Ragefest IV: Trolls & Tribulations

MarkyJoe1990

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gah, so pissed off. every time the game gets to modified text, it freezes and gives me the screech of death...and i have no idea what's wrong...THIS IS LITERALLY THE LAST THING I HAVE TO DO >.<

Have you used a different version of FEditor on the same rom? My main project did that when I used new FEditor on it (after using old FEditor for months).

edit: geez louise, I almost forgot to say thanks for the extension! I actually scrapped what I had on my Ragefest project a few days ago because I couldn't implement things the way I wanted to and I wanted a map that was more manageable in size (everyone loves gigantic Ragefest maps, but they're so much work χ_X). I think I'll ultimately be happier with what I turn in at week's end than I was with what I had previously.

Edited by Alusq

Have you used a different version of FEditor on the same rom? My main project did that when I used new FEditor on it (after using old FEditor for months).

edit: geez louise, I forgot to say thanks for the extension! I actually scrapped what I had on my Ragefest project a few days ago because I couldn't implement things the way I wanted to and I wanted a map that was more manageable in size (everyone loves gigantic Ragefest maps, but they're so much work χ_X). I think I'll ultimately be happier with what I turn in at week's end than I was with what I had previously.

Nah, turns out I had to edit text FIRST, then insert crap, because if i insert crap first, FEditor Adv will try to display events as convos, which equals crash.

Nah, turns out I had to edit text FIRST, then insert crap, because if i insert crap first, FEditor Adv will try to display events as convos, which equals crash.

So you have to do /all/ of your text, then never do it again when you start with the map/events/other stuff? That sounds... really tedious.

edit: geez louise, I almost forgot to say thanks for the extension! I actually scrapped what I had on my Ragefest project a few days ago because I couldn't implement things the way I wanted to and I wanted a map that was more manageable in size (everyone loves gigantic Ragefest maps, but they're so much work χ_X). I think I'll ultimately be happier with what I turn in at week's end than I was with what I had previously.

This is how I felt during RF3 when there was an extension after I sent marc my submission, so I updated it and then he never played the updated version ever after all that work

I'm also really interested in making a Ragefest 4 submission, but given that I only recently saw this post, I'm going to need that week extension to push it through. ^^;

Some would say a hack in one week isn't doable, but then they have to be reminded that this happened.

Edited by Klokinator

Yeah, I'm pretty hyped about this! I worked with spriting for FE games before and creating other assets, but those things never really got anywhere, so I lost my motivation, but this is certainly interesting. I just hope one week is enough! xD

Naturally since I suck at actual hacking I'm going to be making it in FEXP, where my coding is at least mediocre. xD

I'm pretty excited for FEXNA too (I donated for it since there's not much else I can do), but then there's also FE7x to look forward to first.

It only took me 5 days to make my hack...of course I was working nonstop those days, though if you know what you are doing, and don't mess up text editing, it would've taken me about 20 hours of work. Either way, what I'm trying to say is, you don't need lots of time to make a quality hack.

Let me be the one to tell ya that a shorter time and starting from scratch may be the best idea for ragefest. I have been working on mine for months and had a lot of ideas only for most of them to get cut because I simply do not have the time to polish them. In fact, its looking like it will either be too easy or be too hard and I am at the point I am going mad, so its probably going to be too hard.

In anycase good luck and expect my submission marc tonight, for better or for worse

Some would say a hack in one week isn't doable, but then they have to be reminded that this happened.

Then they read the thread and find out that I only completed one-third of what I set out to do. Still, imagine if everyone's projects finished a chapter per week... I think maybe I'll finally actually finish that for FEE3 after Ragefest and KlsFE are already spoken for.

Speaking of Ragefest, I just restarted mine on a fresh rom and it's already going a lot more swimmingly than what I had a day ago; this extra week is what's going to do it for me.

Also, mrnight,

how do you buff devil reversal chances, going to add in troll stuff to my hack

First you must understand the formula of how it works, its takes [Luck - 31] = Devil % chance

So what this means is your devil should give more or less luck than 31. Example: unit has -50 luck, [-50 - 31] = -81, but its an absolute value so 81% chance of devil reversal. however this also means every enemy that attacks that unit has insane crit chances which tell the player something is up so you could do [51 - 31] = 20% chance. The best part about this is the more luck that unit gains, the more it screws them.

So all one has to do is give their devil weapon a luck stat bonus using the nightmare mods and viola, Trolling OP weapons. also note you can't go past the number 121 I think. it starts to fuck up big time after that.

Edited by MrNight48

First you must understand the formula of how it works, its takes [Luck - 31] = Devil % chance

So what this means is your devil should give more or less luck than 31. Example: unit has -50 luck, [-50 - 31] = -81, but its an absolute value so 81% chance of devil reversal. however this also means every enemy that attacks that unit has insane crit chances which tell the player something is up so you could do [51 - 31] = 20% chance. The best part about this is the more luck that unit gains, the more it screws them.

So all one has to do is give their devil weapon a luck stat bonus using the nightmare mods and viola, Trolling OP weapons. also note you can't go past the number 121 I think. it starts to fuck up big time after that.

Good enough.

Just finished the first Ragefest IV submission. It was pretty tough, but I managed to beat it in about 5 tries and only loaded one save state. Some parts really pushed myself to think of some creative strategies. The run wasn't perfect, and I didn't get everything, but this should be satisfactory.

Out of all the submissions I've played in this contest so far, I think this one hinges the least on cheap traps and exploits. Almost all of the challenge here is legit, so I'd actually recommend playing it even outside the context of Ragefest.

Anyway, let's edit this bad boy!

... Also, do hashtags work on this forum? #FERagefest

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Mine is moreso meant to be entertaining, while trying to figure out the strategy to victory. The only run you can do is the perfect one :)

Doesn't have much replayability though, unless you want to find out what that "secret" does.

Also, I set the game to eternally loop the same chapter, so you can play through it again after completing it legitly and finding out what the "secret" does.

Edited by RandomSwordmaster