Fire Emblem: Rising War (Prologue chapter released!)

Pixelman

yes it should

Also updated post with review

7.9/10

[spoiler=Screenshot L- I mean Review.]

ending stuff i forgot to put:

Y34xGF3.png

I ended up having to use the javelin because im horrible at fe i almost dies

AND ROY STRIKES THE FINISHING BLOW

YGptcrX.png

wow roy wow

even in this game your terrible

and i havent even play fe6 -_-

G3B7yCq.png

Weird background flicker again

JFO67So.png

Um. What.

sHvzLRc.png

No, you're Kent.

1. Fixed javelin thing.

2. Roy's probably bad in the original because he promotes when there's 4 chapters left -_-

3. That has to do with the code. Ignore it.

4. Okay everyone. Utaise is a country north of Gradus. It also got captured along with Terras and Ataria.

5. Lloyd guy is named Rigen. Obviously, he doesn't believe Roy, so he plays around by saying he's Zephiel. He really isn't : ]

New patch (Version 1.1) Will be released soon.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3. That has to do with the code. Ignore it.

Can I see? i remember I used to have this problem, but I think by rearranging the code I fixed it. (Well it was wrong until then..)

Edited by MasterKeeperâ„¢

OK well, your MUS1, TEX1, and REMA are supposed to be outside (or at least for me).

Here's an example from one of my events:

Opening_event:
OOBB
MUS1 0x000B 
//stuff
FADI 7
BACG 0x00
FADU 7
TEX1 0x0800
REMA
//stuff

OK well, your MUS1, TEX1, and REMA are supposed to be outside (or at least for me).

Here's an example from one of my events:

Opening_event:
OOBB
MUS1 0x000B 
//stuff
FADI 7
BACG 0x00
FADU 7
TEX1 0x0800
REMA
//stuff

Probably won't fix it now. Version 1.1 has been released, fixes name and description for Rigen and adds a hand axe for Bazba.

Also, you're showing your Opening event. I'm showing my ending event -_-

Edited by PixelmanFE

Do you mean like 'Oh that won't work'

or

'No im to lazy ill do it later'

or

'im too late to release it in V1.1'

?

Not to be rude lol...

1. I released V1.1 when you told me to show you the code. Therefore, it's a waste of time to make a new patch just to fix one problem that could siply be ignored.

2. It's already fixed.

3. It's already fixed.

LOL

Not to be rude lol...

1. I released V1.1 when you told me to show you the code. Therefore, it's a waste of time to make a new patch just to fix one problem that could siply be ignored.

2. It's already fixed.

3. It's already fixed.

LOL

Not really rude...

I wasn't asking you to make a new patch, I thought you meant 'Oh screw that i'll just leave it or something'

.__.

Also, regarding opening/closing event, HOW would that change?

It's an example; it wouldn't have been different if I did a Turn event either.

Edited by MasterKeeperâ„¢

Not really rude...

I wasn't asking you to make a new patch, I thought you meant 'Oh screw that i'll just leave it or something'

.__.

Also, regarding opening/closing event, HOW would that change?

I guess I said that because I thought I sounded blunt. Meh

I dunno.

So....

this hack is practically unplayable because difficulty. And it's not in a fun, challenging way. It's in a "FUCK THIS SHIT" way. Sorry to seem blunt.

First off.... don't give enemies ranged AND melee options ON THE PROLOGUE. Don't give enemies vulneraries ON THE PROLOGUE. DON'T GIVE MAGES THUNDER ON THE PROLOGUE. Don't make it a defense-rounded chapter when there's a TON of enemies (For a prologue) and there's only 2 vulns while all of the allies have terrible defense. Advice: A hack made to be hard isn't hard in this way. This hack also has subpar portraits, but you know, that doesn't really matter.

All I'm saying is: You suck at making things difficult, and this REALLY needs to be improved.

Also, two typos:

5oCHUIW.png (Should be they're)

xmtPssw.png(Pick shouldn't be capital.)

Edited by The JOJ

Really? For me, the level of difficulty made it more fun. It wasn't too hard, but it wasn't SS easy. And from playing SS a lot lately, this was nice.

Although: The mages had thunder? I didn't notice that. O.o

AND I DIDN'T NOTICE THE VULNERARIES EITHER!

Neither of those things are good.

I suggest take out vulneraries and change thunder to fire (or just make the melee units).

Anways.

Now that I think about it, the ranged & melee thing isn't too good either. It seems slightly unnecessary.

So, aside from the things mentioned above, you could/should also: lower enemy stats a tad (maybe 1 in HP or str), and take away any player and enemy long ranged weapons.

So....

this hack is practically unplayable because difficulty. And it's not in a fun, challenging way. It's in a "FUCK THIS SHIT" way. Sorry to seem blunt.

First off.... don't give enemies ranged AND melee options ON THE PROLOGUE. Don't give enemies vulneraries ON THE PROLOGUE. DON'T GIVE MAGES THUNDER ON THE PROLOGUE. Don't make it a defense-rounded chapter when there's a TON of enemies (For a prologue) and there's only 2 vulns while all of the allies have terrible defense. Advice: A hack made to be hard isn't hard in this way. This hack also has subpar portraits, but you know, that doesn't really matter.

All I'm saying is: You suck at making things difficult, and this REALLY needs to be improved.

Also, two typos:

5oCHUIW.png (Should be they're)

xmtPssw.png(Pick shouldn't be capital.)

Thanks for the grammar errors! I'll make sure to fix those next release.

As for the difficulty? You're probably playing it wrong. I won't spoil much, but you have to think. Hard. I made sure you had to find where to go next, and not just tackle it head on. You should only be turtling for a little bit before strategically thinking about what to do next. It shouldn't be too hard when you figure out what to do.

Also, there's a reason for a lot of enemies. If you haven't read, this will be a condensed, 10 chapter hack. I'm lowering the level caps to level 11 (thanks to this nightmare module I found). This is so you easily level up for the later chapters. I'll also give you a hint: train up Zhen. He promotes in chapter 5, which gives you 6 chapters to train him. Especially with the altered level cap, that shouldn't be to hard.

Really? For me, the level of difficulty made it more fun. It wasn't too hard, but it wasn't SS easy. And from playing SS a lot lately, this was nice.

Although: The mages had thunder? I didn't notice that. O.o

AND I DIDN'T NOTICE THE VULNERARIES EITHER!

Neither of those things are good.

I suggest take out vulneraries and change thunder to fire (or just make the melee units).

Anways.

Now that I think about it, the ranged & melee thing isn't too good either. It seems slightly unnecessary.

So, aside from the things mentioned above, you could/should also: lower enemy stats a tad (maybe 1 in HP or str), and take away any player and enemy long ranged weapons.

Ranged weapons are for difficulty. There aren't much vulneraries either.

I put ranged weapons in because that would make the javelin godly. I don't want that. Also, think logically: why in the world would a whole empire NOT give their soldiers and mercenaries ranged weapons to avoid any face to face combat? Also, the lightning? Shouldn't be too hard to beat. I didn't give that guy a vulnerary or any healing of some sort, and I gave you three vulneraries, so that shouldn't hold you back.

Some of the things I throw at you guys are easy (or should be). That's why I give enemies vulneraries. Like hand axe with, like, 25 hit? PPSSHHH! why wouldn't I give that poor mercenary a vulnerary? They are not all dumb, you know...

I'll see what I can do with altering stats. The strength was actually increased by 2, but I was against it, and made it 1. Or 0. I really don't know, haha.

ranged weapons are artificial difficulty that relies on rng to hit or miss

early on, it should definitely be restricted to 1 or 2 ranged weapons on a map with the majority being 1 range or tomes

in early versions of dof i had the prologue with pretty much 75% handaxes and people would just die to chip or it would just stall the chapter

it's a pretty bullshit way to stack damage that the player cannot counter unless they have plenty of 1-2 range weapons as well

javelins cannot be godly if only 1 playable unit has them, since they can only attack once in their player phase to abuse their 2 range. everything else is a counter at 1 range unless other units have 2 range. using the story/background/setting excuse to verify enemy equipment is a flaw. if this was an empire, why don't they just have the best accessible equipment possible? such as steel or silver lances?

early vulneraries just improves their durability provided they are not killed, which just clogs the map and makes it unnecessarily long when clearing units

also note i haven't played the hack, i'm just giving my input on the apparent "ranged weapon spam"

also you can never count out the 25% hit rate

never

if you do it will bite you in the ass

Edited by AstraLunaSol

i played the first chapter and thought it worked fine. the enemy's are strong enough that they don't become trivial but not overpowered so they become a chore. i will say though that you should liven up the enemys standing there a bit more. say gice them the higher concentration of ranged weapons. also if you want to spice up enemy weapons a little bit try making the weaker ones hold stronger weapons like a level one myrm with a silver sword and a level 3 myrm with a stl sword. overall it's doing well so far. if you want i could make you a few maps by request? the options open.

ranged weapons are artificial difficulty that relies on rng to hit or miss

early on, it should definitely be restricted to 1 or 2 ranged weapons on a map with the majority being 1 range or tomes

in early versions of dof i had the prologue with pretty much 75% handaxes and people would just die to chip or it would just stall the chapter

it's a pretty bullshit way to stack damage that the player cannot counter unless they have plenty of 1-2 range weapons as well

javelins cannot be godly if only 1 playable unit has them, since they can only attack once in their player phase to abuse their 2 range. everything else is a counter at 1 range unless other units have 2 range. using the story/background/setting excuse to verify enemy equipment is a flaw. if this was an empire, why don't they just have the best accessible equipment possible? such as steel or silver lances?

early vulneraries just improves their durability provided they are not killed, which just clogs the map and makes it unnecessarily long when clearing units

also note i haven't played the hack, i'm just giving my input on the apparent "ranged weapon spam"

also you can never count out the 25% hit rate

never

if you do it will bite you in the ass

About the 2 range spam thing:

Upon counting the allies and enemies, there are 7 enemies that have 2 range weapons. One is sitting on a village, two run toward you, and the rest wait until you're in range to attack. The boss also waits until you're in range but doesn't move.

Thanks for the input guys. I hope to release version 1.3 with the following:

• Village events
  • fixed texts
  • decreased stats
  • less 2 range weapons
  • very little eventing of chapter one (map and starting text with ally placement)
  • less vulneraries
  • new death quotes

Is there anything else I should note?

EDIT:

@ShinyPichu: if anything, I have chapters prologue-chapter 6 complete. A finale would be sweet, but making a little map would be nice also. Even though I won't take contributions yet, it would be great if someone can make a map before hand, then ask for my ok.

Edited by PixelmanFE

That sounds like your hack will be balanced! Good luck~

Also yes village events ftw!

I personally don't know about balancing. If anyone saw my long triple post, you might see this is split into parts. Part 1 is easy, while Part 2 is hard.

Also, I can't believe I didn't show you guys this. This is Lord Riscall, that guy that they have been mentioning in the prologue

Qmzx9GO.png

Edited by PixelmanFE

By balanced I mean(t);

• Not incredibly hard.
  • Not stupidly easy.
  • Makes sense.
  • Probably something else I'm forgetting.

Oh.

I thought you meant like Do5 balance.

Yeah, I'll probably do what you said.

(The balance in Do5 is pretty spot on, and I love the idea, but I just don't want to do it.)

Also, the layout for chapter 1:

Zhen, Rigen, and Roy head out of the town to follow Arcard to House Riscall. However, Arcard won't make it easy. He has got Duke Darran, a selfish duke, to join his side, by promising him wealth. The duke then confronts the rebels, mocking them for being, "inexperienced and weak". Rigen, angered by this (His parents were killed in a battle against Duke Darran, in case you were wondering), confronts the Duke and injured him. The duke, angered by this, rushes to his castle, and orders the mercenaries and his soldiers to assault the team head on. Zhen's party will also fight for their lives, as Zephiel's army closes in on the east. Meanwhile, Zhen will meet and new ally, and young noble who has studied the arts of healing...

Will Zhen and his party defeat the Duke? Will Zephiel ever make it to the battlefield? Who is this, "noble"? Will Charizard ever trust Ash? Will the Sun God's Challenge EVER be released? Find out in... VERSION 2.0!

Edited by PixelmanFE

If you need someone to proofread your stuff beforehand, I can help.

Hey, that's great! I'll shoot you a PM with the script when I'm ready!

Same here about proofreading, and I may be able to help you by acting as a board for you to project your ideas into. It's almost always easier to shape an idea if you have someone to discuss it with.

Now to test this thing...

Edited by Zephias

Same here about proofreading, and I may be able to help you by acting as a board for you to project your ideas into. It's almost always easier to shape an idea if you have someone to discuss it with.

Now to test this thing...

Hey, sounds nice. I'll see what I can do! Do you want to discuss via PM?

Now, back to playing clarinet!

Edited by PixelmanFE

Posted (edited) · Hidden by eCut, October 2, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by eCut, October 2, 2013 - No reason given

Oops. double post for no reason. Might as well make it not useless.

I'm open for contributions now! If you want to take a shot at revamping mugs, making new mugs, making maps, or making new animation is fine by me. Keep note though, I have the right to reject any submissions. Now I just need to eidt the topic thing.

Edited by PixelmanFE