Bloodlines (2.4)

ghast

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HELLO EVERYONE! BLOODLINES 2.0 PUBLIC BETA IS HERE!

Click here to download the 2.0 Folder!

Patch goes to chapter 2-F

Before anyone asks, use NUPS and no your old save file will not work.

Before downloading or playing, please take a look at the README. This is a beta, and there are still things that are missing that you should be aware of.

[spoiler=known bugs/important notes]

Known Bugs/Important Notes-

-The female shaman class's disarmed animation CRASHES THE GAME, DO NOT DISARM NILOU.
-If you try to skip a riddle cutscene, the game may hang. You'll need to hit restart to get out of it.
- hitting B to skip cutscenes might merge a bunch of cutscenes together at times, so if you press B, just expect that it could happen.
- Chapter 5 can sometimes have its music feature get muted by some events, this seems to be random. If the music shuts itself out, then talk to the music guy again to restart the music.
- Chapter 5's Cryptic Note events are known to fail after collecting all 5 notes. Its just an Easter Egg, though. You can try restarting the chapter and acquiring the notes again. A second try may help.
- Due to the GBA's memory limitations, if you restart or suspend/resume in chapter 5, it will cause some NPC's to vanish from the map. So just save state instead. No one really suspend/resumes anyways these days!
- Redahli and Neville do not have Miss animations because of technical limitations. Additionally, Neville doesn't have a critical hit animation either.
- There currently isn't an animation for Kylah, Sirens.
- Purple and Green Units will not fight each other.
- Do not trade items to Caravels as they will not stay with your party.

[spoiler= Credits]
:::Credits:::
Writing
Ghast
Eventing
Ghast
Custom Hacking-
Tequila, Brendor, Zane Avernathy, Circles Everywhere, Lord Reyson, Camtech
Artwork
Portraits
Ghast, Solaris, Nih, Sqawl, Gabriel Knight, Nickt, Lenh, General Ciraxis, Esme, Coby The Kid, Matt Snow, Celice, Toa, L95, Aeorys
CG's
Ghast, Solaris, Inkwells.Split
Maps
Ghast, Matt Snow, Sqawl, Primefusion
Music
Sqawl, Siuloir, MageknightPacifica, Lawproto
Animations
Ghast, Sqawl, Smirks, Nih
Proofreading
Tequila, Sqawl, Solaris, Augustein
Beta Testing
Sqawl, Matt Snow, Gabriel Knight, Siuloir, Orange Scarlet, Nih, Tequila, MageknightPacifica, MarkyJoe1990, John Cooper, Zahlman, Inkwells.split, Augustein, broly_tkd, blofeld, ErrantShephard, Tchyrimi, InvdrZim13, Zahlman
Special Thanks
Huge shoutouts to my core team who have rolled with me since 1.0,
I friggin' love these dudes! Alusq, Solaris, Orange Scarlet, Gabriel Knight and Matt Snow.
---
Alusq, for always being there to help me whenever I had to ask for a favor and never asking anything in return.
He's been da real mvp.
Solaris, for his continued role major sprite contributor and CG artist. Always was up for the challenge to sprite my requests.
Primefusion,for being a willing friend to help me get over countless hacking obstacles.
Tequila, for amping up his role from proofreader to Hacking Wizard and creating the Fire Emblem 7 Str/Mag Split, as well as helping me debug the ROM when it broke and being super supportive throughout the development of 2.0.
Nih,for offering to revamp a lot of my bad portraits and buffing the art quality of the hack x100.
Siuloir,for the continued encouragement way back when.
Mangs for offering me profound feedback to help me improve the hack.
Mr. Entinen.for his excellent story writing help.
Blazer, for inspiring me to jump start my project and helping me with hacking.
Icytoast, Hextator, Zahlman, Nintenlord, Blazer, CedarNyx, Arch and the other hackers who paved the way for Fire Emblem hacking. Whether it was making nightmare modules, or ASM, or programs; thank you! you guys are the greatest for making this all possible!
#ThomasCole (I forgot this reference)
Thanks for playing and supporting the hack! Please enjoy!

Hopefully nothing breaks?
Have fun!

HELLO EVERYONE! BLOODLINES 2.0 PUBLIC BETA IS HERE!

Click here to download the 2.0 Folder!

Patch goes to chapter 2-F

Before anyone asks, use NUPS and no your old save file will not work.

Before downloading or playing, please take a look at the README. This is a beta, and there are still things that are missing that you should be aware of.

[spoiler=known bugs/important notes]

Known Bugs/Important Notes-

-The female shaman class's disarmed animation CRASHES THE GAME, DO NOT DISARM NILOU.
-If you try to skip a riddle cutscene, the game may hang. You'll need to hit restart to get out of it.
- hitting B to skip cutscenes might merge a bunch of cutscenes together at times, so if you press B, just expect that it could happen.
- Chapter 5 can sometimes have its music feature get muted by some events, this seems to be random. If the music shuts itself out, then talk to the music guy again to restart the music.
- Chapter 5's Cryptic Note events are known to fail after collecting all 5 notes. Its just an Easter Egg, though. You can try restarting the chapter and acquiring the notes again. A second try may help.
- Due to the GBA's memory limitations, if you restart or suspend/resume in chapter 5, it will cause some NPC's to vanish from the map. So just save state instead. No one really suspend/resumes anyways these days!
- Redahli and Neville do not have Miss animations because of technical limitations. Additionally, Neville doesn't have a critical hit animation either.
- There currently isn't an animation for Kylah, Sirens.
- Purple and Green Units will not fight each other.
- Do not trade items to Caravels as they will not stay with your party.

[spoiler= Credits]
:::Credits:::
Writing
Ghast
Eventing
Ghast
Custom Hacking-
Tequila, Brendor, Zane Avernathy, Circles Everywhere, Lord Reyson, Camtech
Artwork
Portraits
Ghast, Solaris, Nih, Sqawl, Gabriel Knight, Nickt, Lenh, General Ciraxis, Esme, Coby The Kid, Matt Snow, Celice, Toa, L95, Aeorys
CG's
Ghast, Solaris, Inkwells.Split
Maps
Ghast, Matt Snow, Sqawl, Primefusion
Music
Sqawl, Siuloir, MageknightPacifica, Lawproto
Animations
Ghast, Sqawl, Smirks, Nih
Proofreading
Tequila, Sqawl, Solaris, Augustein
Beta Testing
Sqawl, Matt Snow, Gabriel Knight, Siuloir, Orange Scarlet, Nih, Tequila, MageknightPacifica, MarkyJoe1990, John Cooper, Zahlman, Inkwells.split, Augustein, broly_tkd, blofeld, ErrantShephard, Tchyrimi, InvdrZim13, Zahlman
Special Thanks
Huge shoutouts to my core team who have rolled with me since 1.0,
I friggin' love these dudes! Alusq, Solaris, Orange Scarlet, Gabriel Knight and Matt Snow.
---
Alusq, for always being there to help me whenever I had to ask for a favor and never asking anything in return.
He's been da real mvp.
Solaris, for his continued role major sprite contributor and CG artist. Always was up for the challenge to sprite my requests.
Primefusion,for being a willing friend to help me get over countless hacking obstacles.
Tequila, for amping up his role from proofreader to Hacking Wizard and creating the Fire Emblem 7 Str/Mag Split, as well as helping me debug the ROM when it broke and being super supportive throughout the development of 2.0.
Nih,for offering to revamp a lot of my bad portraits and buffing the art quality of the hack x100.
Siuloir,for the continued encouragement way back when.
Mangs for offering me profound feedback to help me improve the hack.
Mr. Entinen.for his excellent story writing help.
Blazer, for inspiring me to jump start my project and helping me with hacking.
Icytoast, Hextator, Zahlman, Nintenlord, Blazer, CedarNyx, Arch and the other hackers who paved the way for Fire Emblem hacking. Whether it was making nightmare modules, or ASM, or programs; thank you! you guys are the greatest for making this all possible!
#ThomasCole (I forgot this reference)
Thanks for playing and supporting the hack! Please enjoy!

Hopefully nothing breaks?
Have fun!

Hell yeah

I'm not sure if this was just added in recently or not, but the best change that I see just starting the first chapter is that Bram actually has an iron sword with him now so you dont have to waste his prf weapon!

Congrats ghast for working on this for so long.

Edited by hhshark10

um so i downloaded it and it tried to launch it in visualboy advance and it sad :unsupported file type: do i need to modify it somehow?

Yes, you actually need to combine the patch with your Fire Emblem 7 rom file, you need to use a program called Nups: http://www.romhacking.net/download/utilities/606/

After you use that you should be able to play the romhack just fine.

So I'm on the first new chapter and it seems Bram is unable to talk to J.R. I'm not sure if it's a bug or if I'm doing something wrong. Since that's he could talk to him during the FEE3 showcase.

GKQgN5g.png

Hey Ghast. First of all, happy bday man!

Now, quick question, I'm at chapter 2-3, turn 8. I'm supposed to interact to the caravels, but it turns out that I cannot. I tried rescuing Redahli with Malcolm and bring her there (because I cannot go past the barrels that block my way) but she cannot interact with them as well. What I'm supposed to do? Am I missing something?

Thank yo :)

That's good to know, thank you for replying so fast :)

Anyways, thanks GOD Malcolm exists. I managed to sneak Redahli in the boat thanks to him, so I managed to beat the chapter. FINALLY.

Two things I wanna note about this chapter, though:

* The Arena goes wtf against my units. I sent level 10 Kael there and I encountered units that dealt 20+ damage to him, and also Pegasi that double him. The most special thing I encountered was a Vol. Ranger that kept firing arrows at me while my Kael was standing there doing nothing, LOL.

* The villages are buggy, no dialogue and no events, the only thing they give is a Slap Patch, without dialogue that is.