6th Gen Rumour Compilation

Randoman

I thought we could use a place where we compile all 6th Gen Pokemon rumours we can find.

To start with, I found these two complete 6th Gen Pokemon lists. I'm not sure if you guys deem them feasible or not (though I'd say the 2nd one is more believable between the two).

I also remember hearing rumours about the Fairy type being super effective against dark, fighting, and dragon and not very effective against fire. It's weak against poison and immune to dragon type moves. There was more but I forgot it. If only I could find the source...

There was also that one source that said there's a fighting type Pokemon that becomes part dark when levelling up with a dark type on the team. That same source said that there's a Pokemon that evolves by levelling it up while holding the 3DS upside down. Seeing how Pancham and Inkay, respectively, fit those descriptions rather well, I'm thinking that source seems reliable enough.

Yeah I think this is pretty reliable, I heard about the starters final typing as Vash said. Also, the pokemons look awesome, for now, I want to see them finished and cast a vote in favor of any of the two versions.

The spirit girl/princess/queen looks good, dat fairy/ghost

The demon lord vs the goddess, this is a tough one, but I must see pics to be inspired.

Also Silver knight>Bronze knight. By that reasoning, I'll choose Y, because wynaut.

I'm pretty excited about 6th gen, thanks for the info Rando :awesome:

edit: also, dracoeevee>faireevee. Sylveon looks silly

edit2: and holy shit, spritzee evolves to a flamingo! this is amazing, let's peck dat cotton dawg, lawl

Edited by Quintessence

Lists are fun and all but can anyone point me a Gen 5 list that was even close to accurate. As much as I'd like a Fire/Dragon pseudo legendary, a Fire/Poison manticore or a Water/Fighting ninja frog I highly doubt neither of them are going to happen since they just feel like glorified wishlists besides Water/Electric storm frog is where it's at.

At least some of the other confirmed rumors had a bit more details about them, even when they were really funky looking.

Edited by Woodshooter

I wish those lists had pictures to go with them; I like the way they're described, so I hope that most of the ones on the list are real!

And is it true that we get to ride a rhyhorn on mountainous terrain?

There was this theory about a train track on the right side of the Kalos map and that it could lead to Unova and/or the other regions of the Pokemon world.

Lists are fun and all but can anyone point me a Gen 5 list that was even close to accurate.

Well, this 6th gen rumour list is getting more accurate as time passes, especially since it was confirmed a couple of days ago that you can get 1st Gen starters from a professor. They were right about Pancham, Inkay, and Fairy Kiss so far. I wouldn't be suprised if everything on that particular rumour list became true.

I meant a whole Pokémon list like the two you posted in the first post.

I'm pretty sure no one could've predicted anything about a quadruped Fighting type legendary trio based on the Three Musketeers for example.

Edited by Woodshooter

These rumours that I'm posting are officially fake (especially since the villain team is confirmed to be Team Flare rather than Team Gear, plus not being able to change the player name is insanely ridiculous and deviates from Pokemon tradition immensely), but I thought they'd be a fun read at least, and seeing fake lists may help us determine other fake lists that we encounter (even if it'll only help a slight bit):

-Main characters are Jean and Jane; names are non-customizable
-Trainer now appears in the bottom screen during battle, with a speech bubble interface holding the trainer commands inside
-Trainers now have their own leveling system that affects how in-game NPCs react to you and grants various bonuses such as increasing capture rate and the rarity of Pokémon encountered
-A new key item called the Whistle can be used once per battle with differing effects, such as waking up a Pokémon or snapping it out of confusion.
A bond level replaces the happiness meter from past games; higher bond levels -grant bonuses such as experience or stat gain for Pokémon
-Bond level bonuses and the whistle feature can be turned off in PvP matches for the benefit of competitive play
-A new item called the Bond-EYE that resembles a pair of sunglasses allows players to view the nature of wild Pokémon and their capture rate
-The Bond-EYE also allows players to see visual avatars of other players and send them messages or trade and battle requests; this feature, akin to the Miiverse function in Nintendo Land, will be the first of its kind on the 3DS
-Wireless co-op is now possible, with one player being the leader and the other aiding in battle
-Players not able to play cooperatively will be allowed to request aid from NPC trainers in their adventures via a juice bar located in every town
-The PokéDex resembles a tablet with a 3D display that allows players to view -Pokémon models, read full paragraph descriptions of them, hear their cries, view their locations, compare their sizes and weights with others, and read comments made by other trainers around the world about them
-Excess money can be stored in banks that grant interest and special gifts upon depositing certain amounts
-Using a special wristwatch device, players can travel 30 years into the past which features different characters, younger versions of current characters, different layouts, and different wild Pokémon
-The rival faction is Team Gear whose members wear purple bodysuits with black clock hands on them; they mess with events in the past that affect the present
-In one part of the game, you must catch a Munchlax in the past to clear the road of a Snorlax in the future, suggesting that past generations of Pokémon will be available from the start
-The professor is Professor Bristle and the rival is Ricki, a magazine writer who documents the strange events occurring in the past
-The new generation consists of 99 new Pokémon, many of them baby Pokémon (something Leviathyn writer Ray G. doesn’t want to see) and new evolutions of current Pokémon
-Sylveon is a Normal Pokémon that evolves based on the new bond level; it is the only new Eeveelution
-There will be a total of six legendary Pokémon that include Xerneas (Psychic/Rock) and Yveltal (Ghost/Flying) along with four black and white Pokémon based on card suits: a cobra with a heart-shaped hood and tail, a tiger with diamond patterns, a t-rex with spade-shaped eyes, and a peacock with a club-shaped tail
-Most of the brand new Pokémon will be new type combinations such as Fire/Ice and Dark/Electric (something Leviathyn writer Ray G. does want to see)
-The types of the final evolutions of the starter Pokémon will be Grass/Flying, Fire/Psychic, and Water

I meant a whole Pokémon list like the two you posted in the first post.

I'm pretty sure no one could've predicted anything about a quadruped Fighting type legendary trio based on the Three Musketeers for example.

I'm afraid there isn't a huge list like that for the 5th Generation to my knowledge.

Though supposedly, someone knew about an ice cream cone Pokemon (the Vanillite family) and a gear Pokemon (the Klink family) for the 5th Generation, before either of them were officially revealed.

Well, with today's starter reveals, the lists in the OP have basically been confirmed as false. There IS one collection of rumours from Pokebeach which has so far been 100% true, though. It contained oddball information such as fairy-type Mawile, two alternate forms of Mewtwo, flying battles, an evolution that involves flipping your 3DS upside-down, add it had accurate information on the fairy type's weaknesses and resistances.

http://pokebeach.com/2013/06/pokebeach-x-y-rumor-roundup-and-clarifications

Just updating this after the Meowstic reveal.

It looks like Samias' and my link in post #10 is the real deal, since they're right about Meowstic. Well, the spelling is one letter off, but it's true about everything else about Meowstic so far (besides its evolution that's not revealed officially yet).

It's actually quite neat and awesome that we finally got a rumour sheet that's practically all true, though at the same time, it's a shame that it didn't reveal any more jucier news (legendaries, more Pokemon, etc.) Well, I guess we shouldn't complain since it doesn't get any better than accurate leaks.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope a double post is okay since I'm updating this thread with a new set of rumours:

• Trusk is a Grass/Rock boar Pokemon with long green tusks coming out of its mouth. He is gruff, has grey skin, and features green leaf-like ears. It has an “adorable” pre-evolution with tiny tusks and a leaf at the end of its tail.
  • A Normal/Poison porcupine Pokemon named Quillom can be found quite early in the game in the forest. It has white skin with light purple quills. He has a Poison-type quill attack which damages and has a high chance of poison.
  • A Ghost-type spider Pokemon is found in caves. It is dark gray with blue spots and multiple light grey eyes. It has a feint light blue mist around its abdomen. The source doesn’t remember the spelling of its name, but says it was something like “Apparachnid.” He thinks it may have an evolution.
  • There is a Ground-type badger Pokemon that is dark brown with black stripes going up its face. It knows Slash and a new biting move.
  • Reconfirmation that Froakie’s final evolution is Water/Fighting. It looks similar to a poison dart frog. The dark blue now takes over its body almost entirely. There are a few even darker (almost black) spots on his sides and face and it gains more of the bubble foam around its neck and down the back. It’s also a bit bulkier. It uses its hind legs a lot and has kicking attacks.
  • Bunnelby evolves into a Ground/Dark type rabbit that is larger and much rounder. Its color scheme is reversed, with the dark brown now being the prominent color. It can be found in caves. It is useful because you can get it early in the game and use it to evolve Pancham into Pangoro.
  • Helioptile has an evolution. It is bipedal with a second yellow triangle on its face. Its ears become more jagged and it looks meaner. On its back are what look like spikes with jagged parts at the very top. It can learn a new attack called Thunder Roll, where it rolls up like a wheel and strikes the opponent.
  • Reconfirmation that Meowstic has a pre-evolution named Espurr. There is no gender differentiation until it evolves. It is mostly white, similar to the female version, with cuter eyes and a single puffy tail. It has a little patch of fur under its head (similar to its evolutions). The fur is dark blueish with little tufts of white in it.
  • Other Pokemon that are now Fairy-type: the Chansey evolution line, Dunsparce, the Clefairy line, and Togepi’s line.
  • Fairy Dust is a new move that will randomly cause either Paralysis, Poison, Sleep, or Burn.
  • Like Magneton, Wailmer is part of one of the Super Training Facility games.
  • Team Flare makes an appearance right at the beginning of the game. On the TV in your house, one of its members talks about fashion and how your Pokemon should match your style. Team Flare’s signature music has an eerie accordion sound to it in the opening sequence.
  • The outfit your character wears at the start is colored to match what you’ve set as your favorite color in your 3DS settings. It can be changed easily though.
  • The opening cinematic is in 3D. (Have to mention this since most of the game isn’t in stereoscopic 3D. :p) It starts off with Yveltal’s cry, which wakes you up. You sit up in your bed. It then pans and there is a shot of your city. Yveltal’s shadow goes over it. After that there is some other shots of your town. You seem amazed that you saw Yveltal. It then shows generic in-game shots like you entering a forest with your friends, selecting your starter, running through a cave, etc. After that it shows Sycamore welcoming you. You are standing outside of his lab at the time, then he takes you inside. It then shows him showing you three Poke Balls which leads into a transformation video where it shows all three Kanto starters evolving to their final forms, and then the three of them Mega Evolving. It’s a really cool cinematic. The video ends with Yveltal flying with the sun behind him, leading in to the title screen. Team Flare is also shown at some point in the sequence.
  • On the title screen you can use the analog joystick on your 3DS to change the angle at which you see Xerneas/Yveltal.

Here's one.

I work for a magazine in the UK and got sent an email a couple of weeks ago with apparent Pokemon X & Y 'facts'. The writer says they are from a European marketing team (did not mention which one).

I don't really think they are true, however a couple of things were right. Posting on here to see whether any had been already confirmed as true or fakes.

I'll post the few kinda 'confirmed' ones, they way they were written is not concrete which is why I doubted the rest are completely true, but at least maybe they are fun rumours to share.
- Two tv spots will be launched prior to release each with a new pokemon briefly shown to gain hype. A new normal-type unevolved pokemon (the grey one in the new uk trailer?) and a new poison-type pokemon with no evolutionary line.
- Three new evolutions of Gen VI pokemon will be released on the official facebook page prior to launch. (Doublade is one)

- The new Starter evolutions will be released. But no final evolutions until the week leading to the 12th October. (Well true so far)
- Mewtwo will have two forms, one for each game version. The second will not be announced until later on for fans to get used to the idea of mega evolutions. (This is one of the main things that made me post)

And the rest:
- Rhyhorn will be first pokemon you get to ride in-game. You cannot ride Rhydon. The pokemon you ride in-game are not available for battles.
- Main professor in the game will be female, with male professor (I'm guessing Sycamore?) as main plot driver.
- All Pokemon from all previous generations will be able to be caught in-game, making it easier to complete pokedex without having to trade or use pokemon bank service. Re-emergance of 'Gotta Catch 'Em All" to regain Gen 1 fanbase.
- Harder to catch specific pokemon as more will be available in each route. Percentage of each pokemon appearing is lower.
- All starter pokemon will get mega evolutions and one from each generation will be obtainable throughout the game as part of male professor's research.
- Not all legendaries are getting mega evolutions. There is no mega evolution for Mew, Cresselia and Genesect. They are confirmed to not have any.
- No Gen VI pokemon will get mega evolutions.

Since this rumor was posted, we've also seen: Rhyhorn being confirmed as rideable and the Re-emergence of the Gotta Catch 'em All.

The riding thing was confirmed too through the demo where you could ride a Skiddo but it wasn't part of your battle team. And no 6th gen mega evolutions.

Edited by Professor Palutena

"All Pokemon from all previous generations will be able to be caught in-game, making it easier to complete pokedex without having to trade or use pokemon bank service. Re-emergance of 'Gotta Catch 'Em All" to regain Gen 1 fanbase."

If this is true, I'm gonna be sooooooooooo mad and righteously pissed off! I just spent the last 15 days breeding pokemon across my Heart Gold, Black, and Black 2 versions. All fucking 649 pokemon (minus legendaries of course). I was gonna send them all to Pokemon Bank for Gen 6, but if this is true, I have just wasted hours of my life that I will NEVER get back. ALL OF THOSE GODDAMN EGGS!!! WHYYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! DX

- All starter pokemon will get mega evolutions and one from each generation will be obtainable throughout the game as part of male professor's research.

MEGA SCEPTILE

TEAM OF STARTERS AWW YEAH

if this turns out to be false, I will hate you forever for raising my hopes.

I'd call this one unlikely based on the Torchic event. They stressed that the mega stone for it (at least) wouldn't be able to be found ingame.

Still, all the screenshots I've seen have it only in that one pose, and there's a journalist embargo on revealing 3rd forms until October 12th (though review copies ARE out there now), so the chance of it being fake is still up there. I only posted it because I've seen multiple sources, and yet the pose all looks the same so it could just be some really clever Photoshop.

Looks cool and semi-legit, I guess; could be fake, but it sorta looks like what you'd expect the third form to look like (the orange does look a little out of place on a blue/dark blue color schemed ninja though). Still waiting on what the other two will look like to decide my starter officially....