Pavise works for Dual Strikes

Flying Shogi

Nope, Aegis/Pavise and Miracle do not work for Dual Strikes in Awakening. I just think that with Dual Strikes being at half damage is enough of a nerf.

Imagine the front unit activating Astra against an enemy with Dragonskin and Aegis/Pavise. Even with an initial 100 damage, with everything factored in, you'll do 12 damage.

Nope, Aegis/Pavise and Miracle do not work for Dual Strikes in Awakening. I just think that with Dual Strikes being at half damage is enough of a nerf.

Imagine the front unit activating Astra against an enemy with Dragonskin and Aegis/Pavise. Even with an initial 100 damage, with everything factored in, you'll do 12 damage.

I think the nerf is necessary seeing as how Dual Attacks now work 100% of the time. Imagine if someone used a Brave Sword, that's 8 strikes, at least.

Keep in mind, it still applies to both sides of the field as well.

I don't know of anything with Dragonskin alongside other such skills in this game, and Astra is a net damage increase.

I'm waiting for an Apotheosis 2 where everyone has Dragonskin, Aegis+ and Pavise+ just to troll the player.

And yes, I'm aware of Astra's net damage. I was just throwing things out there.

I think the nerf is necessary seeing as how Dual Attacks now work 100% of the time. Imagine if someone used a Brave Sword, that's 8 strikes, at least.

Keep in mind, it still applies to both sides of the field as well.

Technically, it's 8 strikes if you double but it's more likely you're gonna double than not so eh.

I just don't like using defense skills since I don't see them as reliable. Might be forced to use them since HP isn't that high in this game.

Oh does the dual attacker only attack once during Dual Strikes now, regardless of whether the main attacker doubles or has a Brave Sword?

I'm sorry if that's the case, I wasn't aware.

Oh does the dual attacker only attack once during Dual Strikes now, regardless of whether the main attacker doubles or has a Brave Sword?

I'm sorry if that's the case, I wasn't aware.

Yes.

Oh okay, I see how it works now. They'll always attack during a dual strike, at the expense of not having a chance to attack more than once. Bit of a disappointment, but I understand.

Oh, it's pretty great because you can actually incorporate it into your strategies now rather than it just being another random possible damage increase like crits and skills. Definitely one of the best changes to happen to the FE series in the past decade and a half.

Even a Brave Sword, Dual Attack, and doubling is just 6 attacks. Main, main, support, support, main, main.

They changed the attack order too? Assuming the main unit doubles, and the support does not have a Brave weapon, I thought it alternates between main and support and thus 8 strikes total. Even if it's 6 attacks, it makes more sense to me for it be: main, main, support, main, main, support.

They changed the attack order too? Assuming the main unit doubles, and the support does not have a Brave weapon, I thought it alternates between main and support and thus 8 strikes total. Even if it's 6 attacks, it makes more sense to me for it be: main, main, support, main, main, support.

• Main unit attacks, then attacks a second time because they have a Brave weapon
  • Support unit attacks, then attacks a second time because they have a Brave weapon
  • Main unit doubles, then attacks a second time because they have a Brave weapon

Brave weapon attacks are consecutive. If the support unit doesn't have a Brave weapon, there is no possible way for them to get more than one Dual Attack.

• Main unit attacks, then attacks a second time because they have a Brave weapon
  • Support unit attacks, then attacks a second time because they have a Brave weapon
  • Main unit doubles, then attacks a second time because they have a Brave weapon

Brave weapon attacks are consecutive. If the support unit doesn't have a Brave weapon, there is no possible way for them to get more than one Dual Attack.

I'm still operating under Awakening's system where each front unit's attack regardless if it was a Brave one, allows for one support attack, which is why I asked if they changed how Brave weapons work in this game.

Edited by Magician Lugh

I'm still operating under Awakening's system where each front unit's attack regardless if it was a Brave one, allows for one support attack, which is why I asked if they changed how Brave weapons work in this game.

Yeah it's not a Brave weapon thing; it's just that Dual Attacks no longer care about the main unit's number of attacks at all.