[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

Hello. I'm a bit stressed out right now, and I don't know who else to ask about this, so I'm sorry if I'm asking this in the wrong place or if I'm hard to follow. I had two save files; one Hoshido, one Nohr. I recently decided to update my emunand and launcher.dat to the newest versions so I could get to the eshop and try out some DLC. Everything works fine, but my saves are now gone! I saved to the second page, so they should be on the SD card, right? I had backed up my SD card earlier, so I tried replacing the files with the backup ones, but when I launched the game, it said it has to initialize before the game can start. Then it has no 'load game' option. Just 'new game'. Can someone tell me what to do here? Or, at the very least, where the save games are located on the SD card? I spent a lot of time on those save games.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello. I'm a bit stressed out right now, and I don't know who else to ask about this, so I'm sorry if I'm asking this in the wrong place or if I'm hard to follow. I had two save files; one Hoshido, one Nohr. I recently decided to update my emunand and launcher.dat to the newest versions so I could get to the eshop and try out some DLC. Everything works fine, but my saves are now gone! I saved to the second page, so they should be on the SD card, right? I had backed up my SD card earlier, so I tried replacing the files with the backup ones, but when I launched the game, it said it has to initialize before the game can start. Then it has no 'load game' option. Just 'new game'. Can someone tell me what to do here? Or, at the very least, where the save games are located on the SD card? I spent a lot of time on those save games.

So basically, you updated Emunand.

Have you tried playing the new game out to chapter 6?

That's to see if your saves are actually there.

so, the saves won\t show up until I've beaten the first 6 chapters? Okay, thats great news! But could you tell me where the saves would be located in the sd card, or if the game even saves to the sd card at all?

so, the saves won\t show up until I've beaten the first 6 chapters? Okay, thats great news! But could you tell me where the saves would be located in the sd card, or if the game even saves to the sd card at all?

No, right now you can't see saves at all. So to unlock the save function, you have to reach chapter 6. That will tell you if you have saves or not.

Since you saved it in the other pages, then it is 100% on the SD card.

No, right now you can't see saves at all. So to unlock the save function, you have to reach chapter 6. That will tell you if you have saves or not.

Since you saved it in the other pages, then it is 100% on the SD card.

"it is 100% on the SD card." <--- This is the best thing I've heard all day! You, sir, deserve a metal. I just found two '.sav' files on the SD card. I'm assuming these are my save games that are not showing up because I haven't gotten to chapter 6 yet. Thank you.

"it is 100% on the SD card." <--- This is the best thing I've heard all day! You, sir, deserve a metal. I just found two '.sav' files on the SD card. I'm assuming these are my save games that are not showing up because I haven't gotten to chapter 6 yet. Thank you.

Those probably aren't it. You can't find the save files on your SD card, no one can. That's why you have to get to chapter 6. Because if they're there, then great. If not, well you're out of luck and forgot to back up your save.

Those probably aren't it. You can't find the save files on your SD card, no one can. That's why you have to get to chapter 6. Because if they're there, then great. If not, well you're out of luck and forgot to back up your save.

I backed up my SD card just before I updated the emunand. So, if the saves are located on the SD card, then I MUST have them. Wish me luck, I guess.

Thanks again.

Edited by Ben_413

The actual project has been "transferred" over to the newer members, the more veteran members are all stopping as of now. That's just supports btw.

It's possible. (We don't care about the NA version to do it though.)

So the translation will continue with someone else? Where can we see the progress?

Yeah, but, I think people should start believing in "Finish what you started." more.

The original scope of the project was menus and menus only.

So, to throw back your words at you, we did. Everything else after that was bonus.

So sit your ass down, shut up, and wait. Because most of the people that left did all they set out to do: the story script.

Edited by shadowofchaos

The original scope of the project was menus and menus only.

So, to throw back your words at you, we did. Everything else after that was bonus.

So sit your ass down, shut up, and wait. Because most of the people that left did all they set out to do: the story script.

You should calm down though. I wasn't even trying to be a dick, I'm sure I didn't make any promises unlike some here...

Anyway, as long as the project continues, I don't think I care when it finishes, then again, it would be nice to know about some progress instead of complete silence or this...

Unless you didn't realize it, you implied contempt for a project that met it's deadline for the main story because the supports weren't done.

My experience with translation patches is that while people say they'll wait as long as they need to, they hint at passive aggressiveness towards any people who leave the team for their own reasons, delaying the 100% including extra content, patches. You just clearly did that.

Simply because you want a report on progress.

Those "promises" aren't even promises. They are estimates for releases that are empty and nonbinding. This is a community project, so if you're going to complain about "promises" then how about you take charge of the project?

Inquiries for "how long till" personally annoy me from how many translation projects I've seen get badgered by people which only serve to delay the project effort even more.

[/hostility]

Edited by shadowofchaos

That would be an honorable cause. Another great game that I´m hyped for the fantranslation.

I know that the FE Fates translation team have merged together for a while now but this is a beast of a project to tackle (So much text to translate). I'm really looking forward to their work on The Great Ace Attorney translation.

I know that the FE Fates translation team have merged together for a while now but this is a beast of a project to tackle (So much text to translate). I'm really looking forward to their work on The Great Ace Attorney translation.

Team If unmerged with the DGS/GAA team. Several members are just active in both.

Unless you didn't realize it, you implied contempt for a project that met it's deadline for the main story because the supports weren't done.

My experience with translation patches is that while people say they'll wait as long as they need to, they hint at passive aggressiveness towards any people who leave the team for their own reasons, delaying the 100% including extra content, patches. You just clearly did that.

Simply because you want a report on progress.

Those "promises" aren't even promises. They are estimates for releases that are empty and nonbinding. This is a community project, so if you're going to complain about "promises" then how about you take charge of the project?

Inquiries for "how long till" personally annoy me from how many translation projects I've seen get badgered by people which only serve to delay the project effort even more.

[/hostility]

You know, with all this time you wasted replying to me, you could have gave me a date for when you think the supports are done :^)

Team If unmerged with the DGS/GAA team. Several members are just active in both.

Ahh thats unfortunate. I haven't been looking at the updates on the projects to have known about this. But i'm sure the team had their reasons why they unmerged. Thank you for correcting me on that and good luck to the several Team IF members who are working on other translation projects.

Edited by DDR4Life

You know, with all this time you wasted replying to me, you could have gave me a date for when you think the supports are done :^)

That's exactly the kind of attitude I meant.

I know I'm getting flame baited, but your "chop chop get to work" attitude deserves to get called out.

問題が現れる時、誰も助からなければいい。

Edited by shadowofchaos

That's exactly the kind of attitude I meant.

I know I'm getting flame baited, but your "chop chop" attitude deserves to get called out.

I hope no one helps you if you have problems using the patch.

I know, that's the point.

Does it now? Why? Because you're not able to answer a simple question, right? So you'll call it a "chop chop" attitude instead, for whatever reason.

I know how long it takes for someone Japanese with mild knowledge of English to translate a whole C to S support in their spare time, but I honestly have no idea how long it would take 5-10 people that are done with the main story line.

You know, you could have avoided the snark and passive aggression you so much hate by answering me politely.

As for the patch, video related:

I know, that's the point.

Does it now? Why? Because you're not able to answer a simple question, right? So you'll call it a "chop chop" attitude instead, for whatever reason.

I know how long it takes for someone Japanese with mild knowledge of English to translate a whole C to S support in their spare time, but I honestly have no idea how long it would take 5-10 people that are done with the main story line.

You know, you could have avoided the snark and passive aggression you so much hate by answering me politely.

As for the patch, video related:

Yes you know how long it takes for supports... so do it yourself. Do you have a full time job or other life priorities or other projects that the members of the team have?

The fact is we don't have an estimate. So please stop badgering for an answer when there isn't one.

Yes you know how long it takes for supports... so do it yourself. Do you have a full time job or other life priorities or other projects that the members of the team have?

The fact is we don't have an estimate. So please stop badgering for an answer when there isn't one.

To play devil's advocate, all you have to do is keep a weekly change log that has a very simple list such as "completed supports for Camilla", "working on supports for Sakura", "15 characters left to translate supports for" and so on. That alone would silence the complaints in regards to "when is it gonna be done" since people could just simply make their own estimates for themselves (instead of "badgering" you) based upon how much is getting done per week.

As someone who has personally worked on fan translations in the past, I definitely know where you're coming from. However, I can also say that when I was doing my project, I would actively post a public log so that people could see what's going on. I personally believe complete transparency is key to keeping people happy, and this project has been basically the opposite of that. Hell, we initially had lightning fast updates, only for it to go to a brutally slow crawl with no communication. There's also the argument that you could just use the various pastebins filled with translated support dialogs to speed up the process (hell, I could implement those myself using FEAT and a free afternoon).

You are certainly welcome to do whatever pleases you; I am simply making suggestions that could help you avoid any future "badgering".

Edited by Bobhorton

You have some valid points regarding relations with the public with something like a log.

However from that particular poster, I feel no obligation to put forth any effort accommodating them.

Opening up pastebins or collaboration tools for the public, back when this was just menus, was a horrendous mess and caused more delays than it helped. It was a disaster due to quality control... and no matter how much you tell people not to do it, they use Google Translate.

Or try to guess at it instead of actually admitting that they aren't qualified to contribute as a translator.

Now moving on... if you, in particular, want to contribute and feel that you will be more active than the current team... and you have decent Japanese skill or can contribute in some other way, I'm sure Jun can add you to the Skype chat.

I'm not willing to work with a vocal minority, like the above poster who gives you an implicit ultimatum of "give me what I want or I'll post non-contributing passive aggressive clutter in your thread".

Edited by shadowofchaos