Training Filler - Game Over

Grace

@ Eury and j00: I think it's wrong to treat this as if it didn't matter. It's something that doesn't concern Makaze only, because it can hurt people around him depending on what he does.

It's not a matter of whether it's right or wrong to treat someone a certain manner, but of what the action you have in mind will achieve. Would Makaze change after not being allowed to play mafia games? I think it would only make matters worse.

I didn't treat it "as if it didn't matter" at all. As you can see below, the bolded + underlined parts highlighted my thoughts on both ends on said issue. (Plus, if I REALLY didn't think it mattered, then I would've probably never said anything to begin with.)

Imo, Makaze has the gameplay and overall feel of the Mafia games. In terms of experience/what he can offer to games, I honestly see no reason to ban him out of games because of an aspect in his PERSONAL life.

**Sure, the vast majority of us may or may not have issues with it, but Mafia games aren't meant to be reforms of any sort or filters to "only allow X types of people to exist/play in said games". Unless his personal preference BLEEDS over into gameplay (IE. [Please do not take offense to this, Makaze, as I personally have no idea of your preferences/habits/etc. IRL] He goes off on comments wrt flavor in characters in whether he likes/doesn't like them, and/or says comments that may be over the line towards some specific players that fall under his "preferred" category.), I don't see how it should influence how he performs in Mafia games, nor do I think it should affect whether someone does or doesn't let them in.

Yes, if/when you host your own games, you're more than capable of letting in/keeping out who you want to do at your discretion, and that's fine. I just think it's a bit wonky to bar someone for something that's not in-game REASONS (IE. Prone to being inactive, not-so-great player as a whole, plays completely against their wincons, etc.), especially if/when there's no real conflict with the IRL concerns (which falls upon Makaze to keep himself in line and/or refrain from saying/doing any sort of inappropriate behavior that anyone/everyone else generally wouldn't do).

[TL;DR: I believe Makaze was good Mafia player from this game alone, and I'd personally like to see him in more Mafia games. I can't say that I know him personally, but isolating/rejecting people based solely on what happens behind their personal life (as long as it doesn't become a detriment to said game(s)) and/or preferences feels pretty shallow to me. Sorry if this comes off badly to you, Prims, but I don't see what's to gain by kicking out a potentially good Mafia player based on that.]

1. If it doesn't interfere with gameplay itself, along with how he interacts with the players, then there should be NO issue with him participating in Mafia games.

2. If he harms someone in a game, then yeah, something's wrong. NO ONE should let their IRL or anything on their end negatively affect anyone else during a Mafia game. This applies to EVERYONE, not just to him. Common decency and respect for the rest of the people here and elsewhere = to be expected and ask of from everyone.

This issue actually has absolutely no effect on my actions in any way shape or form. I am pan/bi+demi sexual. I have been attracted to people of all types, but I have high standards for all of them, including children. Naíveté turns me off. As a result, I am decidedly not attracted to the vast majority of young people. Who I find beautiful has extremely little bearing on who I pursue.

For those of you with problems, I currently have a lover that is my age, and I find them extremely attractive. I have no intention of going after people who are not mature enough to handle me at any age. My 'pedophilia' ends at my having a natural attraction to a certain body type, among many body types. That should be the end of it.

The fact that I have to explicitly mention that this view exists for people to realize it does should say something.

If it doesn't hurt people I don't care about it.

I know that there are people who think/act like that.

^ is basically what I'm getting at. He's not going around harassing random younger players on the forums (young enough to fall under the "pedo" category), and he's not being obscene or otherwise out of line with his preferences and/or letting that affect Mafia gameplay. Therefore, I see no reason for this to be used against him in terms of whether he's accepted or not into a Mafia game, aside from possible personal bias on the host's part (whether it's true or not, idk. I don't know Prims well enough to verify either way.).

And even if there IS personal bias, if the person isn't going to antagonize the host/player intentionally (and vice versa), just because you may not like them doesn't mean they're not a good player in themselves (and if you're hosting VS. actually playing with them, you also don't need to directly interact with them unless there's questions via PMs...?), nor does it make them someone "not worthy to play/participate in these forum games". Just the way I see things.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enough of this. If anyone wants to discuss someone's private life, they are free to do so via PM etc., but HQ, GD and game threads are not the right place for that kind of thing. It is up to a game's hosts' discretion whether they want to allow someone to participate in their game or not, and I expect everyone else to accept those decisions. If you absolutely don't want to play with someone and a host accepts that person's sign-up, nobody is forcing you to join that game yourself.

IE. He goes off on comments wrt flavor in characters in whether he likes/doesn't like them,

my initial impression of him was a (non-mafia) scenario where he did this

basically if you have weird fetishes then keep it in your pants. if you dont then dont be surprised when people are creeped out by you talking about wanting to fuck somebody in their early teens or whatever

didnt mean to start a huge argument though so whatever bye

Edited by Prims