Draft Forum Poll

Tangerine

63 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see happen with Draft threads?

• Lump all draft threads into a single sub-forum in General FE.
    • Give them their own sections within the proper forum.
    • Leave it the way it is now.
    • Other (Specify)

So Vincent and I have been talking about what to do about the draft complaints and some ideas came up in my threads already. We basically decided it'd be best to just ask you guys what you want to do with it since you are the ones participating in the drafts themselves. I'll go over some of the options for anyone not fully aware of what they entail.

Lump all draft threads into a single sub-forum in General FE: Every single draft from the series will be put into one sub-forum.

Pros:

-Draft threads will all be in one spot, allowing one centralized area for all draft activity.

Cons:

-People interested in doing a certain game may not want to have to look through all the others.

-For those of you who use drafts as a means of tier or efficiency discussion, it will now be separated from their respective forums and more of a hassle to access.

Give them their own section within their respective forum: Every FE section will have its own Draft area.

Pros:

-You will be able to easily locate all active drafts related to the game you wish to play and discuss.

Cons:

-If you want to play multiple game drafts at the same time it could be a hassle to go through each game forum to get to them.

Leave it the way it is now:

Pros:

-Uhhh, none really. We get complaints for it :P:.

Cons:

-Messy sections, unhappy group of users who do not do drafts.

Let us know what you think!

Edit: Please don't argue about why you are picking what, I will delete the posts. We just want your votes, the last thread was the discussion thread.

Edited by Tangerine

If we give them their own subforums within the individual FE boards, would Drafting Tournaments Explained stay in General FE?

The two drafts i've participated in so far have stated in the title which game it's for. If draft starters keep doing that, then I don't see #1 as a problem. Leaving it as it is now is definitely a bad idea if it's getting enough complaints that this topic actually had to be made. #2 could work, but as stated, those wanting to do multiple drafts at once (why in the hell would you want to do something like that when half the drafts don't finish anyway) might not want to have to search each forum for drafts.

And I guess an argument in favor of giving them all their own forum is the frequency of drafts finishing. The first one I was in I was the only one to complete so far, but I hear that some other drafts don't always finish either.

I choose the first option. It would also make it more reasonable to have draft-related topics like draft tier lists.

In the case of the first option, would draft tier lists be stickied? It would help them get some discussion going, at least. It's pretty hard to argue performance with limited experience, and not many people have played many drafts (I'm working on FE8 so I can host the list for that one more effectively), so a little encouragement may be in order.

Or maybe have a mix between #1 and #2. Like having a general draft forum that is integrated by sub forums (of each FE in the series) with the respective drafts.

I like this, but I think the drafts can be lumped together by universe (in the case of Elibe/Magvel, have them on one sub-forum).

I'd say option 1, but I have a question.

If a draft thread doesn't mention the game in the title, would you put the game in the title? For exmaple, if there was a draft thread in the FE7 forum called "Draft X", would it be changed to "(FE7) Draft X" or something like that?

I couldn't care less about drafts and I still don't see how anyone could even consider complaining about this. My vote goes to leaving them as they are, and really, there aren't enough that it would be that much trouble for anyone to have them all in their own board, either. Separate boards for each game's drafts would just result in too many boards with not enough point... General NES/SNES and GBA draft boards within their respective general boards might work, but there wouldn't be a good way to extend that to the more recent games.

I'm strongly in favor of option #1. I don't really care about drafts; however, it's pretty annoying if the subforum for a specific FE keeps getting marked as having new posts pretty much constantly as long as drafts are going on. This is, in fact, the main reason for why my activity in the actual FE boards has ceased almost entirely - I just can't be bothered to check all subforums a hundred times a day just to avoid missing a thread that I'm actually interested in. Option #2 would not solve this problem for me.

I agree with the poster above. It's not easy to see whats going on in each section with it being clogged with drafts.

Edited by luigi bros