Most Important FE Characters Besides Marth and Ike

Randoman

So besides Marth and Ike, what FE character do you think are highly important/prevalent to the FE series as a whole? Also, try to ignore the heavy promotion that FE13 and FE14 has been receiving, since that doesn't really signify the importance they have to the FE series as a whole. I mean, 10 years from now I don't think FE13 or 14 will be considered as important as whatever the newest FE will be in 2025, or the Akanean or Tellius games.

In a way, I've always considered Leif/Leaf to be the 3rd most important lord in FE, since he's playable in two FEs (barring FE13 DLC) and is the lord in one of them. No other FE lord besides Marth and Ike can boast anything like that. Well, unless you count FE6's Trial maps having Eliwood and Hector playable, which I personally don't.

Anna I'd also definitely consider to be quite iconic, due to her appearances in practically every FE game. Though I know that some people think that her role is so minor that she isn't important despite appearing in FE games a lot. I'm interested in getting your guys' opinion on Anna being important/iconic to FE or not.

The Black Knight also seems to be considered important to FE as a whole, and though I agree, I do think that Camus is technically more important/iconic than him in regards to the entire FE series. I know you can probably say that about all the other major Akanean villains like Gharnef, Medeus, and Hardin (at least, for FE3/12), but with Camus' playable appearances in FE2 and the Akanean saga, I do think that puts him above the rest of them.

I also know that some people consider Naga to be quite important to the FE series as a whole, though I really don't know much about him/her to be able to properly judge that.

I also heard from some that Caeda/Sheeda is the poster girl of the FE series as a whole. I'm not exactly sure whether I agree or disagree with that. I mean, she's definitely one of the more promoted Akanean characters and Akanea is considered to be quite important to the FE series as a whole being the first game, but Caeda isn't exactly a lord.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Whitewings are absolutely up there. Appearing in more games than even Marth, creating their own archetype, and starting the triangle attack mechanic. This also a little bit anecdotal, but they've always seemed to have had a consistence in their popularity with Japanese fans.

I know you're not counting Eliwood and Hector's maps in FE6, but even barring that I would say that Eliwood has to be considered one of the most. His game (and let's be honest FE7 is Eliwood's game) is the one that got most people outside of Japan to play Fire Emblem in the first place. So he would get my nod, maybe even above Ike but that may be a stretch.

Anna.

She appears in a lot of games, eventually becoming recruitable in Awakening. Hell, she sometimes breaks the fourth wall in Awakening, just as she did when she asked about suspending/erasing the GBA games (dunno if this holds true for 6).

EDIT: Reading the mod's mind is a bannable offense. :P:

Edited by eclipse

I think Tiki is pretty notable in the FE series, since she was one of the few characters that started off FE's manakete species, not to mention being a cute instance of the species, possibly making her the more popular among the rest of the Archanea manaketes and arguably a big reason for the species' continued existence in the series. After that, IS opted to bring her back in Awakening, except change her from a young girl to a grown-up, mature yet kind person, and while some didn't like adult Tiki's appearance, there are others who liked seeing that cute little girl they once knew mature into, in their eyes, a beautiful woman. Now, IS appears to be bringing another instance of her (perhaps a late teen Tiki?) into their crossover game, where her existence was made obvious. I think IS has a thing for Tiki nowadays...

Naga had a hand in the backstories of the Akaneia and Jugdral games.

Lyn is the very first character in an English FE game.

Elincia is a plot-important character in two games.

1. Main lords (Marth, Alm, Celica, Sigurd, Seliph, Leif, Roy, Lyn, Eliwood, Hector, Eirika, Ephraim, Ike, Micaiah, Robin, Chrom, Lucina, Kamui and other tbd potential if lords)

2. Major characters that IS uses in promos (Caeda, Lilina, Elincia, Sothe)

3. Tiki for her major recurring role and Anna for being the mascot

These are the ones I consider to be the "major" characters of the series as a whole. Sothe and Lilina pretty much only because IS considers them to be main characters.

Edited by Owain Dark

^Marth is the mascot though.

But yeah, I would say each lord is pretty important to the series, Ike and Marth are just the most important of all due to both having multiple games where they're the main character and they've been playable in multiple Smash games. And they're now in Codename Steam too.

Anna.

She appears in a lot of games, eventually becoming recruitable in Awakening. Hell, she sometimes breaks the fourth wall in Awakening, just as she did when she asked about suspending/erasing the GBA games (dunno if this holds true for 6).

EDIT: Reading the mod's mind is a bannable offense. :P:

I'm pretty sure it's every (not FE2) game where you can suspend/erase the game? Well, maybe not the DS ones.

Somebody mentioned the Whitewings, but let's not forget Camus! He appears in every Akanaeia game, and is arguably the main character of BSFE. Not to mention being the first in a long series of sympathetic/tragic FE villains.

Besides the main lords of every game I would also throw in Anna and Tiki as they appear in multiple titles and Tiki is pretty much the mascot of anything that transforms/dragon things. Hell she was the one character people recognized right off the bat in the SMTxFE trailer.

^Marth is the mascot though.

I guess you could say that, though by "mascot" I mean more like an otherwise unimportant character that's basically just a nod to the fans from the developers, like moogles in Final Fantasy for example (though there have been main characters that are moogles so maybe it's not exactly the same).

Yeah I'd say that when it comes to the main lords Leaf is currently the most important one after Ike and Marth.

However I'd also consider Kamui and Robin pretty important since Robin is basically the poster child for the concept of the MU,while Kamui is the first MU to be the main character too.

Aside from those I agree that Tiki and Anna are pretty important in that they are among the few characters who appear in different games.

Lyn and Caeda are basically the poster childs for female FE characters in the west and east respectively,so I'd consider them more important than other FE characters who had a similar role.

Anri is the most important, to me. Without him, Medeus wouldn't have been slain, the Emblem wouldn't have its same tragic backstory, Marth wouldn't have been born, and therefore Chrom wouldn't have been born.

this is an opinion thread, everyone has the right to their own opinion, as for me I'd say it would be the white wings

I didn't mean to imply she was wrong, I just asked where she found that out, since others believed differently based on my observations. Curiosity.