So Ike really is the strongest Lord. Before Awakening anyway.

The Void

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why Ike. I think BKWALHART is the strongest.

1. Walhart isn't a lord.

2. Chrom beat Walhart, Chrom is a lord, and Ike is the strongest of the lords, therefore Ike is stronger than Walhart.

Ike's the strongest because yeah, he defeated a god, powerful kings, and a near-invincible ebon-armored knight. And his physical strength is not matched by many. And yay, Ike is Hubba's favorite! I like you, Hubba. :D

Edited by Anacybele

I can see Marth, being the Hero-King, basically creating "the king's path" (read walhart's paralogue if you have no idea what i'm talking about) where he wins by winning hearts

whereas Ike pretty much forged a third path (walhart and arguably this new take on alm and ephraim follow conqueror's path) which is winning hearts through winning power

Edited by CT075

I could believe that, he did sort of defeat a god, I would have put money on him or Marth.

Ike didn't beat a goddess and a dragon by himself you know. He was aided by a team at all costs.

1. Walhart isn't a lord.

2. Chrom beat Walhart, Chrom is a lord, and Ike is the strongest of the lords, therefore Ike is stronger than Walhart.

1. Yeah, sorry 8(

2. It doesn't really work like that. There's this thing called "match ups". Also, Chrom himself stated the only reason he defeated Walhart was because he was aided by his companions. Chrom going solo wouldn't stand a chance.

In case you guys forgot, Alm defeated a god as well. Such a shame that he's the most unsung lord

I can see Marth, being the Hero-King, basically creating "the king's path" (read walhart's paralogue if you have no idea what i'm talking about) where he wins by winning hearts

whereas Ike pretty much forged a third path (walhart and arguably this new take on alm and ephraim follow conqueror's path) which is winning hearts through winning power

I can understand Ephraim because he likes to fight, but care to explain Alm?

Well the man is a mercenary. He makes a living killing other people so of course he would be strong if not the strongest Lord.

You make Ike sound like a cold-hearted villain when you put it this way. xP

EDIT: Chrom's not a mercenary, he's a prince. He doesn't need to earn money by slaying bandits. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Chrom is a mercenary that lives of killing as well. What's your point.

You make Ike sound like a cold-hearted villain when you put it this way. xP

EDIT: Chrom's not a mercenary, he's a prince. He doesn't need to earn money by slaying bandits. xP

Chrom is actually a vigilante, which is similar to mercenaries except they don't work for hire. Their difference: Greil mercenaries defended villages for money, the Shepherds were a militia whose goals were to protect the weak

Edited by Hero-King

alm made this whole speech about how like he didn't care for compassion and that he was better at stabbing people than making them love him

(this is really great because the new take on ephraim and alm are a drastic left turn from my interpretation of them in their actual games)

Edited by CT075

Chrom is actually a vigilante, which is similar to mercenaries except they don't work for hire. Their difference: Greil mercenaries defended villages for money, the Shepherds were a militia whose goals were to protect the weak

True, but Chrom's still a prince too. xP

And Ike's mercenaries do work for money, but they're also not the typical mercenaries we might read about from history books and such. Those mercenaries were greedy and mean. Ike's group are good guys who also do it to protect the weak. So they're kinda both mercenaries AND vigilantes. Some vigilantes aren't exactly nice people either though. The ones in Port Toha had no problem with the idea of slaying random laguz.

alm made this whole speech about how like he didn't care for compassion and that he was better at stabbing people than making them love him

(this is really great because the new take on ephraim and alm are a drastic left turn from my interpretation of them in their actual games)

Alm's speech only states that when push comes to shove, you fight back and show no mercy. Basically just being tough

When an enemy wrongs us, it's natural to try and wrong them back. Celica has her own opinion. "Two wrongs don't make a right," she says. "Two rights don't prevent the next wrong," I usually answer. But maybe I'll change one day...
A dread fighter battles to win, to better himself, and to protect those he loves. They are my world's most fearsome fighters. Of course, Celica thinks I should take a more compassionate approach to enemies... But really, it's a battlefield! How do you compassionately stab someone? It may sound barbaric, but that's just how I feel. If you hurt me, I hurt you back...tenfold.
Edited by Hero-King

I do think that Ike is the strongest lord physically, but I don't think he's the best lord. Ike always seemed like a fighter first and a leader later in my opinion. I always got the impression that he relied more on his advisors then lords like Ephraim or Roy.

Roy dealt more with Merlinus and Guenivere rather than someone like Marcus. Ephraim did have Seth, but only so much compared to Eirika, who added Innes and Saleh, while L'arachel took a certain role after the twins reunite.

On topic, what about Anri, who basically trekked across vast deserts, harsh volcanoes and desolate frozen wastelands on his own, fighting dragons and barbarian tribes.