you hammer Lavender, seriously. From your PoV the only plausible scumteam was Mystic / Equality unless you seriously thought scum had a 3-shot vig who shot their buddies twice. I am just really confused why you would ever do this.

Eury - You really gotta work on slimming down those walls. I find that I never get anything out of your posts because you're thorough to the extent that I can't tell what your major points are or what you want the reader to consider. Remember you want to convince other people, being clear and concise goes a long way toward that.

Shinori - I thought you did a lot better than your recent town games before you got SHOT ON THE NIGHT WE RECRUITED YOU, so yeah, props.

Junko - Actually thought you weren't so bad once you started formatting your posts better, imo you mostly just need to play more games and learn from experience.

Baldrick - I already yelled at you enough in the graveyard so I'll say that up until the modkill you were probably my favorite player to read this game. I don't blame you if you want to quit because of anger issues though, like with Via it's better not to play mafia if it's just going to be a detriment to you. RL > forum games, obviously.

Got most of the rage out of my system in the cult/graveyard QTs so there's actually not much of it here despite how terrible that ending was. But that ending was pretty terrible.

My favorite part of this game was when SB showed me scumchat and every time I got mentioned was followed by mafia talking about how scary they find me.

Will start sign-ups for my large game in a bit; it won't actually start until BBM's reaches N3 though.

A couple of things before in depth postgame happens:

Town MVP: Flicker/kirsche, for decent vig shots and essentially carrying a really heavy town, aside from his early quickhammer on Day 3.
Mafia MVP: BBM/Equality, for getting to D5 LYLO with no suspicion on him at all.
Cult MVP: lol. Probably Saturn/Prims for putting in more effort than the majority of the townies seemed to at times from beyond the dead.
Unluckiest Player: Tie between Blackberry/Paperblade for never being able to recruit someone properly, and Jurassic/Eury for scanning a false negative and a false positive, before getting roleblocked then killed.
Best Play: Either kirsche shooting 2 mafia, or BBM in night 2 where he figured out that they could gamble on framing August/Via and pulled off the only successful Tailor/Framer use that I've ever seen.
Worst Play: Knot/Wen doing practically nothing all game and still acted like there was a chance that something other than a Vigilante would try and shoot him. Presumption/Baldrick's modkill wasn't great either, but he was playing well before that.

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Agg2Se_NpeoudEpkVm14VmFIQjI2R3hWdWRLUjN5V3c&usp=drive_web#gid=0
Graveyard: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/KyNKxQEwi2qAE
Mafia Chat: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/TvLgvnMachzbD
Cult Chat: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/iRd83UPKNSHDM

here's another hint for wen: if you're crumbing something that would make mafia not want to kill you, they straight up won't. you didn't even have to claim anything of the sort, your flip would have told people who killed you if that ever came up

edit: also i do agree with prims said regarding your play and will be taking similar measures.

Edited by Curly Brace

Player reviews:

Terrador: I don't think you played particularly badly per say (if the rest of the game had your effort levels, I would be really happy), but continuing to produce wallposts when people tell you to stop doing them because they're making it hard to read is probably not a good idea. I think a lot of the votes on you were basically consolidation and as a result of the frustration towards your walls. I feel like a good thing for you would be to learn how to focus that effort or just make a thoughts quicktopic and spam that with reads rather than posting it in thread (well, you should still post content in thread obviously WEN but not as much as you did.)

Prims: Prims wasn't alive for long but he played well while he was alive. Unfortunately he was both culted and shot on virtue of being Prims, but he stayed around to help Paper after he died so props to that. I think the most questionnable thing Prims did was target Cam with his hunter, since I don't remember him being a high suspicion for you and if you wanted a lurker lynch then you could've saved me a lot of anger and just shot Wen instead.

Cam: Cam's play was alright while he was here but he apparently forgot the game existed after ED1 and got shot by Prims' hunter because I don't know.

Iris: Iris' early posts didn't really have a much content for the amount of words they used. I don't remember her actual content being bad, but the sheer amount of fluff in some of her posts made people suspicious of her and she ended up getting vigged.

Frosty Fire Mage: Wasn't particularly happy with the sub request, but meh. As for actual play, don't listpost early day 1. We don't need to know your nullreads, just the people you actually find scummy. You also seriously need more substance behind your reads and votes, one or two sentences is enough for earlygame but it didn't really progress much further than that.

Shinori: Shinori played fairly townie, which led to him getting shot by the mafia (iirc they were hunting for the non-existant doctor at the same time) and culted by Paperblade. Don't really have a lot to say here.

Green Poet: Struggling to find much to say here, honestly. I think your play was mostly alright, albeit kind of unmemorable because I don't really remember what you did. If I remember right, the mafia hijacked Flicker towards you because you softed that you were an info role.

Via: I think Via played okay until they reacted kind of badly to the cop guilty in the eyes of several of the other players, which kind of cemented the fact that he was going to be lynched because nobody other than Baldrick really put much thought into the possibility of the framer, and then he ironically got quickhammered by the role he was meant to be buffing.

Baldrick: Please don't modkill yourself. Before that you were probably my favourite townie for sticking it out when you were apparently struggling with irl stuff and putting a ton of effort into the game, plus being basically the only one who considered the that Via being framed was realistic, especially when the rule change happened.

Paperblade: Paper kinda had a weak D1 which led to him getting wagoned and then it led to him getting cop cleared by Eury. He was fine for a few days, but then he got shot by the mafia because they thought he was a clear who would never realistically be culted until endgame due to his ability. You probably should've picked some less obvious recruitment targets too, but eh.

Randa/Poly: Randa was kind of blatantly scummy with his empty listposts and a few people got on his case for that, before he had to sub out due to schoolwork. Poly subbed in and basically got by on minimal content, which is ;/, but it worked out for him and I think he might've been actually busy, so I dunno. Didn't save him from getting vigged, anyway.

Marth: Marth was V/LA for the majority of the game while he was alive, but while he was here his play was mostly solid, as were his roleblock targets as they both ended up landing on mafia and screwing them out of inspects, and the chance of him actually blocking a kill before BBM's role went down were kind of slim. Basically he needed to be more active, but considering his circumstances I understand why he couldn't be.

Wen: Should've probably been modsubbed or modkilled earlier. Basically did nothing all game then wasted a lynch. I had Conqueror lined up to sub in here actually, but then people actually started to consider lynching him and I'd feel bad for subbing him in to just get lynched so I left Wen to die. The fact you had the least content in the game despite living until day 4 AND being an Insomniac is kind of terrible.

Eury: Eury had terrible luck with her scans, and was kind of obvious that she was cop, making it easy for the mafia to manipulate her into the Via guilty. Cop is a role you want to hide for as long as possible, so doing that probably wasn't a good idea. As far as actual suspects went however, I remember your reads were decent for the most part.

Junko: Junko actually played fairly well for a newbie. Unfortunately he got fooled by BBM to the point that he gave him a BPV, and then got screwed over in endgame. One thing you need to work on is articulating your thoughts better (the walls in early days were kind of ridiculous to read,) but I think you'd become pretty good after doing that and getting some more experience playing.

Shin: Shin was kind of suspicious for most of the game and got by due to other townies being scummier, for the most part, and his claim was kind of obvtown but nobody really took that into account so shrug. The LYLO quickhammer was bad though, from your perspective you should've known the scumteam couldn't include Lavender, so I don't know why you did that.

kirsche: Town MVP for sure. Despite being busy kirsche was the only one who actually managed to get mafia killed, and kept town from collapsing in on themselves. Probably should've been janned N2 by the mafia when they found out his role to claim vig, honestly. The only thing you screwed up on imo is the Via quickhammer, which you did in PToE as well, so I think you kind of need to stop going for those?

Refa: Refa's play was good enough to get him through. He was never really a strong townread of anyone but there was never a major case on him throughout the game, just passing suspicion and his buddy' RVS vote until endgame, and considering town were flailing you did everything you needed too, so good job.

BBM: Anonymous BBM is ridiculous. that's all I need to say. He had no suspicion on him whatsoever until Day 5 where the possible scumteam splits were obvious, and he had several townies townreading him on top of that. He also made good suggestions for night actions and stuff, so there's nothing really to fault here.

[spoiler='Prince Nick]
Dear USER, you are Prince Nick.

sfggp25.gif

You are a human, male swordsman. Nick is the prince of the Cypress Kingdom. He is the only one that can be equipped with the Sword of Hajya. That sword is the only thing that can weaken Iom so Nick must be in your army in order for you to beat the game. He joins you at the last battle. Nick is cool. He's my hero.

During the night, you may respond to your RolePM with ##Night X: Inspect my army, take a closer look at [uSER]. You will of whom [uSER] fights for. However, with your primary arm turned to stone, you cannot return to the front lines immediately. Thus, you cannot act during the first night of the game.

In short, you are the Alignment Cop (Forced Inactive during Night 0)

-A valiant leader, inspiring and couragous! With the Sword of Hajya in hand, nothing can stop you!

[spoiler=Jaha]
Dear USER, you are Jaha.

sfggp04.gif

You are a dwarf, male warrior. Strong in attack and defense but can't always keep up with everyone else. Jaha starts with the Shining Force in the beginning. If he had a longer range of movement then he would be a worthwhile character to have.

During the night, you may respond to your RolePM with ##Night X: Sharing my armor with. You will lend a set of your spare armor to [uSER], allowing them to receive protection from one kill, beginning the following day. It takes time for them to alter the banding to fit a normal-sized person's body after all!

In short, you are the Two-shot Blacksmith.

-Sleepy. You'd rather snooze under a tree than work, and really don't have much enthusiasm towards your job. You like to pick fights, but are often too lazy to follow through with your words. Talk big.

[spoiler=Slade]
Dear USER, you are Slade.

sfggp08.gif

You are a human, male healer. Has weak defense, soso strength in attacks, and possesses healing magic. Joins the Shining Force while they pass through a town after the first two battles. When Sarah joins the Shining Force--drop this weakling for her!

During the night, you may respond to your RolePM with ##Night X: Teach [uSER] how to really heal. You will attempt to spend the night helping [uSER] control their magical powers and use it for effective and risk-free Healing. If successful, then [uSER] will be able to control their healing magic in a whole new way.

In short, you are the Certifier.

-Afraid of death. Your village was ransacked, and you're pretty timid due to it, so act the part of a nervous commoner.

[spoiler=Luke]
Dear USER, you are Luke.

sfggp07.gif

You are a human, male monk. Strong in attacks and defense. Also possesses the very helpful ability of healing magic. Starts with the Shining Force in the beginning. Don't trade him for anyone else, he's a must for your army! He gets stronger and stronger.

During the night, you may respond to your RolePM with ##Night X: Gotta cast Slow on [uSER]. You will cast your time-slowing magic on [uSER], giving you time to cure any physical harm dealt by an attack by reducing bloodflow and preventing bleedouts. However, if [uSER] wasn't actually attacked, their pulse will drop to unsafe numbers and they will die due to a lack of oxygen being received by their brain.

In short, you are the CPR Doctor.

-A pacifist. Despite being insanely powerful, you prefer to avoid conflict when possible. Remain calm and suggest negotiation type alternatives to violence.

[spoiler=Randolf]
Dear USER, you are Randolf.

sfggp14.gif

You are a centaur, male paladin. Very strong with attacks and defense. A must for your army. He joins the Shining Force in the battle going up the cliff towards Algam Fort. Randolf kicks so much ass.

During the night, you may respond to your RolePM with ##Night X: I've got a trained eye on [uSER]. You will focus your eyesight towards [uSER], but because of a recent war wound on your right eye, you will not be able to distinguish exactly who visits [uSER]. You will be able to tell what happens, however. Because you cannot keep from the front lines for very long, you may only perform this on Even nights (Night 2, 4, etc).

In short, you are the Even-Night Voyeur.

-You have been fighting on the front lines for a while. Refer to horror stories of lost comrades, exciting stories of days saved, and other common war-time stories you'd expect to hear from an older gentleman.

[spoiler=Rhode]
Dear USER, you are Rhode.

sfggp16.gif

You are a human, male gladiator. He's very strong and he has good defense. Another must for your army. He joins the Shining Force when they reach Algam fort. Rhode is as strong as Randolf. They both kick ass.

During the day, when the game is not in any *YLO (or variant), you may respond to your RolePM with ##Day X: It's you or me, [uSER]! You will lock [uSER] in a duel to the death, and lock your vote on [uSER]. [uSER] will also have their vote defaulted to you. Other players' votes will default to ##Vote No Lynch, and will only be allowed to vote for you or [uSER], resulting in either one of you being lynched, the other, or a no lynch if a tie should occur. This is too much for your old bones, and can only be done one time.

In short, you are the One-shot Gladiator.

-You are recalling classic dwarven lore and folktale, wanting to engage in battle to prove your strength, or interested in downing a tall mug of the best Ale coin can buy.

[spoiler=Gyan]
Dear USER, you are Gyan.

sfggp24.gif

You are a dogman, male fighter. He's strong in strength in defense. Gyan is one of the few survivors of Nick's army. He joins you before the battle with Iom's Statue that shoots beams of fire. Gyan rules! He's such an original character. No other Shining Force has a dog-like kung fu fighter like Gyan.

During the night, you may respond to your RolePM with ##Night X: Take [uSER] down. If you are killed, [uSER] will also die.

In short, you are the Hunter.

-Absolute humourless service towards Cypress. You are part dog though, and do occassionally find yourself exhibiting stereotypical dog like behavior, like howling at the full moon, and wagging your tail when you get excited.

[spoiler=Eric]
Dear USER, you are Eric.

You are a centaur, male knight. A well-balanced soldier for the front lines. Starts with the Shining Force in the beginning. Eric has a tendency to have to grow physically stronger Dawn. I don't like him that much because his nose bothers me. Look at it! It's so weird! It's scary!!

sfggp05.gif

During the night, you may respond to your RolePM with ##Night X: Convince people to slack off and play like [PR]. You will convince anyone who visits you that (s)he should take a break, and let their true colors come out. You can force a new post restriction onto said player by specifying in the [PR] area. You may reset this once per night, but its effect will remain constant no matter what you set [PR] as.

You may also post during the night.

In short, you are the Insomniac Reflexive PR-Enabler

-You are lazy, and hate your job. You take pride in being a guard, but you don't have much enthusiasm towards bettering yourself, so just act like you don't care too much.

[spoiler=Claude]
Dear USER, you are Claude.

sfggp11.gif

You are a bird-man bird battler. Pretty strong with attacks but doesn't have good defense. This character's biggest advantage is it's ability to fly. He joins the Shining Force after their battle on the ship. Claude is so strong compared to birdmen in other Shining Force games. So that makes him special.

During the night, you may respond to your RolePM with ##Night X: Fly over to [uSER]. You will fly towards [uSER], and engage in conversation with them. [uSER] will know that you are conversing with them. You and [uSER] may communicate only in a chatroom provided to you by the host via URL link. This communication will only last for the duration of the next day phase.

In short, you are the Neighborizer.

-Elite. You're aerial combat is impressive, and hell, you can fly. Flying units always dominate, and you are well aware of this. Try to come off as cocky.

[spoiler=Graham]
Dear USER, you are Graham.

sfggp09.gif

You are a centaur, male ranger. Pretty strong with attacks and has soso defense. Joins the Shining Force after he shoots the gargoyle escaping with the Sword of Hajya. Tends to have stronger defense than Chester.

During the night, you may respond to your RolePM with ##Night X: Something isn't right with [Alliance], where [Alliance] is your choice of the Mafia or Cult. You will be able to detect how many living players are aligned with the mafia or cult. Also, because you were voluntarily recruited by an enemy once, and absolutely hated it, you have stronger willpower than you realize, and are determined to never sway alignments again under any circumstances.

In short, you are the Cultproof Numbers Checker.

-You are the indirect source of the war, stealing the Sword of Hajya from Cypress in order to save your village from doom. You've apologized for your actions but still feel remorse. Post as if you regret your actions, and wish you were stronger and more capable.

[spoiler=Graham]
Dear USER, you are Chester.

sfggp10.gif

You are a human, male ranger. Pretty strong with attacks and has soso defense. Joins the Shining Force after Gordon leaves the throne room after he tells the Shining Force that the king was sacrificed to Iom. Chester tends to have stronger attacks than Graham.

During the night, you may respond to your RolePM with ##Night X: My elven eyes can keep an eye on you, [uSER]. You will maintain focus on [uSER] throughout the night with incredible diligence, and while hiding in the trees, will be able to spot anyone that visits [uSER]. You must spend time crafting new arrows for your bow however, and thus may only perform this action on Odd nights (Night 1, 3, 5, etc).

In short, you are the Odd-night Watcher.

-You are after vengeance for losing your king. Post as if you are upset and holding back tears of sadness and regret for not being able to save your king.

[spoiler=Dawn]
Dear USER, you are Dawn.

sfggp06.gif

You are a centaur, female knight. A well-balanced soldier for the front lines. Starts with the Shining Force in the beginning. Dawn has a tendency to have to have better defense than Eric. I like Dawn but I go for Eric since he's stronger.

During the night, you may respond to your RolePM with ##Night X: Strike [uSER] with my lance. You will charge towards [uSER] with such force, that contact with your lance will knock them to their knees, preventing them from performing their action.

In short, you are the Roleblocker.

-Diligent and proud of your duty. Smack lax partners in the back of their heads, and insist that town follow its leader (whomever it may be, as it isn't you, since you're the guard to the leader).

[spoiler=Mayfair]
Dear USER, you are Mayfair.

sfggp19.gif

You are the woman that plays priest throughout the whole game. Except when the Shining Force is split up temporarily during the middle of the game. When you're at camp she can do all the things that priests do for you, use all the item features (use, give, etc.), and change characters in your army. She plays a major role in the storyline. During most of the scenes between battles, she does most of the talking.

During the night, you may respond to your RolePM with ##Night X: Holy crest of Cypress, protect [uSER] with a glowing flash. You will shroud [uSER] with a bright yellow glow, which will prevent nonhostile actions from successfully being able to target [uSER]. Any killing actions will be performed with such conviction that they will still be successful, even with your mighty protection.

In short, you are the Safeguard.

-Advising the rest of the team as to what they should do, and correcting behavior that isn't useful towards moving forward with your goals.

[spoiler=May]
Dear USER, you are May.

sfggp02.gif

You are a half-breed, female mage. Weak in strength and defense but has a nice collection of attack magic. Joins the Shining Force after the battle in the wrecked throne room. Learns stronger Freeze spells faster than Natasha. You're gonna love this mage, she learns the very powerful Level 3 Freeze quite early in the game when she reaches level 7. So that makes May awesome!! She kicks some major ass!

Once during the night, you may respond to your RolePM with ##Night X: Dynast magic, animate [uSER]. You will cast a spell with such incredible unholy might that it will restore life to the body of any dead [uSER]. This will not last for long, as once the moon appears, all power with this spell will be lost, and you only possess the alchemic components to perform this spell one time. [uSER] may post freely for the following Day phase, but cannot vote.

Also, if you were to be killed, you may continue to post for the following day phase. You will not be able to vote.

In short, you are the Shaman.

-An ambassador of a foreign nation; calm and polite and proper.

[spoiler=Barbara]Dear USER, you are Barbara.

sfggp20.gif

You are Barbara, an Iom general. She's quite an annoying villain. You have to fight her when you reach Iom's Shrine. She hates Solo with a passion. She's so evil. She's a slutty whore too! Barbara, you slutty whore!! Slutty slutty WHORE!!!

You are protected by a magical barrier that prevents normal entry and exit, and any abilities that target you, other than killing actions, will fail instantly.

During the night, you may reveal yourself from your Ascetic protection barrier and respond to your RolePM with one of the following self-enchantments:
##Night X: Magical Aura of Mist. You will shroud your factional kill target in a misty aura, preventing their corpse from ever being seen again.
##Night X: Magical Aura of Speed. You will shroud yourself in an aura which will allow you to carry out your factional kill with incredible speed. You will not be able to be spotted in any way while performing your factional kill
##Night X: Magical Aura of Power. You will shroud yourself with a powerful aura which will increase your physical strength momentarily by such a large amount, that no amount of energy will be able to prevent you from carrying out your factional kill.
These enchantments can only work on you.

In short, you are the Ascetic / Killer of All Trades, featuring one use of each of the following at the expense of your Ascetic protection:

• Janitor

• Ninja

• Strongkill

http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/TvLgvnMachzbD

[spoiler=Gordon]
Dear USER, you are Gordon

You are this creepy-looking guy with huge eyes. He took the form of the king after the king was sacrificed to Iom. When the Shining Force arrives to the castle, he reveals his true form and confesses to his crimes before he escapes leaving the castle in rubble. His eyes look so creepy!

During the night, you may respond to your RolePM with one of the following:
##Night X: Crystal Ball, show me [uSER]. You will learn any special abilities that [uSER] is capable of.
##Night X: Disguise [uSER] as one of us. You will cause [uSER] to appear aligned with Iom for this immediate night. This will only last for one night.

In short, you are the Framer, as well as the Role Cop.

[spoiler=Solo]
Dear USER, you are Solo.

sfggp21.gif

You are is in charge of all the evil soldiers in Algam Fort. You have to fight him when you reach Iom Castle. Bleh! He's so ugly and scary. He looks like he's dead. He doesn't like Barbara too much. Ahh! He's so ugly and scary!!

During the night, you may respond to your RolePM with ##Night X: Force [uSER] down. You will cause [uSER] to be held down against the ground, which will prevent any of their actions from occurring.

Also, only once, you may respond to your RolePM with ##Night X: Unholy army, bring me [uSER] from the grave. Unleash his powers onto the enemy! You will send your undead army to recover dead [uSER] from his/her grave, and will be allowed to immediately use their ability as if it were your own. Be warned, that if [uSER] had reached the limit of any amount of uses for any actions that they could perform, that you will not see those actions restored for your use. You cannot use this ability to copy abilities that would kill, as they are too powerful for your undead horde to return to you safely.

In short, you are the Roleblocker, as well as the 1x Graverobber.

[spoiler=Warderer]
Dear USER, you are Warderer

sfggp12.gif

You are the evil bulldog-looking villain, he is Iom's right hand man and he enforces the mighty Iom's commands to his evil minions of darkness. Even though he's one of the major villains, he doesn't seem to do much. All he does is ramble on about Iom and command his minions to do his bidding. What a lazy villain. Shame on you, Warderer! Get off your lazy ass and do something about the meddling Shining Force!

During the night, you may respond to your RolePM with one of the following:
##Night X: Minions, point [uSER1] at [uSER2] quickly. You will force actions set to target someone specific made by [uSER1] to target [uSER2] instead.
##Night X: Minions, follow [uSER]. You will send a lesser minion to follow [uSER], learning who they target with any active ability. Should [uSER] idle their action, or not have an active ability, you will receive results indicating “visited no one”.
##Night X: Minions, spy on [uSER]. You will learn if [uSER] performed an action or not. If [uSER] does not have an active ability, or idle's their ability, you will receive results indicating “did nothing.”
##Night X: Dark Forces, forge a mental bond with [uSER]. You will engage user in a telepathic communication with [uSER] via a bond which will last until one of you dies. You may communicate anonymously in the link below. You may reveal your identity if you so desire (yes, that means you can claim to be any player you wish, including yourself).
http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/rcGpBTmceKQnC

In short, you are the Jack of All Trades, featuring one use of each of the following:

• Hijacker

• Tracker

• Reporter

• Permanent Anonymous Neighborizer

Mafia Fakes:

[spoiler=Deanna]
Dear USER, you are Deanna

sfggp01.gif

You are a human, male swordsman. The leader of the Shining Force. He's strong and has good defense. Towards the end of the game, he learns some Bolt magic. Like every other main character in a Shining Force game, Deanna grows to be one of your strongest and most efficient fighters.

During the night, you may respond to your RolePM with ##Night X: ___. You will ___.

In short, you are the ___

-You are unsure of what's exactly going on. You're recovering from amnesia, and while blindly loyal to your side, just ask why. That, or be the typical Silent-Protagonist.

[spoiler=Natasha]
Dear USER, you are Natasha.

sfggp03.gif

You are a human, female mage. Weak in strength and defense but has a nice collection of attack magic. Starts with the Shining Force in the beginning. Learns stronger Blaze spells faster than May. I like Natasha. She's so cute! It's useful for her to have the Egress spell too.

During the night, you may respond to your RolePM with ##Night X: __. You will __.

In short, you are the __.

-You're a forlorn lover of any particular male lead. Be cute, adorable, and show affection because you really are a kind girl who just wants love and happiness and moe goodness.

[spoiler=Sarah]
Dear USER, you are Sarah.

sfggp15.gif

You are a half-breed, female priest. She is the only priest in the game possessing the very useful Aura spell which heals multiple characters at once. She is a must for your army. At first she takes Mayfair's place for Natasha and her army but after they rescue Deanna and his army from the volcanic cave, she joins the Shining Force.

During the night, you may respond to your RolePM with ##Night X: __. You will ___.

In short, you are the __.

-Kind, supportive and reassuring. You have a glaring optimism that restores morale simply by existing. Be kinda cutesy, since people are always happier around you.

[spoiler=Higins]
Dear USER, you are Higins.

sfggp17.gif

You are a human, male ninja. He's pretty strong and has good defense. Higins also learns some attack magic. He's a secret character.

During the night, you may respond to your RolePM with ##Night X: __. You will ___.

In short, you are the ___.

-A short, curt ninja. You aren't much of a conversationalist, so keep your posts short and infrequent, but include as much key info without posting fluff. You only speak what matters.

[spoiler=Merchant]
Dear USER, you are The Merchant.

sfggp18.gif

You are the ever-so-famous merchant. His role in the story is to sell you items and weapons; fix broken rings and weapons; and buy items or weapons that you want to sell for a profit. He pays you quite a bundle for rare items and weapons. And he sure looks like he's stoned right now. It looks like he's staring into space and watching all the pretty colors. He probably gets high off all those medical herbs.

During the night, you may respond to your RolePM with ##Night X: Announce my DEALS like this! [MSG]. You may post up to 500 words in your [MSG], and this will be posted at the beginning of each day phase anonymously.
During the night, you may also respond to your RolePM with ##Night X: Submit forms for [uSER]. You will recruit [uSER] into your The Merchant Guild, thus increasing the members you may interact with and communicate with. You may communicate with members of The Merchant Guild in the link below.
http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/iRd83UPKNSHDM
If you are ever investigated, your alliance will be displayed as that of the town, and your role will be displayed as simply being an announcer.
Also, because you are just a merchant, no one will suspect you of being up to no good, and thus, any attempts to determine what you are doing by targeting you will inevitably bring results which feature nothing out of the ordinary of a common merchant such as yourself. What do they know? They're not merchants, they're warriors!
Need more power? Your first recruit will inherit your guild, should you die! (S)he will not inherit your recruitment ability, however. Also, your guild can never have more than 4 members, including yourself, at any point.

In short, you are the Godfather Ninja Cult Leader Announcer.

-Trying to just be helpful and offering your services.

You are aligned with The Merchant Guild. You win when The Merchant Guild includes enough members to equate to 50% or more of the total amount of living players.

Haha.

Between the GY and SB's postgame on certain players I've said most of what I want to (OK I lied I do have more to say on them but I'm rather not get warned), except.

Levity's lynch was not that bad, it was merely the proverbial straw and most of the weight came from Define/Blackberry being obnoxious on D1. I thought I was over it but the frustration ended up boiling over, so I'm sorry for that. I know it's hard to come up with good ML pushes when you're anti-town so I forgive Paper but Shinori can fuck right off.

GJ BBM/Refa, but next time you argue with me on anything I'm going to assume I'm right and you're scum pushing your own agenda and death-tunnel you. :Kent::Sain:

Edited by Baldrick

The strongest case on BBM is that he suspected Carnival all D1 but never joined the wagon when he easily could have so that by the time consolidation was a thing it was too late to turn it into a serious push. Unfortunately this never really occurred to me until I had the power of hindsight.

The second strongest was that he never got NKed.

I feel like BBM is legit scarier as scum than as town at this point.

Edited by Prims

I didn't feel like Refa was towny or anything. I feel like all of the mislynches bar the August one(and its only because town got fooled by cop scan) were dumb. There was possibility for a Mythic case if town didn't spend time on textbook scumtells and what not.

BBM was a pro though. I thought he was town until I got spoiled in the GY.

Like I said, there were passing mentions of Refa being suspicious but nobody actually got around to casing or voting him, so I think he did well enough in that regard (kinda like Shin in Semi-Precious, I guess.)

Yeah I sucked in this game. I knew I would be pretty bad the first day, but I hoped I could increase activity day 2. And I just couldn't. Ah well I didn't hurt the slot too much given that it took a night 3 vig to kill it. But still GG.

Should add that an Honorable Mention for Town MVP goes to Marth, for having solid play when he was actually playing, and for hooking scum every time he submitted an action.

(THough the spreadsheet indicates that).

I think Junko deserves an honourable mention. Your D1 was a little weak, but your reads were decent throughout. What you need to work on is articulating yourself better (I have no idea why your first few D1 posts were formatted so terribly; that made it even worse) and having more conviction. Push your reads harder rather than stating them and letting other people control the game state.

cam for most gullible >_>

i figured that mythic was scum but i was townreading equality for the majority of the game

do i get an award for best rp at least

Edited by CT075

I deserve an award for best avatar/title combinations.

GJ BBM/Refa, but next time you argue with me on anything I'm going to assume I'm right and you're scum pushing your own agenda and death-tunnel you. :Kent::Sain:

But I only get deathtunneled as town.

I didn't feel like Refa was towny or anything. I feel like all of the mislynches bar the August one(and its only because town got fooled by cop scan) were dumb. There was possibility for a Mythic case if town didn't spend time on textbook scumtells and what not.

I feel like that applies to all of my games though, and not just my scum ones. Er, the first part.