FRLG tier list

MacLovin

Oh yes I did.

Trade evolutions are not considered, but ingame trades are!

Rarity does not effect anything, only availibility.

Top:

Squirtle

High:

Charmander

NidoranM

Jynx

Bylbasaur

NidoranF

Staryu?

Snorlax

Mankey

Zapdos

Mr. Mime

Diglett

Mid Hi:

Pikachu

Articuno

Rattata

Spearow

Doduo

Lapras

Sandshrew

Clefairy

Abra

Mid:

Magnemite

Gastly

Vaporeon

Tentacool

Drowzee

Slowpoke

Geodude

Machop

Growlithe

Poliwag

Psyduck

Shellder

Horsea

Electabuzz

Magmar

Jolteon

Voltorb

Meowth

Seel

Cubone

Mid Lo:

Pidgey

Zubat

Flareon

Ponyta

Vulpix

Hitmonlee

Hitmonchan

Tauros

Kangaskahn

Pinsir

Scyther

Oddish

Bellsprout

Caterpie

Goldeen

Eggcecute

Tangela

Farfetch'd

Lo:

Moltres

Krabby

Magikarp

Bottom:

Koffing

Jigglypuff

Ekans

Venonat

Paras

Rhyhorn

Grimer

Weedle

Crap:

Onix

Ditto

Chansey

Porygon

Fossils

Aerodactyle

Omantye

Kabuto

Does not exist:

Mew

Shin tier

Missingno

I don't know where the isles Mons go...

Rip me to shreds

Edited by Lowen

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Squirtle should perhaps be a tier below Bulbasaur, since Bulbasaur could pretty much solo most of the game. Squirtle has problems against the likes of Misty and Surge while Bulba only really has lolBlaine.

Charmander should not be in the same tier as the likes of the Royals, their court Wizard and the starfish Jester, or their wild and stalwart Bodyguards. Top of upper mid at best.

Am I the only one dissapointedwith Zapdos's performance in this game? Due to starting with just Thundershock and it's meh Sp Atk, your only real choice would be to save Thunderbolt for all that time. Otherwise it just has Drill Peck.

Moltres in bottom? This isn't gen 1. It has no right being below garbage like Slowpoke or even Goldeen.

Squirtle should perhaps be a tier below Bulbasaur, since Bulbasaur could pretty much solo most of the game. Squirtle has problems against the likes of Misty and Surge while Bulba only really has lolBlaine.

Charmander should not be in the same tier as the likes of the Royals, their court Wizard and the starfish Jester, or their wild and stalwart Bodyguards. Top of upper mid at best.

Am I the only one dissapointedwith Zapdos's performance in this game? Due to starting with just Thundershock and it's meh Sp Atk, your only real choice would be to save Thunderbolt for all that time. Otherwise it just has Drill Peck.

Moltres in bottom? This isn't gen 1. It has no right being below garbage like Slowpoke or even Goldeen.

Squirtle can learn bite and dig.

It can solo the game.

Charmander gets Flamethrower at lvl 34, and has like 110 sp att.

Zapdos down, anyone else object

Moltres comes too late, we have access to many other fire types by then, and its like Charizard-but comes late.

Slowpoke comes a wee bit late, but is a good mon. Psychic/Surf/IB/CM/Flamethrower/SBall/BB and it can go mixed.

Goldeen is touchy, can someone enlighten me on its uses?

Bellsprout way up, it comes at a point in the game where it kills two gyms fairly easily and also beats down all the rocks in Rock Tunnel. It should be on top of high in my opinion.

Uhh, lets see.

Vs Misty, it does well

Vs Surge its average->meh

Also, Oddish and Bulbasaur can do the same things.

And then it slows down, against Koga its mediocre, Blaine Rapes it, and Sabrina too. Giovanni gets raped by any grass/water so he's nil. Against the e4 its mediocre, due to average to low def/sp def.

Stones are buyable, so it can evolve whenever it wants after Rock tunnel.

Edited by The Insane One

Charmander gets Flamethrower at lvl 34, and has like 110 sp att.

Sounds to be a rather long time to be working with Ember for STAB...

Also, what's the stance on trade evolutions his time?

Edited by Metal King Slime

IMO Squirtle > Bulbasaur.

Bulbasaur has to wait until lv. 10 for Vine Whip, without which it cannot defeat Brock's Pokemon. Squirtle gets Bubble at lv. 7. Bulbasaur is also stuck with Vine Whip until lv. 22, and Razor Leaf is no longer the auto-crit it used to be in gen 1. It gets Giga Drain when you beat Erika, but with 5 PP and base power only 5 points higher than Razor Leaf, its offence is nothing impressive. Sludge Bomb might seem like a good STAB, but it's unavailable until postgame.

Bulbasaur has a subpar earlygame as it needs to grind for Brock, runs out of Vine Whip PP too easily in dungeons, an okay midgame when it learns Razor Leaf and evolves, and is really not worth training for the E4, because Lorelei's Pokemon survive its attacks and threaten with their own super-effective moves (which are way more powerful than Giga Drain).

If you ask me, Bulbasaur shouldn't be top tier at all - it's about as good as Charmander as a starter, and noticeably worse than Squirtle.

Weedle, is good early-midgame for a filler.

Caterpie....yeah, I'll switch them.

Squirtle up, Bulba down.

How about Voltorb up, some of the e4 mons are fast, and stab TB off of 140 speed should outrun a lot of shit.

To be honest, I actually think Weedle could drop to bottom, since its movepool sucks pretty badly.

Just at a glance...

Squirtle above Bulba, no doubt. Squirtle has dig and bite for Surge and Misty, while Bulba has to deal with Sabrina, Koga and Blaine. I honestly think Bulba is probably worse then Charmander.

Staryu should go up. Stones and boltbeam are both purchasable, and of course surf. Mr. Mime seems pretty meh to be so high.

Birds should probably go down to mid because of availability.

Jolteon is stupidly low when it can evolve instantly and thunderbolt can be bought.

Squirtle above Bulba, no doubt. Squirtle has dig and bite for Surge and Misty, while Bulba has to deal with Sabrina, Koga and Blaine. I honestly think Bulba is probably worse then Charmander.

I dunno about you, but I wouldn't count on having Bite for Misty. And I'm not seeing Charmander as better than Bulbasaur when Charmander's just... not that good gym wise (it's only really good against Erika), and it's stuck with Ember for STAB until level 34. I can agree with Squirtle > Bulbasaur, however.

A) Beedrill is pretty much useless scrub so weedle can go scupadiving

B) Squirtle > Bulba IMO

C) I would go as far as say both royals above bulba and Charmy-boy. Both of them are crippled by bad early/mid movepool while Royals are just awesome all the way.

D) Why is Zapdos above Snorlax again? Chubby is just awesome offensively and comes earlier

E) I like trains

F) Correct me if Im wrong but doesn't magnemite have same availability as Zapdos? Why is it above Zappy? Dragon Resist for for srubnairs/nite?

G) Moltres is like Charizard without having to bother train its ass up, bad midgame movepool and oportunity cost caused by why would I ever choose charmy-boy over turtles?

Edited by Sho.M.the.Pinkie.Pie

A) Beedrill is pretty much useless scrub so weedle can go scupadiving

I wanna say Twinneedle saves it and that it's good early...but that doesn't really help, does it?

C) I would go as far as say both royals above bulba and Charmy-boy. Both of them are crippled by bad early/mid movepool while Royals are just awesome all the way.

Really, Double Kick as early as they show up when everyone is still using rocks and normals is what makes them more awesome than Charmander's dumbass. Fantastic movepools too.

F) Correct me if Im wrong but doesn't magnemite have same availability as Zapdos? Why is it above Zappy? Dragon Resist for for srubnairs/nite?

Don't forget resistance to Lorelei's garbage instead of being weak to Ice, and can hit Lorelei back hard since most of her mons are part water.

G) Moltres is like Charizard without having to bother train its ass up, bad midgame movepool and oportunity cost caused by why would I ever choose charmy-boy over turtles?

Was how I was trying to put it, but he beat me to the punch.

I dunno about you, but I wouldn't count on having Bite for Misty. And I'm not seeing Charmander as better than Bulbasaur when Charmander's just... not that good gym wise (it's only really good against Erika), and it's stuck with Ember for STAB until level 34. I can agree with Squirtle > Bulbasaur, however.

Charmander also gets Mega Punch.

Also he's not quite screwed over by rock types because of Metal Claw upon evolution.

Edited by dondon151

Charmander also gets Mega Punch.

Also he's not quite screwed over by rock types because of Metal Claw upon evolution.

Well, derp.

As for Metal Claw, true, but Geodudes and Gravelers aren't the types of mons you want to keep alive for more than a turn, or else...... KABOOM!!!

Ok

Squirtle to top

Bulba down

Moltres up a little

Char down

Weedle down/caterpie up

Ok, how about Poliwag, water absorb and Poliwraths bulkiness+bulk upped BB against Lorelei and Brunos Onix(s). Poliwrath could rise over Vaporeon....

I think all the Eeeveelutions have their merits. Even Flareon is great if you get it, assuming that you can afford Flamethrower for it. This destroys Erika's gym and gives it a solid STAB that lasts the entire game. It also has the combination of a high physical attack stat and a very good special defence, making it a good chance for facing Psychic-types. It's Flareon who often ends up beating Sabrina on my runs, after I teach it Shadow Ball.

I think Vap, Flareon and Jolteon are about as good. Jolteon has less coverage than the other two, but excessive speed, and weakness to electric is one of the few important ones in Kanto.

Edited by Espinosa