Class Base Stats and Promotion Gains

Othin

Dumb question, but does class bases usually reflect caps at 20/20?

Also seems kind of dumb that warriors and berserkers dont have the same base strength, but dat skill on warriors. ( compared to berserkers)

Not always. In FE12, Paladins have 8 base Def, while Generals have 15, but both cap the stat at 30. This can lead to some weird results with Reclassing, especially at the sorts of high levels and stats allowed by grinding, with caps not accommodating stat changes. The main examples are FE4 and TRS, both of which had caps (for basic stats, anyway, not HP or Luck or anything) set universally at base +15.

Also, stat caps definitely seem weird in FE13, with Ayra having her Spd and Skl at nearly 40, and Vake as a Fighter/Brigand was able to have a Str of 21.

Edited by Othin

I thnk the caps for all classes will be all 40s except hp , like in gaiden , that would explain arya's and vake's stats .

I doubt it. Caps are high, but I don't think there's any real possibility that they're uniform. FE1 and FE3 had uniform caps, but FE11 and FE12 did not, adding varied caps: indicating that IS cares about varied caps and would maintain them here.

Well do you think the caps are variations of numbers in the 30s like 3rd tier classes in radiant dawn ?

I suspect they vary even more than that. I still think it's likely that the numbers are calculated by adding something to the base stats, like how caps in FE4 and TRS were always the base +15.

I'm not sure what numbers they'd use here, though. My first thought was base +25, since that would allow Generals to have a Def cap of 40 with their 15 base Def, which I would have thought would be enough. However, even with the Swordmaster base of 13 Spd, Ayra has 13 Spd, and it doesn't appear to be capped. So in that case, it's at least +26 and almost certainly at least +27. Which just sounds odd; it would either require the numbers to vary to odd values for different stats or require the stats to potentially go higher than 40. So maybe that's not the case; both sound stranger than having caps that vary on their own.

Regardless, I expect we'll see a wide range of caps, with promoted classes probably getting some caps as low as 25 or even 20, with the highest being at least 40. I don't think we'll see caps higher than 40, but we can't rule out the possibility.

Why does MU have higher Str than Mag in the video?! I hope we get to alter that somehow like in FE12 without having to make him a DMage. We already have a sword proficient lord, I want MU to be magic heavy :(.

Well, if this continues the 11/12 tradition, enemies' DEF will be WAY higher than their RES, and on top of that magic lets you attack at 1-2 range instead of just 1 range. Having lower MAG just helps to make swords not worthless on MU.