Let's Rate The Parent FINALE: Olivia and Cherche

Djing

There was another parent rating topic that died so lets start a new one.

Rules.

1. Rate based on gameplay. The rating should mostly be based on optimization.

2. Do not bring up the Avatar until it is his/her turn to be rated.

3. There will be two tier lists, one for Mothers and one For Fathers.

4. I probably won't rate the infertile parents (Anna, Basilio, Spotpass, etc) but we'll see what happens when the time comes.

5. Don't shittalk other people's ratings unless they are obviously trolling. Even the most baffling of ratings will count if that user gives a decent explanation.

We'll start with the Fathers, Beginning with Chrom.

Chrom

Chrom's biggest appeal is his ability to pass Great Knight while also granting a positive speed modifier. As lucrative as that sounds, only Inigo can take advantage of that. The two unique skills he passes aren't all that great as Aether is too unreliable without Rightful King and Rightful King is mostly pointless without Aether. Lucina, at the very least, can use both. His Archer class has good synergy with Kjelle and Inigo's access to Assassin, but is mostly filler. His modifiers are average.

All in all he is an average father who manages to give the bare minimum amount of skills and modifiers. I consider him to be the worst Great Knight father because only one of his potential children can take advantage of that class set. Luckily for him, that one child becomes quite the beast with it.

6/10

Father Ratings

Virion - 2.46

Libra - 3.07

Henry - 4.19

Kellam - 4.71

Vaike - 4.92

Donnel - 5.06

Lon'qu - 5.56

Frederick - 6.54

Ricken - 6.69

Chrom - 7.25

Gregor - 7.96

Gaius - 8.5

Stahl - 9.18

Male Avatar - 9.8

Mother Ratings

Maiden - 0.2

Cherche - 1.75

Panne - 1.8

Miriel - 3.17

Nowi - 3.33

Sully - 4.33

Tharja - 5.17

Lissa - 7.2

Olivia - 7.9

Cordelia - 8.18

Sumia - 9.25

Maribelle - 9.72

Female Avatar - 10

Edited by Spaceman Craig

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chrom is a main character so he is as he should be. Average. Although with some patience and grinding, you can make him and his children good enough for Sorin to use in his strategies.

6.5/10

Chrom is a typical hero that I've seen too many times for me to actually like him.

2/10.

This post is the definition of "lol didn't read."

This is a eugenics-only thread. This isn't related to personality at all.

OP summed it up pretty much perfectly. Chrom is pretty average, but exceptably so.

6/10.

Edited by Cor Leonis

Chrom is a typical hero that I've seen too many times for me to actually like him.

EDIT: Fine, I read the OP. Now I'll give more reasons of why I don't like him..

I found Chrom to be extremely annoying, and I've ALWAYS hated the Lords. The only one I actually liked was Ephraim.

His class set isn't that great to me, and I hate his daughter.

He is extremely ignorant in his B Support with the Female Avatar.

2/10.

Are you rating the character by personality or as a parent? Because this thread is supposed to be the latter.

Eh, I like him as a parent. I typically only pair him with a Female!Avatar or Maiden, so it's hard to really give an opinion as Morgan's a beast no matter who his parent is and Lucina's good enough even with a Maiden mother. From what I remember from my playthroughs where I had him marry the other girls, the only 'exceptionals' were Cynthia and Inigo. So, average like, but somewhat on the good side still.

6.5/10

Edited by Kat

Chrom:

To make a review on Chrom, we need to look on each of his potential children and his mods, and his class set

Obviously, Chrom's biggest draw is as follow:

1. Great Knight

This class is the current class to spread around for good reason. Luna and Dual Guard+, two of the best skill right off the bat. Being able to give this skill is always a godsend, especially when Chrom bring a +spd mods as a bonus

2. Aether and Rightful King

Aether is not that good. Lucina typically want to use her 100% DS selling points. For example, a Sage Lucina want to run DS+, Luna, Tomefaire, Limit Break, and Galeforce. You CAN sacrifice 5% off 100% and put Aether in case Lucina want to strike on her own

Rightful King is another skill with questionable usage, no less thanks to the 5 skill slot. 10% to activate Luna(the only skill worth considering in this context) is HARD to justify over the appropriate Faire and Agressor. Its an entirely different story for Trollthality Streetpass Team though

3. Archer

VERY underrated class set. Chrom himself, as a Bow Knight does 52 Damage at 100% Rate against the sturdiest enemy in the game. While this does not seem that much, imagine if you give this to a stronger character with a stronger class set, which only one of his child can have.

On the other hand, Chrom is one of two character who have limited marriage option, the other being Sumia. Sumia, of course is well known for being hax, but she did not really get the best deal out of her marriage. Chrom is the reverse, having relatively mediocre skillset to pass off to Lucina, but already have the best marriage option he will ever want to.

Okay, lets face it Armthrift and Sol sucks. Fuck Cordelia x Chrom

Okay, I lied. Chrom x Lissa is theoritically the best

Cynthia

Sumia + Chrom combo

- Sumia as a Sage with Chrom as a Bow Knight is a deadly combo. At 7 Move, Chrom does 64 Damage to 70 Def DS Sniper with Agressor, AS+2, Bowfaire, Limit Breaker, and DS+ skillset. Sumia, with AS+2, Luna, Galeforce, Tomefaire, and Limit Breaker, has offense so absurd, she can kill ANYTHING

Cynthia

- Sage Cynthia, sadly has 49 Speed, which is 1 point short of doubling everything with AS+2 bump. However, this speed can be described as "good enough" since the benchmark is, typically 70 speed. Cynthia gets Aether, so you can run Aether, Luna, Tomefaire, Galeforce, and Limit Breaker

Cynthia gives off 16% Chance of Dual Strike, so her DS is reliable.

Pavise and Aegis is there for gimmicks

Lucina

- Not much to say, she is identical to Cynthia minus her possession of RFK, which can be used for RFK Aether Luna Galeforce LB set up.

Overview: A pairing worth usage if only for the high speed. Cynthia does not really have a better choice(or does not need any good choice), while Lucina is perfectly fine either way. The only bad Lucina pairing is, in fact, Sully!Lucina under maximization context

Inigo:

- Speed is somewhat overrated, but this is the only Pairing that give Inigo +1 SPD Luna.

- The REAL draw of this pairing, however, is the beautiful thing known as Bowfaire Warrior. A Chrom fathered Inigo have 50 STR. With LunaForceBreak + Bowfaire and Agressor, Inigo have 94 ATK which translates into 68 damage to the 70 Def Sniper. You can drop Luna if you want stronger DS

Lucina:

- Usually hailed for giving Vantage for Lucina, I need to note that Vantage is actually not that good for Lucina, because of her lesser Magical Power, skillslot, and Lack of Tomefaire in this set up. She is better off playing the back role for Owain or properly built Morgan, which applies for every Lucina out there

- Not much to say. Swordfaire + Lancefaire is not as versatile as Tomefaire.

Overview: This pairing is typically considered as the best Chrom pairing for all the wrong reason. However, by giving Bowfaire to Inigo, the selling point of this pairing is fairly apparent. Definitely the best Inigo under maximization context in my opinion, and if you want to make a Streetpass Team, this is the way to go.

Kjelle: Im lazy so I copy paste my old post

Okay, im too lazy to copy paste so lets end this early.

Mods. No extra skill except for Bowfaire for Assassin

Lucina: Take Olivia!Lucina and remove Galeforce, which means that it(sadly) sucks. Deal with it.

Overview: Under normal no grind playthrough, Sully x Chrom is a good pairing. The same can't be said for maximization simply because you miss 2 Galeforce, and the Galeforcer happen to be the second best character in the game(Lucina) and the best user of Donnel's genes(Kjelle).

Brady: In the current maximization perspective, Brady is THE Mr. Unfuckable of this game, and for good reason. Having Cavalier and Sage right from the start is just hax. This is the closest you can get to a fucked Brady, giving Archer, but not Warrior, and even this one is still good because Brady can still run the staple Agressor, Luna, Tomefaire, Limit Break, Galeforce Sage, doing at worst 64 Damage in two round of Dual Strike, which can be increased to 68 with AS+2 over Luna. This also allow the breeding route into 100% Miracle Morgan, which is worth a note

Lucina: This Lucina has the highest Magic, and Valkyrie. Valkyrie is actually a better alternative to Dark Flier with Rescue Staff access, and this is not to say that Lucina is incapable to running Dark Flier, because she can.

Overview: A fairly underrated pairing. Brady is, again, an unfuckable child, so he can get any father, including Virion and will still be amazing. Lucina does not really need anything beside Galeforce, and higher MAG mods is helpful when Lucina stayed in the back and spamming her 100% Dual Strike. Worth a note, is the fact that this pairing is used for the reliable runthrough of Vanilla Apotheosis, and 101% Miracle.

Morgan: Give Rightful King Morgan and MU class set to Lucina. I will limit this one for Morgan, but frankly, if I want RFK Morgan, I rather take Inigo or Brady themselves. Its not like Lucina has enough skillslot to use MU's class set that other mom can't give. This also prevent Morgan from marrying Lucina

Overall: Chrom make a good father for all of his children, except for Kjelle. The only Chrom pairing that might be better than all of the above, is Lissa x Chrom, giving Lucina the same Magical Mods, and class as Maribelle, and giving Owain +SPD Luna and Warrior with Bowfaire, but this is both unusable, and is an incest.

When compared to other fathers in the game, this is actually quite a good acomplishment.

And then you realize he have DS+

9.5/10

Edited by JSND

Armsthrift Supremacy Chrom!Severa OP 10/10

In all seriousness, it's a bit harder to rate Chrom compared to the other fathers simply because of his limited options. And since he's got a kid of his own, he's also sort of close to being a mother as well.

Of his possible pairings, Chrom/Sully is the only one that I would call completely unusable. Chrom/Olivia, Chrom/Maribelle, and Chrom/Sumia are all pretty solid. Dual Strike+ rules, which kinda pisses me off since he can't pass it to his other kid.

All in all, unlike Sumia, Chrom's options have very little loss in potential, and to some extent it almost seems like they were designed to stupid-proof Lucina. 9/10. For reference, these are the rough benchmarks for my intended scale.

Stahl and Gaius are 10s.

Gregor is a 9.

Virion is a 1. (Underrated, but still the worst. If I gave Virion a higher score then every number below him would be meaningless.)

Libra is a 3.

...These may be subject to change.

Edited by Canto

Pros:

-Great Knight and Paladin access

-Solid modifiers (+1 str/skl/spe, -defenses but whocares)

Cons:

-Lord isn't particularly great, since no one except Lucina can actually get into that class.

Meh:

-Aether and RFK are good skills. Not great ones, but not terrible either.

-Archer's kind of niche, but it has its uses and you get Great Knight out of the gate to work with it.

The Kids (roughly in order of usability)

Lucina: Luna's always a staple, and she gets Galeforce unless he marries Sully or Maiden, and you're probably not going to do that if you're looking to be optimal.

Cynthia: Pavise/Aegis, and access to Archer for stuff like Bowfaire/Bowbreaker/Bow Knight access. Also Paladin for another physical option. But seriously she gets Galeforce + Luna. The only way you're going to screw her up is if you don't get Sumia married.

Inigo: +Speed Luna is nice, as is Paladin access.

Brady: Second-worst Brady overall, but Galeforce/Luna is always good. Also, Rightful King Miracle. It's a gimmick, but hey, it puts it decisively over Ricken!Brady, imo.

Kjelle: Sucks, just like Fred/Virion/Stahl/Kellam/Ricken/lots of people!Kjelle. Pavise/Aegis/Aether isn't bad, but there's more reliable ways to do that if that's your bag.

Overall, it's not bad. Only kid who gets screwed over with Chrom as a dad is Kjelle. (and to be fair, Sully screws over Lucina in turn) Great Knight alone guarantees that he'll be a solid dad. Aside from Great Knight, it's a little bare bones though. I'll admit the other Great Knight dads usually have something more to offer otherwise. (Fred has Pavise/Aegis/Deliverer, Vaike has Merc, Kellam/Ricken has Sage, and Stahl, well, we'll get to him eventually.)

7.5/10

Pros:

-Great Knight and Paladin access

-Solid modifiers (+1 str/skl/spe, -defenses but whocares)

Cons:

-Lord isn't particularly great, since no one except Lucina can actually get into that class.

Meh:

-Aether and RFK are good skills. Not great ones, but not terrible either.

-Archer's kind of niche, but it has its uses and you get Great Knight out of the gate to work with it.

The Kids (roughly in order of usability)

Lucina: Luna's always a staple, and she gets Galeforce unless he marries Sully or Maiden, and you're probably not going to do that if you're looking to be optimal.

Cynthia: Pavise/Aegis, and access to Archer for stuff like Bowfaire/Bowbreaker/Bow Knight access. Also Paladin for another physical option. But seriously she gets Galeforce + Luna. The only way you're going to screw her up is if you don't get Sumia married.

Inigo: +Speed Luna is nice, as is Paladin access.

Brady: Second-worst Brady overall, but Galeforce/Luna is always good. Also, Rightful King Miracle. It's a gimmick, but hey, it puts it decisively over Ricken!Brady, imo.

Kjelle: Sucks, just like Fred/Virion/Stahl/Kellam/Ricken/lots of people!Kjelle. Pavise/Aegis/Aether isn't bad, but there's more reliable ways to do that if that's your bag.

Overall, it's not bad. Only kid who gets screwed over with Chrom as a dad is Kjelle. (and to be fair, Sully screws over Lucina in turn) Great Knight alone guarantees that he'll be a solid dad. Aside from Great Knight, it's a little bare bones though. I'll admit the other Great Knight dads usually have something more to offer otherwise. (Fred has Pavise/Aegis/Deliverer, Vaike has Merc, Kellam/Ricken has Sage, and Stahl, well, we'll get to him eventually.)

7.5/10

I'm assuming Morgan wasn't listed as Morgan's near impossible to screw up?

Chrom for me was, well, pretty average too. He was okay, but he never particularly stood out. Aside from his mandatory presence, I never used him (only for some supports but that's it), and I never actually bothered to max him out until recently. And I made the unfortunate mistake of marrying him to Sully so none of his children really do much, other than Lucina who I married. So, another average score.

7/10

I'm assuming Morgan wasn't listed as Morgan's near impossible to screw up?

Well, it's less of Chrom screwing up Morgan one way or another and more of there's not really much to say about Morgan anyway. He gets pretty much every class, so the differences between fathers are minor at best.

That, and when it comes to pairings I usually work assuming Avatar is absent so it didn't really occur to me in the first place to write about Morgan.

Well Day One has passed and I already learned something new about the game concerning Dual Strike+. This topic will update daily at 5:00-6:00 pm eastern time unless I'm sick or busy.

Lets move on to everyone's favorite pyromaniac, Frederick.

Frederick

This man provides PavGis, a somewhat overrated but still noteworthy combination of skills dedicated towards helping his kids tank. Tanking builds have fallen out of favor recently as hyper offensive Luna and Galeforce builds are all the rage nowadays. But Frederick can still cater towards offensive play styles by providing Great Knight and Deliverer.

In terms of mods Frederick has a painful -2 speed modifier and unlike Kellam, he doesn't provide a fast assault class for insurance.

All in all Frederick provides a good series of body parts (Luna, PavGis, Dual Guard+, Deliverer) that need a good foundation (Assassin, Sorcerer, Hero) to make a viable unit.

7.5/10

In almost all my files, I have him as Cynthia's father, and the results are always good, so it's a little hard to judge. Based off the skills he can give, classes, and the modifiers, though, I'd give him an 8/10, I think.

Frederick

well, what to say, PavGis and Luna. Luna + DG+ is really the important part

+2 STR and +2 SKL is cool, and thats it

One of few father who can be used on Cynthia, but Cynthia prefers to have Speed or Magic. On the other hand, GK Frederick!Cynthia is pretty fun

Also its kinda funny how Virion will outclass him in fathering Yarne and Gerome

To sum it up:

Have Great Knight

Good/Acceptable on some children namely:

- Severa: +5 STR with Wyvern and Great Knight. The only way Severa can gain Tomefaire is through Ricken, but Ricken!Severa is basically a slightly prettier Sumia, which is laughable

- Yarne: Super Lazy Pairing. Get Wyvern from the word go. Can run something like Axefaire, STR+2/Swordbreaker/Door Fighter, Limit Breaker, AS+2, and Agressor

- Gerome: PAVGISSOL is outdated, so this one get +6 STR mods. Virion!Gerome is better though

- Galeforce Males:

Owain: Gets Luna, although this conflict with his Mag Mod, he can make an acceptable Assassin

Inigo become Yarne who have Galeforce

Horrid on Kjelle

Very questionable on Brady

Nah should just die

And finally, Noire lacked Galeforce this way

Worst Cynthia, but worst Cynthia is like the worst of Top Tier or something, so this is not all that bad

This nets him a solid 7/10

Edited by JSND

Lets move on to everyone's favorite pyromaniac, Frederick.

Is it bad that I saw your sig and immediately thought that the pit of fiery hell is because of Frederick under that mask?

tumblr_m6chnoKRH61qih7sg.giftumblr_m6agocabib1qk0lzgo1_r1_250.gif

Moving on.

Honestly Fred!Cynthia is the one I really use him for the few times I go for min-maxing, simply because Sumia is so limited in her support pool.

Luna and Dual Guard+ definitely gives him points for children. I know it's not much, but that DEF modifier may give that 1% you need for that Dual-Guard :D

I don't really use PavGis that much though.

And in SumiaxFred context, while Sumia's Speed Mods and the extra +1 for kids overpower's Fred's SPD detriment... I *STILL* don't like Pegasi getting that -speed modifier. ASDF.

7/10

Edited by shadowofchaos

Frederick was the father of Cynthia in my playthrough.

He did a pretty good job, and his class sets aren't all that bad.

I've always liked PavGis, so he gets points for that. Modifiers have never mattered much to me, so that's about it.

7/10. Good character.