Dumb Stuff We Thought As Kids

Rezzy

Anybody have stuff they believed as kids that seems pretty funny today?

When I was a kid, when I heard someone was autistic, I thought they were saying they were "artistic".

When I saw bed sheets drying on the clothesline, I thought it was giant underwear.

I got one of my Dad's T-shirts and put a belt around my waist, acting like I was Link from the Legend of Zelda

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a wee lad I believed that one could possibly outrun the sun if they tried hard enough.

I used to be afraid of the dark because I always felt that monsters would manifest and "get me."

I hated being home schooled after school from my mom, but now that I'm older, I understand why even if it made Gohan from DragonBall Z a character I could relate to.

When I was younger I believed that it was bad luck to open a packet of potato chips from the bottom.

I also believed that if you press your belly button to much, your rear end will fall off.

Once I believed that people that lived in the past lived in a world were it was black and white because of the black and white photographs they were in.

Edited by Kevlar

my uncle convinced me that pressing the button on his car's emergency brake would make it explode

Edited by The Red

Well I used to tell myself as a kid that I would have my type one diabetes cured before I turned 25, sad to say that I lied to myself. I also used to believe that if I lost blood I would die, made my life hell because my dad would check my blood sugar and the meters back then used so much blood I would freak out every time he checked my sugar when I was little. I used to think that my toys came to life at night like in Toy Story, except that they had to eat real food and had to steal it at night.

that i'd grow up happy

also i guess that the teachers use to shove children into closets and put their corpses in the graves at school

they were flowerbeds

I was afraid of watching TV without being fully clothed because I thought the people on the other side of the screen could see me.

I also thought I was straight. Turns out that isn't true.

Edited by DarkDestr0yer61

I was with my family on a long car trip through the night and I wondered why the moon was following us.

this

also, my parents made me believe eating clams would make you turn into one

i also thought if i accidentally swallowed watermelon seeds, a watermelon would grow in my stomach