[FE4] Rate the Unit XXXIX

Rules (Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)

- Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Sigurd/10", etc.

- Personality / Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!

- Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!

- Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 10:00 PM (or 22:00), EST.

-Second Generation Note: Assume that Substitutes are done on a Subs-only run. Any "not ________" will not be accepted.

Units and Ranking (Least to Greatest):

First Generation

Diadora: 1.19

Ardan: 1.39

Tiltyu: 2.00

Briggid: 3.71

Claude: 4.42

Azel: 4.63

Jamka: 5.25

Midir: 5.47

Dew: 5.68

Holyn: 5.90

Lachesis: 6.13

Noish: 6.15

Alec: 6.17

Beowulf: 6.40

Aideen: 6.57

Ayra: 6.79

Levin: 7.87

Fin (First Generation): 7.88

Fury: 8.25

Cuan: 8.41

Lex: 8.83

Ethlin: 9.15

Sylvia: 9.50

Sigurd: 9.96

Second Generation

Roddlevan: 3.33

Radney: 3.44

Dimna: 4.89

Mana: 4.98

Tristan: 5.00

Skasaher: 6.00

Lakche: 6.35

Lester: 6.59

Julia: 7.12

Lana: 8.24

Delmud: 8.45

Oifaye: 8.58

Arthur: 8.67

Celice: 9.54

DAY 39: AMID

___

One of the better Subs, in my mind. While he lacks the qualities that make Arthur potentially broken beyond belief, he's definitely a decent kid. He's got Continue so he's not utter shit, and with Minor Tordo he can use craziness like Tron after promotion. He promotes to a MageFighter, unlike his counterpart, but like his counterpart he can take a Magic Sword for some pretty sweet damage (11 base Mag with a 40% growth). His Skill and Speed growths are also pretty decent for a substitute, at 50 and 40 respectively.

He can also take out some of the enemies in his starting position for EXP. The problem is, he's near the bottom of the list in a subs run for the Pursuit Ring. He'd do very well with it, though.

+.5 because he promotes to one of my favorite classes.

6/10

Edited by Laurence Olivier

the great buttface himself

he's actually kind of like Levin, without holsety blood, or Holsety, or critical.

so he's not really like Levin

Anyway he's actually not too bad, his base stats are high, and his growths aren't too shabby for a sub either. His offence is pretty awesome with a pursuit ring, but odds are he isn't getting it.

5/10

Okay, Amid is one of the subs that can be good. His base stats are good and his growths too, thanks to the minor Tordo holy blood. Lacks Pursuit but he does have Continue. He could use a Pursuit Ring if you want to double. Unlike Arthur, he promotes to Mage Fighter which is not bad.

6.5/10 (including bias cause Amid is one of my favorite subs)

What would be the point of a magic sword on him? Don't you want him to be able to use his Mag stat and hit on Res at 1-range on enemy phase?

No mount or Pursuit and nothing amazing to make up for it. 3/10

Buttface. Imagine a decent Arthur without Pursuit. Yep, that's him. His stats aren't bad but his skill becomes redundant upon promotion. He's also stuck with Wind until promotion, since Elwind appears in chapter 9. Magefighter isn't bad at all, but he doesn't want swords!

5/10 - One of the better subs, but really could have done with Pursuit.

Buttface has a butt for a face and therefore gets 100/10

But really. He's actually not that bad. And he can kill Trabant unpromoted. His promoted class isn't bad, and neither is his strength IIRC. Slap him a wind sword and enjoy.

6/10 for being one of the better subs, even without pursuit.

Buttface actually isn't that bad, despite being a footsie and, uh, never not being a footsie. And missing out on GOLDEN WRATH and ELITE that makes his sister so boner.

Honestly, I've always seen Buttface as competent, foot-locked, and little more than either of those. Plus, I don't like his face. So let's go with 4/10.

Okay, I've never really got the whole "buttface" thing. Is that an inside joke among the FE4 crew or something, because his face doesn't really look like a butt to me.

the great buttface himself

he's actually kind of like Levin, without holsety blood, or Holsety, or critical.

so he's not really like Levin

Anyway he's actually not too bad, his base stats are high, and his growths aren't too shabby for a sub either. His offence is pretty awesome with a pursuit ring, but odds are he isn't getting it.

5/10

This. Too early for me to restate what has already been said.

Edited by Bee

Okay, I've never really got the whole "buttface" thing. Is that an inside joke among the FE4 crew or something, because his face doesn't really look like a butt to me.

Somebody said it ('haha he has a butt for a face') in a draft long ago, I think. It's the same reason we have Roddlebad the Bad and Fat Shota Sigurd.

Edited by Integrity

He can stand on mountains and counterkill stray wyverns in a couple of chapters using Elthund/Tron. Hawk is way better at that type of thing when he's around, but Hawk has B-staves which means he might be doing something that contributes to seizes.

4/10

Somebody said it ('haha he has a butt for a face') in a draft long ago, I think. It's the same reason we have Roddlebad the Bad and Fat Shota Sigurd.

it was either you, horace or shin

He's not great. Promotion to Magefighter isn't fantastic compared to Sage or Mage Knight, but he copes. Uses only Wind before promotion, but who cares? You'd want to use Wind anyway, right? He's pretty average and low on the totem pole for getting the Pursuit Ring. Unfortunate because he's really not that bad.

5/10

He is one of the best subs, but he's still average. Amid can do his job, yes, but his mobility, attack, durability and speed are pretty average. I don't find him good at anything in particular.

5/10.