Fire Emblem: Fellowship of Demons

Ryrumeli

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creepy stalker's first post on these forums. But in all seriousness, this looks incredible. I can sprite decently well, but being a new person, I don't think it would really be my place to take up a slot....

This shows great potential and I would love to see the finished product. Best regards.

Edited by SCF

@Cam: That is very interesting, that could be useful indeed. :) Did you take part already in a project that involves the voice like a LP or a Stream? Because I *think* I might have heard your voice already.

Take your pick.

Alternately, you can flip through

vids if you want some contrast.

And I swear to god I don't always sound that bored.

Edited by 王運鈴

@Arch: I know how your voice sounds, Arch, worry not, it is an honor you took an interest to my project. Please, if possible be also consider adding a character in(There is no rule against having someone doing your sprite for you, credits will be clear in the hack), and again, I think I will have fun at the audition stage, really think so. :)

I'm having Astelaine sprite a half-body for submission into the hack. Looking forward to submitting something :).

@Lumi: Glad you liked it, Lumi, all the credit to that goes to you and Vamp though. :) Also, sorry I didn't make you blinking frames, but the rules I set for this project forbid me of altering anything but rogue pixels in the source works, so yeah. XD

@SCF: Then how couldn't I feel honored with a new member posting for the first time just to bid my project good luck? Thanks a lot for your support, and welcome to this place. :) Please, if you feel you can't sprite that well(Trying it is always a good way to know for sure though, as long as you don't get too disappointed in case you can't), at least consider joining this project in another specification in the future. :) And thanks a lot again for your support!

@Arch: Oh my thanks a lot, you don't need to worry with deadlines for now, so tell Astelaine to have fun while doing it. ^_^ Oh boy, I surely have to get finished with the character sheets ASAP, people's interest here is really heart warming. ^_^

@Kai: The credits to those go straight to their respective authors. Indeed, we have some great artists here no? :)

Also, the video I tried posting in the last post, only I didn't have enough rights to post more than one youtube video in the same post. XD

Oh my, you've certainly caught my attention with this project. I'm decent with spiriting, and with some counseling, I think I'll be able to get a half-body together and join this little pow-wow, if thats okay :)

I'm not really a hacker though (I've only delved into simple nightmare edits), and i dont have a mic for voice acting (:/) but I'll help out in any way possible if it's needed.

Damn this looks good. All I can say is good luck to everyone who is joining up a sprite, and if anyone is in need of a male voice, do let me know, I'll see if I can help you out. It's certainly the only chance I would have to be involved in something like this.

@Lumi: Glad you liked it, Lumi, all the credit to that goes to you and Vamp though. :) Also, sorry I didn't make you blinking frames, but the rules I set for this project forbid me of altering anything but rogue pixels in the source works, so yeah. XD

Oh, derp. I forgot to merge my blinking frame layers, silly me.

s33cp1.jpg

Now with blinking!

Also the butterfly effect is awesome.

It isn't like I am bad at spriting, I have been doing it on pixeltendo/thespriters resource on and off for like 7-8 years now. I just don't want to steal a slot from someone who is actually around here often. It wouldn't feel right to me...

Nice butterfly.

Edited by SCF

@DualSilverGunner: You know what, that is what I love about projects like this, when they somehow help us feel like stretching our limits. In a sense this is the main idea behind this whole project of mine, stretching limits, doing what I never did before and going for something new and unique. You being so willing to try to do something like that is quite exciting to me, the thought that my hack could be giving someone motivation to break a limit. ^_^

It would be more than ok to have your work in my hack, it would be a pleasure. :)

@TourGuide: Soon enough I will be posting a sheet for those who want to join up as VAs, and be ready for the character auditions. It would be grand if you could join. As I stated before I think I will be having tons of fun in this project coordinating all that. :3

@Lumi: Saved. And don't worry, I know what is like to mess up yer' layers. (Ever since that day I save copies of my files with layer-enabled formats just in case. XD)

@SCF: Do know this, SCF, this topic wasn't posted on SF alone, I have also posted this same topic in 3 other forums(This is the most active topic of all of those though, I do admit it. :)). This project's goal is to capture the attention of everyone who could be interested in an FE Hack, and if you're here posting your interest I do believe it also includes you. ^_^

I understand if you think it wouldn't feel right, but I honestly believe you're also a part of the target audience of this topic like everyone else here. Plus, do know that the hack will have space for many many different characters, I am not thinking of a limit of slots, only the "1 of each class restriction". :) Plus, if it helped your decision process, you could sprite for a class which people tend to not pick too easily(Something like spriting a Warrior, a Dancer, Wyvern Knight, Berserker, General.) You could even wait a bit, see what doesn't fill up, and go for that.

I just want to be democratic here, and in democracy everyone is equal. ^_^ Regardless of your final decision, thanks a lot for even considering to join, as I stated before I feel proud of this interest alone already. :)

This sprite is made for Furetchen <3

2d9zbqv.jpg

With frames!

2e360pc.jpg

Snipah. <3

Also some voice samples. I sound so androgynous even in the baritone register. @____@ (please don't laugh at my shitty reading skills ; w;)

Upper quartile

median

Lower quartile

Yay for King Lear excerpts :P

Edited by Luminescent Kitty

@SCF: Good pick. ^_^ Then again, I personally would recommend an armor class or an axe-wielding class. I personally see Druids as a relatively common class for people to pick. While summoners are less common, but I think we might get one in the future. Of course, you can do anything you want, I too love to play with concepts of characters never done. :3

@Lumi: That is another great work, congrats. :) Since you're now officially the second spriter that used my system the most(before only myself. Obviously. XD), how is it like to sprite in it? The two systems, for extra colors and for different heights, are they hard to use? Are they helpful? Feedback for me is important, always. :)

BTW, regarding your samples, I rather like them. Remind me of the voice for my own GF, so even out of the fear of sounding biased due to that your voice is interesting, honestly. :) Also, nice pick for text. ^_^

@Bryan: Thanks a lot for the kind words. ^_^ Would you be interested in providing something else to the hack, like perhaps joining our voice actor bank? Then again, just your kind words were a lot of help for the project. :)

@Octavian: Heh, perfect timing then. XD Use the sheet I am about to post for the next attempt. :)

Also, announcement, the character and voice actor sheets are finally here, so inscriptions are officially open! :D

Sheet for Characters:

https://docs.google....ktMOWc6MQ#gid=0

Sheet for Voice Actors:

https://docs.google....oOEltNFVLV0E6MQ

Use these to subscribe your characters. The character sheet has a field for the graphics, and the voice actor sheet focuses also on forms of protection to Voice Actors' identity. Read them if you guys are interested, and thanks a lot already for all the support. ^_^ All people that already have their graphics ready have an upperhand on creation of characters I admit. XD

Keep in mind, for now at least only a single unit from each class will be picked; You can pick unprommoted classes, but it isn't recommended.(Not like it will make such an world of difference if you do though.)

Also, any feedback on those sheets, or anything, use this or any of the sister topics. This project works on the philosophy of continuous improvement, so any form of feedback is an opportunity of growth. ;)

Edited by Ryrumeli

@Tourguide: That is a great question. It is like auditions for example broadway plays, you have to read out something you a) know well enough so you trust your words or b) read something which you believe does make your voice stand out.

Of course, anything applies here. Even LPs and Streams and any other form of link which features your voice, even in daily situations. No need to create content if you have it already, and also no reason to demand for example shakespeare reading from VAs, don't you agree? :)

@Jealousy: I am glad the system I picked for the subscriptions is to your liking. ^_^ And please, by all means, have fun spriting. :3

@Joerachi: The list of classes will be the same as the one available in FE8. Albeit I will feature in the hack Xeld's patch for multi weapons, and my personal hack which shows all 8 weapon types in a single unit, so the hack would in theory support that. Maybe a really outstanding provider of content for the project in the future might earn through hard work a custom class(if of course all others in the project are for it, justice for all), and said class could feature both say swords and anima. But even then, since this unit would have MAG being shown as the damaging attribute, it isn't optimal IMHO either. Sowwy. :( On the other hand, there will be some interesting gameplay changes in the project that should compensate for that, and those are under development right now, stay tunned. ^_^

@Kitty of Time: Much like it will happen with Music people, ASMers, Event Scripters, Hacking Consultants, or any other person I might recruit in the future for a specific position, all invitations like these will go trough me personally. So don't worry about it at all, ok? :)

My mind has been blown at this hack's epicness. This looks amazing. I would love to help, but unfortunately I have no computer mic, nor am I a great spriter. You do have my support, though.

27f64f16422bd2a15131cdd.png

This thing doesn't have enough tits yet, so, reworking old stuff for an entry. Just posting to ask if an NPC like this would be a viable character or not. If not, sexy maid cleric, gogogo?

WHAT SAY YOU, RYRU?

Edited by seph1212

@MarioKirby: And I appreciate your offer of support, this hack grows with contributions, and your support helps this more than you believe. ^_^ Hope we can live up to your expectations. ;)

@Trent: I say that she is sexy enough to be my personal maid! ...err, what! Did I say that out loud? Darn, hope my GF doesn't see this! XD

But yeah, one of the main issues I will be having for my hack is the spriting of Generics for houses and stuff. I will have like 5 houses/villages in the map in the current plan, but I only have 1.5 halfbodies of NPCs ready for this task. Obviously I will be making more half bodies of generics as we go, but considering I am also making the main enemies for the chapter, and the ASM hacks and event sheet and the custom battle sprite for the lord and the management and direction of VAs and stuff, indeed that is not the easiest of tasks on my lap. XD

But again, she could also fit in as a character entry, honestly, if that was what you would be interested in posting as your character entry. But again I didn't make a specific sheet for that, but I accept entries for NPCs as well.(Was going to save these words for when slots for character were rarer, but regardless will be saying this now.XD)

So your pick, I will be honored with your submission if you send her as either. ^_^

@Joe: Nice voice, I consider your voice matching for a Knightly attitude, really. :) Again, thanks a lot for taking interest in this.

I thank already everyone that already filled in the inscription sheets, in record time as well, it makes everything more organized on my end, so I really appreciate it. ^_^

BTW, guys, might have some more info on the chapter released anytime up to this weekend(Then a mid term week, and then ASM work. Love my schedule. :3)

Edited by Ryrumeli