Tana vs Vanessa

Tana vs Vanessa  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better?

• Vanessa (Falcon Knight)
    • Tana (Falcon Knight)
    • Vanessa (Wyveren Knight
    • Tana (Wyveren Knight)

I just wanted to know who everyone thought was better. Seeing as I've never used Vanessa I can't say anything about her which is why I wanted to see other people's reactions.

Actually, all Vanessa has is a higher Skl growth (15% points) and a higher Res growth (5% point). Tana wins all other parts.

Really? I think at one point I heard from a lot of people that Tana was better, but then I saw a growth table somewhere and Vanessa won most parts, and then after that everyone started going, "Whoops, Vanessa's better!" Whatever, it doesn't really matter all that much, they both do fine if you train them, although, oddly enough, Vanessa's always only reaching lvl. 2-3 by the time Tana shows up, so, I guess Tana wins. Although class, I'm not sure which one's better.

Vanessa has "something called str" too, in the form of a level/support lead. By the time Tana joins, Vanessa may very well be 11/0. Higher if your team is small, lower if it's big. That puts her 1.5 higher than base Tana, and then she gets +1 more for every level of her Moulder support.

Tana only has 10% more str growth, and while her level is grower and thus her EXP gain per hit/kill is higher, Vanessa has more flexibility due to her higher durability (~45 avo, +5 more for every support level, whereas Tana has 34 and can only get 2.5 avo per support level) and she KOs things more quickly, plus she has 2 more hp and 2 more def.

And Vanessa will likely promote earlier if you promote your units at 20/0, so that'll pull her str ahead for longer.

Vanessa also wins because, you know, she has amazing Supports, albeit it can be difficult to form them due to her being a flyer, but Moulder A/Lute B is ridiculous.

Although Mekkah already kind of covered this, I'm just reiterating.

Edited by ZXValaRevan

They seem the same to me.(as Falcoknights anyway haven't used them as Wyvern Knights) They capped the same stats and their defenses seemed similar. Yeah.

I've never uised Vannessa and only Tana as a Wyvern Knight so I voted for that. Tana is great though so I had good reason to.

Vanessa is even greater, so you would've had even better reason to use her.

Vanessa is even greater, so you would've had even better reason to use her.

She is? I've never liked her but next time I play I may try her. Is it just because of avalibility? If that's it I don't care. I can make do without her. If it's supports I don't care because I vary rarely use them.

Averages also say that Lv20 promoted Vanessa > Lv10 unpromoted Tana.

Get my point?

They need to both be at the same level for it to be fair.

Vanessa's availability and supports allow her to be better than Tana. Although I do believe if both were available at closer times, I'd probably go for Tana.

...Wow, just...wow...

>_>

Take into account availability dude... >_>

Availability doesn't matter If you're not getting levels on them unless you arean abuse/baby that unit.

Also, Why do people discuss supports in a game that can be soloed with the (Female) Lord?

Availability doesn't matter If you're not getting levels on them unless you arean abuse/baby that unit.

Also, Why do people discuss supports in a game that can be soloed with the (Female) Lord?

Vanessa should easily be beating Tana in levels at Tana's jointime, and their growths are so similar considering Tana the winner is silly. Supports make FE8 easier, most FE games can be soloed by the Lord, that's a moot point.

Why discuss it at all then? Why even be like "Hey, I used X character in SS"? That argument is pretty silly bro.

Wtf @ Tana winning this poll.

Vanessa has a huge availability lead, support lead and much higher bases when Tana joins, which is particularly biting if we go Ephraim route.

Vanessa lv 13/0 (C Moulder, C Lute): 23 hp, 11 str, 14 skl, 18 spd, 10 def, 11 res, 57 avo

Tana lv 4/0: 20 hp, 7 str, 9 skl, 13 spd, 6 def, 7 res, 34 avo

Own't. Tana having a 10% higher str growth and leveling slightly faster doesn't make her superior at all in the long run. In fact, being stuck with the wind affinity means she can only gain partial avo from supports, which doesn't help to correct her biggest issue (durability).

Vanessa should be destroying this poll.

Double Anima affinity is a major way to fix her so-called "Str and durability issue". Then of course factor in the major chapter lead and Vanessa should win. Unless we're sandbagging her.