FE7x: Immortal Sword - Part One Complete

BwdYeti

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B- If you have both the .NET and XNA frameworks, and are on a PC, then I don't know how to help you! If you're on a Mac, then you need the Monogame framework installed.

Hi! I downloaded this last week, and finished up to chapter 2, but I got worried after I noticed that it jumped from chapter 2 to 5. I'm still playing it anyways, though. You guys have done an AMAZING job with this.

So...I don't want to sound like a nerd, but could you make Edeilesse playable? I remember her saying those things about her sister, and I got some flashbacks to Duessel fighting Selena in Sacred Stones. Call me a monster, but I love situations like that. Eh, maybe it wouldn't make sense with the plot, but I still think it would be really cool if there was some dude that you get in an earlier chapter that apprenticed under her (or something), and when you make him fight her, he brings her down to one health and there's a dialogue between the two about how she should ditch her pride for once because he doesn't want her to die. I'd also be really interested to see her supports with the other characters.

Uhhhh... Wow. I didn't even realize how long I went on there. Sorry about that. XD Don't worry, though. This isn't a gripe or anything. Far from it.

Keep up the good work!

Edited by Mighty Minotaur

Are grey/purple(?) units supposed to pass through blue units? In chapter 7, I had a bandit move onto Uther's tile, which was a village that he was dutifully guarding, and I found that very rude. It also made moving Uther a tad irritating because of occupying the same tile as a bandit and all.

Oops. Ah well, thanks for the info!

I told you, man.

You didn't believe me.

Are grey/purple(?) units supposed to pass through blue units? In chapter 7, I had a bandit move onto Uther's tile, which was a village that he was dutifully guarding, and I found that very rude. It also made moving Uther a tad irritating because of occupying the same tile as a bandit and all.

B- that IS rude, and definitely against our code of conduct. I'll make sure yeti knows about it

I told you, man.

You didn't believe me.

Yeah... I'm sorry. I really am. I should have taken your word on it, but I really felt like I should double-check. She was one of my fav. characters from the game (so far). And no, it's not because she was sexy. XD

I apologize for being a noob, as I'm not that experienced with forum'ing (if thats even a term)

(also also, I hope this doesn't count as necroposting. If it does, I'm sorry.)

Edited by Mighty Minotaur

I'm incredibly late to the party on trying out the demo for Uther's chapters, but I wanted to drop in for something I noticed during my current first run.

I'm on Chapter 7, and in lieu of putting Uther in position to be ganged to death on my first try, I used an Angelic Robe on him just before the battle started (where he likely pre-obtained the status "Drunk"). To be more precise, I used it after watching the first Fortune telling cutscene. Now that I have entered battle, however, Uther is no longer Drunk during the stage after having used the item in the camp menu.

It's a strange/interesting touch if intentional by design, but I figured I'd give heads up on this if it wasn't. It could be a possible conundrum to fix coding wise, depending on how stubborn flags are for the Drunk status, although I certainly won't claim to know much there. :P

Edited by Renwar

Hey!

Is there a way to speed up animations? I want to see them, but I don't like waiting through them all of the time. Normally on GBA hacks, I just fast forward through them but still watch them.

There's no turbo.

If you press start during an animation, it will skip that animation. If you hold it for a second it during a non-player phase, it will skip that phase.

Edited by deranger

GpVxIKc.pngR4GYZrX.png

Sure is nice to know how you're doing midchapter, and not only ever when you're already done and can't change anything

(Also just finished creating hard mode versions of all the chapters \'3'/ )

A system like awakening where you can skip animations with the press of a button without having to completely turn off animation would be great.

You can hold the next unit button (L) while a battle starts to toggle animation mode for that battle, just like in FE13. You can also skip battles with Start/Enter, as well as AI turns.

I used an Angelic Robe on him just before the battle started ... however, Uther is no longer Drunk

pfffff

After using items in preparations it would fully heal them, in case they gained hp. The full heal method also restores status to normal :Y

Edited by BwdYeti

• 2 weeks later...

vcEPO3b.pngra7z7n9.png

Hey, here's a new demo

Lots of features that weren't ready for the last version, more balance changes, and bug fixes. Maybe even a new character?????

Most importantly though, is hard mode for the rest of Uther's chapters, as well as rebalancing hard mode in the first few chapters. I'm very interested to see how hard mode is working out and how the difficulty feels, on its own and compared to normal mode. So please try it out, and post any feedback you think of.

Also there won't be another new version for a while, other than small updates with fixes, because I'm switching focus to the FEXNA beta. So I guess keep an eye out for news on that idk

Edited by BwdYeti

New demo..?

Just what I needed to get back into this! I sorta lost motivation at the mid point last time when all of my units got RNG screwed. Uther was a wall of red stats at level 10, and when you need effective weapons to do more than a few points of damage, you know something's gone horribly wrong. Seriously, the only (slightly) green stats on my party were defence on Madelyn and luck on Toni. Everything else was either orange or bright red, which kinda kills enthusiasm when you need four characters to kill one target.

Time to start over! Maybe this time I can actually see where the story goes...

(Anna, try that garbage on me again and I'm boycotting your store.)