Fire Emblem: Exalted Legacy

Arch

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance at some Feena cameo/maybe a Bard?

just any revitalizing units really

If someone's got a Feena mug they want to contribute for a cameo I'd be happy to do so.

And yeah, I'm looking at adding a Bard.

Maybe generals should have access to the 4 physical weapon types? Not sure about armours, but I think they should have more than just a lance.

Lance/Axe Knights that pick up Swords & Bows on promotion... Hmm...

Question is though, will anyone actually pick a Bishop over Magegirl/Soldier?

I probably will.

He's a great early-game healer, he just slows down significantly as the game progresses when Lena and Maria should be surpassing him.

I was thinking. What about making Hardin into a main character or some sort of Lord class on his own. Since he is pretty important in Book 2/FE12 after all. Plus, it always felt like he should have been more important in FE1/FE3/FE11 than he actually was.

Edited by Ryan7556

Armor knights had Lances/Bows but I'm not sure if Arch would keep that.

They are still kinda deemed useless, since they Cavaliers still have more move and Swords and Lances even if there are less. Cain, Abel, and now Matthis has utility with Flight. Plus Caeda, so yeah Draug is still kinda useless.

I thought this was a remake, not a rebalance. I don't Draug shouldn't be recreated entirely as he is the earlygame armour knight and he ends up pretty tanky for those who likes generals.

I was thinking. What about making Hardin into a main character or some sort of Lord class on his own. Since he is pretty important in Book 2/FE12 after all. Plus, it always felt like he should have been important in FE1/FE3/FE11 than he actually was.

I'm considering giving him at least a personal promotion, if nothing else.

And yeah, he gets a fuckston more dialogue. He should've been much more important to the plot.

Armor knights had Lances/Bows but I'm not sure if Arch would keep that.

They are still kinda deemed useless, since they Cavaliers still have more move and Swords and Lances even if there are less. Cain, Abel, and now Matthis has utility with Flight. Plus Caeda, so yeah Draug is still kinda useless.

Gotta give Draug and Roger some usefulness. Lance/Bow Knights with Generals that use all physical weapons could be quite legit...

Edited by Arch

Hah, it's gonna be SO hard to make the makmute class. That is, if your going to have all of those stones like Shadow Dragon (I'm guessing you won't?)

It's also going to be hard to make the Fire Emblem item.....

Also, are units like hunters apearring?

And, Are classes going to have weapons they had in FE1/3/7? Or are they going to only be restricted to the weapons they can use in the GBA games?

Somone should make a Swordmaster Triangle attack animation.

Hey Arch, I'm going to come out of my self-imposed SF exile for a minute just to say I'm a massive supporter of this project. I toyed with doing an FE11 remake myself (never actually played FE1), since Shadow Dragon was pretty lacking IMO, but I didn't really like the Archanea thing enough to see it through. I'm glad to see somebody do it though, and you'd be the best for the job!

I'll be watching this closely, and through Skype and whatnot :3

Just one question from me; you said you were going to add more class diversity, but does that include using the GBA classes that weren't featured in Shadow Dragon, like Assassins and Monks and whatnot? Actually this also brings up the question of whether you'll be using anima/light/dark (I hope you are!)

I'd be open to help with icon spriting, too, if you need any help in that department :)

In a parallel timeline Arch is making a FE1 remake hack that's as close to the original as possible because the DS remake wasn't close to the original enough.

Welp. I'm off to go punch parallel me in the face. :angry:

Just one question from me; you said you were going to add more class diversity, but does that include using the GBA classes that weren't featured in Shadow Dragon, like Assassins and Monks and whatnot? Actually this also brings up the question of whether you'll be using anima/light/dark (I hope you are!)

I'd be open to help with icon spriting, too, if you need any help in that department :)

I'm glad to hear I've got your supports, Jubs. I'll throw a request or two your way when I get around to tackling weapon icons; I'm sure that I'll need a fair amount!

I'm feeling like Assassins would be an enemy-only class, but I might retain them. Wyvern Riders are definitely in for T1 Wyverns, and so are Rogues as a Thief promotion.

Anima/Light/Dark? Of course I'm leaving them split :D:. Here's how that's going to happen. Obviously Mages will be Anima users, and Dark Mages/Sorcerors (from FE11) will be using Dark magic. Etzel will be repping the Dark magic, as will a new Dark Mage OC. Linde is switching over the the Light-side. She'll be a Light Mage, promoting to Sage. She might be the only T1 Light magic user, though. Wrys will have Light at base, and the Clerics will pick it up when they promote. Monks will probably stay in as an enemy-only Light magic clas.

Edited by Arch

Another idea. The Jiol fight should be a lot more important in this (I mean he did contribute to the death of Marth's father after all). Maybe Jiol could have a unique "King" class as well. I have a feeling you have something like this planned already.

Another thing, are Agro's converted SD tracks going to be featured in this?

Edited by Ryan7556

Another idea. The Jiol fight should be a lot more important in this (I mean he did contribute to the death of Marth's father after all). Maybe Jiol could have a unique "King" class as well. I have a feeling you have something like this planned already.

Another thing, are Agro's converted SD tracks going to be featured in this?

Yeah, I'm already all over this Jiol stuff. He needs to be bumped up to a more prominent role, definitely.

And definitely, I'm collaborating with Agro on getting all of the major tracks we need for this. I'm using most of what he's released in the ROM already.

Also, good news everybody! I'm pondering a way to keep the Wolfguard without them bloating the shit out of the cast. Roshea and Vyland and Sedgar, but who cares about him, still have hope! Basically, this game's gonna be really fond of making you choose which unit to recruit. Also, I'm only doing this because mugs already exist.

Edited by Arch

Hey Arch. There's something you forgot to answer earlier. But will Barst still be in the game? Or have you not decided on that yet? If you're going to cut out an axe user, do it Bord, I don't think anyone cares about him

Edited by Ryan7556

Hey Arch. There's something you forgot to answer earlier. But will Barst still be in the game? Or have you not decided on that yet? If you're going to cut out an axe user, to do it Bord, I don't think anyone cares about him

Bord and Cord are staying home to be boring woodcutters. Barst is still in action.

That's good to know then. Will Barst also get introduction lines as well? It would probably make sense for him to introduce himself at the end of chapter 1 if he's still a Talys mercenary.

Edited by Ryan7556

this hack sux how can you cut out godly ZAGGARO but keep faggots like Vyland in

So basically what I'm seeing is that pretty much the main reason to play this over FE11 is supports.

I guess you'll have your work cut out for you with making new Manakete animations. Good luck with that.

Btw I don't think giving knights/generals access to bows suddenly rids them of uselessness. They still have the same fundamental problem of having terribad move and bad speed (although Draug's pretty fast so he won't suffer that issues). I guess they'll be more useful if you give them access to all weapons but at least give them a decent weapon rank for them. For the most part, I'd say the best way to make them good is to give them more opportunities for them to be useful (like putting in powerful enemies that aren't fast enough to double them) and to not make their constitution really high since that just kills their mobility.

So basically what I'm seeing is that pretty much the main reason to play this over FE11 is supports.

You ain't seen anything yet :P:.

Oh, and Sedgar's still in too. All three of them are probably most likely still in, you'll just only be able to recruit one of them and the other two will stay behind in Aurelis.

That's good to know then. Will Barst also get introduction lines as well? It would probably make sense for him to introduce himself at the end of chapter 1 if he's still a Talys mercenary.

Yeah, no more of this "characters joining without any lines" crap.

will roy and marth be in this game?????????????

Roy's Spirit Talisman will be sold as DLC after the game's main release for $50.00.