Project dondon

dondon151

Mind spoiling the first turn for me? I took 12 turns when I tried it out, and I'd like to try again and cut down.

Matthew open left door

Astor open right door

Hector recruit Barth

Barth moves above Hector and rescues him

Oswin moves so that Barth can hand him off to him on the next turn by moving up+left with his max move

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or alternatively

T1

Matthew open left door

Astor open right door

Hector recruit Barth

Oswin moves so that he can spear the right hero

Barst trades Oswin and KOs

T2

Hector moves west

Matthew gets chest

Astor moves into range of warrior

Barst opens door.

Oswin talks to barst

And leave it at that.

If anyone has a method for chapter two in the first few turns, I'd love to hear it. I cannot for the love of myself figure out how to tackle this chapter and get a 6 turn. I was told one of idea of a sword killer method, but the turn arrangement in the early part to get that set-up later to KO the boss is eluding me.

Edited by Eryth

Interesting. I found that rescuing the NPCs was more efficient than rescuing Hector. That way he can recruit on the way, if you plan right. Also, I always got the Steel Axe on the first turn, and had the Hero die during enemy phase.

The second chapter is messing me up too. I'm rushing, and the swordmasters just own me. Sigh...

Edited by Oleksandr

Tried out the first chapter about an hour ago (haha... an hour). The difficulty is pretty intense, but doable. I more or less got the first two turns down, but after that I'm still experimenting.

I'm thoroughly impressed with how well this was thought out so far.

Edited by HeroMystic

If anyone has a method for chapter two in the first few turns, I'd love to hear it. I cannot for the love of myself figure out how to tackle this chapter and get a 6 turn. I was told one of idea of a sword killer method, but the turn arrangement in the early part to get that set-up later to KO the boss is eluding me.

i heard that rescue chains and trade chains are some of dondon's favorite things

Interesting to see how many ways you guys are doing turn 1 of Chapter 1 with so few options :P:

Edited by dondon151

• 1 month later...

I thought I had a 8-turn planned out for chapter 1. But I run into some problems at the last turn.

Serra and Either Dorcas or Oswin cannot tackle the boss together.

Barth can attack with the short spear on the same turn but then he cannot drop Lucius. If Lucius isn't dropped then hector cannot recruit him on that same turn while on the boss's old spot.

I must be missing something.

EDIT: The starting Heroes can have either 11 or 12 Str to spawn with. (resulting in either just not or just 2-hitting matthew.) Maybe the boss also has slightly different spawn attributes on his HP, Def and Res? That would make the chances of 8-turnign a lot harder if he just barely can survive.

Edited by Silith

i designed the boss to be more beatable with lucius (he doubles the boss), but some strategies use the trick of recruiting lucius and escaping on the same turn. i'm not sure if an 8 turn is possible like that.

by the way, hack is on indefinite hiatus until i get some things finished.

Edited by dondon151

If only this would work.

2sayzp4.png

EDIT: With 4 people to recruit and needing the 8th turn to step on the boss's spot that leaves only 3 turns to walk around (or get carried around) for Hector.

With the need to recruit Barth at turn 1 and then having to take the left side turns 2 and 3 are "walking turns"

Then You'll have to decide between goign into Dorcas's pit and recruiting him there forcing you to take a "walking 5th turn" or to let Oswin pick up Dorcas on the 4th turn and drop him next to Hector on the 5th in which case the 4th turn is a "walking turn". After that I don't see any way to bring Serra over quickly enough because it seems impossible for anyone to reach her by turn 5 to pick her up. Because turns 6 and 7 need to be recruiting turns for Serra and Lucius or else Hector won't be able to arrive on turn 8.

Dilema's. I'm probably missing something.

EDIT AGAIN: I found a way to recruit Lucius at turn 6 but sadly Matthew who has picked up Serra at turn 5 is now stuck in the chamber behind the enemy assassin and I kinda need him to give Serra to Oswin RIGHT NOW!

EDIT the 3th!: I found an 8-turn but it requires the bottom left hero to hit Matthew twice so he's low enough HP that the assassin will attack him on turn 4. He then has to only dodge a 97% hit to counterattack and one-round the assassin. Yup. I'm still missing something but I'm getting closer.

EDIT #4!: I did it!

2lm3xpu.png

I even get to put the physic staff on Lucius and the Silver lance on Oswin. Project Dondon chapter 1 cleared at turn 8!

2yxp6jl.png

EDIT #5 (to avoid double posting):

Wasn't really satisfied with my first successfull attempt so I went back and redid chapter 1.

Changes include:

- Dorcas wastes less Short bow uses.

- At turn 7 Astor has the Iron Sword equipped so he won't waste Slim Sword uses.

- Hector and Barth position better at turn 6 so the right General survives.

- Slim Sword ends on Barth, Physic on Lucius and the Silver Lance on Oswin.

- Astor and Matthew steal both the general's vulneraries.

2hmlzic.png

Edited by Silith

• 2 months later...

so it's been awhile

i am on break and have started working on this again. before moving forward, though, i decided to go back and revise the finished maps. i'll cut to the chase: i need playtesters for a revision of chapter 1. please PM me if you're interested. i'd prefer that you were a previous playtester or have played the old chapter 1.

quick preview of the differences:

newchapter1.png

it plays very differently from before! amazing what a few changes to the starting positions can do.

(although enemy equipment, chest locations, door locations, etc. have been tweaked too. so it really does play quite differently.)

Edited by HORSEBlRD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

^so is mini-modding, last I checked

been a while since I heard progress on this indeed, also are there any LPs of this or even just a video playthrough w/o commentary? :O

Oh dangit.

This is interesting. Is he working on it again?

Necroposting has indeed happened, but I would like renewed interest in this. I enjoyed "The Don's" take on the fire emblem mechanics by removing stat increases. It really makes a interesting puzzle to try solving with the limited resources and what I thought to be really well laid out positions. It greatly limits the number of viable strategies. Espeically typical fire emblem strategies which greatly simplifies the game, but at the same time I saw plenty of people have different takes on simply chapter 1 for completion. I do wish there was a battle preparation option for chapter two and onwards. Although, I forget if chapter 3 had it or any of the future chapters.

Anyway, I finally got some free time and was hoping to see how the new chapter one played out along with get others interested in this again.

Edited by Eri